*~*~*~* Official 2017-2018 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
continued review from buffalo
It was my number one choice by a long shot, oh well

Members don't see this ad.

"continued review from buffalo" here too.

I'm not sure what this means...i think this is a "we will put you into this pile for post-dec....maybe"

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations!!! I watched your youtube video when preparing for the DAT, it's cool to know we could be future classmates. Best of luck on interviews :)

Thanks! That's cool!! Where do we overlap?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview number 6 :horns:

School: Michigan
Notification date: 9/26
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MA
Application completion date: 7/14
AADSAS submission date: 7/4
GPA (science, overall) 3.60, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19/ TS 19/ PAT 21/ RC 22/ QR 18 none below 17

Reactions: 10 users
Interview number 6 :horns:

Notification date: 9/26
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 19/ TS 19/ PAT 21/ RC 22/ QR 18 none below 17

Congrats! I'm from Michigan, have similar stats, and my app was completed around that same time so I'm hoping to hear from them soon, the anticipation is killing me tho lol! Do you know if there are still a good amount of interview dates left before Dec 1?

Congrats! I'm from Michigan, have similar stats, and my app was completed around that same time so I'm hoping to hear from them soon, the anticipation is killing me tho lol! Do you know if there are still a good amount of interview dates left before Dec 1?
Thanks! This was posted in the Michigan thread a while back regarding interview dates:

Every Friday
9/ 15,22,29
10/ 13,20,
11/ 3,10,17
1/ 19,26
(8 pre-Dec, 2 post-Dec, 300 invitations)

This seems pretty accurate.. in my email it said the next available date is 10/13. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks! This was posted in the Michigan thread a while back regarding interview dates:

Every Friday
9/ 15,22,29
10/ 13,20,
11/ 3,10,17
1/ 19,26
(8 pre-Dec, 2 post-Dec, 300 invitations)

This seems pretty accurate.. in my email it said the next available date is 10/13. Good luck!

Didn't realize there were so many interview dates! Thanks and good luck to you as well!!

Interview #3 (Post-Dec Interview)
School: UNLV
Notification date: 9/26/17
Residency: PA
AADSAS mail-out date:7/7/17
Application complete date: 7/14/17
GPA (science, overall): 3.18s, 3.34o
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/24/23/17 (20 1st time taking it)/No

Reactions: 5 users
Interview 6
School: University of Michigan!!!!
Notification: 9/27, email about 6:15 AM (PST)
Residency: OOS
GPA: 3.65
DAT AA/TS/PAT: 21/21/21
App complete date: 6/15

So pumped, go blue!

Reactions: 9 users
Just very worried
oGPA 3.45 sGPA 3.2
19AA 21TS
Volunteer hours
Work experience
Shadowing
Community service
Aadsas app complete 8/8/17

But NOT one interview

Applied to
Nyu
Touro
Boston
Temple
Tufts
Maryland
Uconn
Nova
Lecom
Western

are my stats that bad !?

I'm in the same boat as you.

Interview #8
Notification date: 9/27/17
Residency: MN
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/4/17
Application complete date: 7/11/17
GPA (science, overall): 3.97, 3.96
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/24/19/21 no

Reactions: 4 users
is it still okay to apply now... i know its kinda late but is it too late lol i have my LORs and transcript already in and have done over half of the app

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
is it still okay to apply now... i know its kinda late but is it too late lol
I know a girl applied in November and took her DAT in January, but still got in last year. The chances are not as high, but you can give it a try.

is it still okay to apply now... i know its kinda late but is it too late lol i have my LORs and transcript already in and have done over half of the app

I just took my DAT the 21st, I would still apply. I applied like the 4th day in June but my scores were sent late in September and I called the school to make sure it was okay that I was a little behind schedule for the application and they just said their deadline was November so as long as your meeting your school deadline, you're okay. Now you may not have the highest dance like other people who applied really early and already got an interview but there still a chance. The worst they can do is not give you an interview but at least you tried and you're not sitting there wondering what would've happened if you applied. I learned not to listen to everyone's advice on here and call your selected school yourself because I was ready to give up until I called the school myself.

Reactions: 1 users
I just took my DAT the 21st, I would still apply. I applied like the 4th day in June but my scores were sent late in September and I called the school to make sure it was okay that I was a little behind schedule for the application and they just said their deadline was November so as long as your meeting your school deadline, you're okay. Now you may not have the highest dance like other people who applied really early and already got an interview but there still a chance. The worst they can do is not give you an interview but at least you tried and you're not sitting there wondering what would've happened if you applied. I learned not to listen to everyone's advice on here and call your selected school yourself because I was ready to give up until I called the school myself.
I don't think calling the schools and ask if it's too late to apply is a good idea since they will likely say no and gladly take your application money.

If you have average stats with outstanding ECs or above average stats, I would say go ahead and apply. If you have average or below average stats, you should save up the app money and apply to more schools next cycle on June 1. Just my two cents.

Anyone still getting supplemental applications from University of Florida?

Interview #4 NYU!!!!!
Notification date: 9/27/17 8:32 PM
Residency: NJ
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/24/17
Application complete date: 7/27/17
GPA (science, overall): 3.6, 3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/23/20/21 no

Anyone still getting supplemental applications from University of Florida?
I got mine a while ago and they have been pretty quiet...I think I have heard that people are still getting them , just haven’t heard about any recent interviews... I’m hoping they are a little behind due to closing the school for a week due to the hurricane...

Here we go again....good luck!

Current cycle's Application Timeline Thread (Submitted, Verified, Mailed): *~*~*~* Official 2017-2018 Application Timeline Thread (Submitted, Verified, Mailed) *~*~*~*

Last cycle's thread for reference: *~*~*~* Official 2016-2017 Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread *~*~*~*

Please use the following format so interviews/acceptances/rejections stand out when posting:

School:
Notification date:
Method of notification:
Residency:
AADSAS mail-out date:
Application complete date:
GPA (science, overall)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):
Good luck everybody!

Interview number 7 :horns:

School: Pitt
Notification date: 9/28

Reactions: 7 users

What are schools did you interview at?

So I received an email this morning from Tuft’s saying my app in on hold Due to the $75 fee not being received. Yet that was paid early July and received the complete/under review email a week after. Anyone encounter this error also?

So I received an email this morning from Tuft’s saying my app in on hold Due to the $75 fee not being received. Yet that was paid early July and received the complete/under review email a week after. Anyone encounter this error also?
kinda seems like tufts is just walking around bumping into things getting used to this new system lol i would just email them and not worry too much about it (easier said than done lol)

Was the actual email sent today or did you just see the notification today? I thought Pitt only gave interviews on mondays.

Open ended question: In one of my experience sections which I started in June I noted that I go a couple times a week. About 2 weeks in I realized how difficult this was to do as well as manage other obligations and scaled back to once a week and sometimes once every other week when I was very busy (I work full time). The amount of hours I've done is much more than what is on my app but I can only go occasionally instead of a couple times a week. Should I email schools this update/bring it up in interviews?
''Tis the season to be paranoid
Not important, I wouldn't email them. I don't think schools even look over how often you go other than just seeing if you meet their minimum hours requirement.

Was the actual email sent today or did you just see the notification today? I thought Pitt only gave interviews on mondays.
Received it today at 11 AM EST. They only interview on Mondays, I believe..

Received it today at 11 AM EST. They only interview on Mondays, I believe..
Yes they only interview on Mondays but up until now they've only been sending invites on Mondays too. They're changing it up!

I applied to 8 dental schools and so far have only heard from one. I was wondering are there any schools still worth applying to?
My stats are 22 AA, 23 TS, 23 Bio, 21 Gchem, 25 Ochem, 21 RC, 19 PAT, 19 QR
3.61 overall GPA and 3.53 science
I applied to UCSF, UCLA, USC, UoP, WesternU, NYU, Case Western, Temple

Interview #2 (interview #1 was at Iowa, but I interviewed before I saw this thread)

School: UCLA
Residency: Iowa
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 4.00
DAT: 25AA/24TS/25PAT/23RC/30QR/none below 23

Interview #2 (interview #1 was at Iowa, but I interviewed before I saw this thread)

School: UCLA
Residency: Iowa
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 4.00
DAT: 25AA/24TS/25PAT/23RC/30QR/none below 23

Ciao :) when did you receive the app complete email?

Alright, well here is number 9!
Also, for those wondering, Yes they still have as few pre-December days left.

School: UPENN
Notification date: 9/29
Residency: MD
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/10
Application complete date: 7/24
GPA (science, overall): s3.90, o3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/27/18/23(none below 17)

Reactions: 6 users
Interview #2!!!!!

School: University of Florida
Notification date: 9/29/17 thru email
AADSAS complete: submitted 6/3, transcripts verified mid/end of July, but didn't take DAT until 7/30
Interview date: 11/1/17
Residency: FL
GPA: 3.88 overall GPA, 3.68 sci GPA
DAT: 21 AA/19 TS/17 PAT/18 BIO/20 gen Chem/23 o Chem/25 RC/19 QR

Alright, well here is number 9!
Also, for those wondering, Yes they still have as few pre-December days left.

Residency: MD
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/10
Application complete date: 7/24
GPA (science, overall): s3.90, o3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/27/18/23(none below 17)

Congrats! If you don't mind, when did your app go "Under Review?" Mine still says "App Complete" in the AADSAS.

Residency: WA
Application complete date: 7/21
GPA (science, overall): 4.0, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/25/20/24(none below 17)

Residency: WA
Application complete date: 7/21
GPA (science, overall): 4.0, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25/25/20/24(none below 17)
Did you get a pre-dec date?

Interview #9!!!!

University of Michigan :)

Notification Date: 9/30
Method of notification: email
Residency: MI
AADSAS submitted: 6/28
AADSAS complete/verified: 7/12
GPA (science, overall): 4.0, 4.0
DAT: (AA/TS/PAT/RC/any section below a 17): 21/22/24/21/none

Reactions: 4 users

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking when is your interview? Did you get offered a couple of dates?

Interview #9!!!!

University of Michigan :)

Notification Date: 9/30
Method of notification: email
Residency: MI
AADSAS submitted: 6/28
AADSAS complete/verified: 7/12
GPA (science, overall): 4.0, 4.0
DAT: (AA/TS/PAT/RC/any section below a 17): 21/22/24/21/none
Glad you heard!