Official 2016 COMLEX Level 1 Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Throwaway01

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here it is. Comlex level 1.

Anyone take the exam in February?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll cry tears of joy for a 400 at this point. I want off the emotional roller coaster.

Reactions: 6 users
I think the last round of scores came out around 5 pm ET.

Thanks! So since there's a range of dates (7/18-7/19 for this round), do you have any idea if they always just send them on the last day or does it vary? I feel like there's no way they'll actually post them tomorrow.

Thanks! So since there's a range of dates (7/18-7/19 for this round), do you have any idea if they always just send them on the last day or does it vary? I feel like there's no way they'll actually post them tomorrow.

Yeah, I have no idea. I feel like they will just torture us and release the scores Tuesday.

Reactions: 1 user

I have a lot of friends that got their score on the last release cycle and I'm pretty sure it was the last day of the range (and they gave a 5 day range that time) at almost 5 PM eastern. Morale of the story: don't obsessively click refresh or hold your breath.

I have a lot of friends that got their score on the last release cycle and I'm pretty sure it was the last day of the range (and they gave a 5 day range that time) at almost 5 PM eastern. Morale of the story: don't obsessively click refresh or hold your breath.

I'm sure most of us will be telling ourselves that but still obsessively clicking anyways because we can't help it!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I would really like to have my score tomorrow but I am expecting Tuesday, because NBOME. Never understood the reasoning behind giving a date range when it's almost always the last day that scores are released.

I just hope the website doesn't crash like it did for the USMLE release last week. That was miserable.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Yeah I'm gonna pretend like today isn't even an option and not even think about it until tomorrow at 5 pm.

Reactions: 2 users
So I guess we now can confirm that the scores aren't out today. We all knew this would happen, but hoped it wouldn't.

Why even give us a range? Why not just give us one day and if by some miracle ut is done before that day, we're all thrilled? Just give us the worst case scenario, don't get our hopes up lol.

Why even give us a range? Why not just give us one day and if by some miracle ut is done before that day, we're all thrilled? Just give us the worst case scenario, don't get our hopes up lol.

Right?! I obsessively checked for my USMLE score all morning last Wednesday (when I could get away with it in the hospital anyway) and I'm not even bothering to check my COMLEX score until tomorrow afternoon.

Good luck tomorrow ya'll! I wish I could say luck has nothing to do with it but lets be real... it's the COMLEX :laugh:

Reactions: 4 users
I'm going insane with anxiety over the release and I'm sharing so the constant SDNers can have something new to read haha.

I'll preface it I'm
A pretty good student I think I'm above average but not in the upper 25th percent of my class.

I took both USMLE and comlex and I honestly felt much more comfortable with USMLE (even though I got no sleep before my test from nerves). I did almost all of Uworld (200 left) with a 67%, nbme 17 at 222, UWSA 1: 245 UWSA2: 245
did first aid 2X did pathoma 1.5x.
And did 600 combank Qs and read savarese.

got a 569 on my Comsae D 1.5 months out and a 589 on Comsae C two days before my test. I took USMLE the week before comlex on the 15th and got in mid 220s (don't want to say exact for anonymity) and IM happy with it

When I sat to for comlex on the 22nd I was blown away at how different it was from my Comsaes and combank the format for the questions were definitely imitating USMLE style but the hardest for me was the neuro, repro and random business marketing models the format was just a straight recall but it was obscure detail not something you can think through like with USMLE. The micro was random but I was ready for it (I reviewed micro the days before with OMM) and the OMM ranged from doable to hard as hell have no idea what you're even asking?. At least 4 questions I felt that the right answer wasn't even listed for some of them (not a good feeling)

. The worst part for me was timing! I always am Slow at test taking (usually served me well in med school cuz i Reread questions and proofread with all the time to make sure not to make dumb mistakes) but it definitely hurt me here.I struggled to keep with the time throughout the entire test. USMLE
Format is so much better for pacing.

And I also did the dumbest thing ever please don't judge me I don't know how this happened but I accidentally skipped my lunch break and went straight through to the next four hour section (must've somehow double clicked when I was struggling to answer everything on time) I couldn't go back panicked ran outside to the bathroom to pee shoved a sandwich in my mouth and went back into the test. So that was some major extra stress. I probably guessed on the last 5 of the first half and last 12 of last 4 hour half of the test because of time loss. Overall I don't know what else I could've done to prepare for that insane test in terms of content. Feel super anxious to get my score tomorrow I feel I could've done great or horrible on the questions I answered cuz I went through it so fast .

I somehow hope against hope and praying to Allah, baby Jesus, Santa clause and the holy AT still that I passed and got somewhere in the 500s. But venting here has helped me get it out. Hopefully the support group here will help haha. I'll let everyone know how I did that way you can know the post test anxiety vs how we actually did.

Last edited:
I don't give a **** anymore, I just want to pass this exam at this point. I keep reminding my self how many right I need to pass..200? 225? Whatever, this exam is just a small portion of our life in the scheme of things. Just a speed bump to cross and continue to build a life for ourselves and others.

Reactions: 3 users
Wasn't nervous at all about scores until a few minutes ago. The fact that they wait to the last minute is annoying.

yeah if their objective was to torture us as much as possible then mission accomplished. I guess at least they didn't give a 5 day range like the last group. Those guys were going through this for nearly a week. I just please want my score. Is the NBOME office in California or something on western time?

yeah if their objective was to torture us as much as possible then mission accomplished. I guess at least they didn't give a 5 day range like the last group. Those guys were going through this for nearly a week. I just please want my score. Is the NBOME office in California or something on western time?

I think they are out of Chicago

They're so annoying. What do they do all day?

My status just changed to "pass"! But I have no idea how to see my actual score.

Edit to add: when you log in the main screen will show pass/fail. Click the "View Scores" tab to... view scores. Apparently I can't read.

I just got my score. 715! Haven't even looked at the results page yet. My OMM lunch just ended... I'll post more later.

I just logged into my NOBME.

Under my "Exam Status" the "Status" column says "Passed Exam". Is this a change from before?! I dont know what it said before. I dont see a score anywhere though!

630> !! Very relieved! To be honest I felt like I guessed on the 2nd half of my exam so I'm definitely happy with my score :) Congrats everyone!!!

589. I felt this exam was complete garbage so I'm definitely content. lol. Congrats to all

Reactions: 4 users
Passed with a 575-595 range score. Don't want to be too specific, given my reputation around here. Puts me way beyond where I need to be score-wise if my interest in psych holds up.

guys i have failed it. by about 50 points. i haven't finished uworld. just combank and conquest. I've done sketchy FA and pathoma. it wasn't the content, i got nervous and changed a few answers. but a few questions won't have a failing result. i don't know. i have rested, now i have to go back hard. and finish uworld at least twice. i just rescheduled and i will take it in 45 days. pray for me.

Passed with a 575-595 range score. Don't want to be too specific, given my reputation around here. Puts me way beyond where I need to be score-wise if my interest in psych holds up.
Solid score, good job!
When will you get your USMLE score back?