Official 2016 COMLEX Level 1 Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Throwaway01

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here it is. Comlex level 1.

Anyone take the exam in February?

Members don't see this ad.

I've started day drinking- I hope your happy! Just release out scores already!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yeah, I'm somewhat confused as to why they would want to wait until the 5th to release the scores. I doubt they are working on it over the 3 day holiday weekend...

Reactions: 1 user
If they don't do it today I'm gonna be so mad because you're right, there's no way they're touching it this weekend.

Members don't see this ad :)
A couple weeks out from my test date... For anyone who has taken COMLEX, would it be a huge waste of time to pull out my anatomy atlas in order to brush up on NMS anatomy, cranial nerve/peripheral nerves, dermatomes, and general landmarks?

FA has been great, but they really skimp on anatomy so I don't feel prepared for it. I've been hearing from classmates who just took it that a lot of questions require you to know specific locations and anatomy that wasn't covered in FA whatsoever. Not sure if an atlas would be overkill though.

I actually think the most helpful thing is to go through the anatomy charts at the end of green book. I think it's overlooked alot, but I think it's actually really testable. To me It seems like the way nerves muscles and dermatomes are tested is how it is in green book. Also it's good for knowing origin and insertion stuff ie. What attaches to navicular v. Cuneiform v. Cuboid sort of stuff. I thought Form A comsae was helpful for practicing too.

I spoke to them today. If they don't release them by tomorrow (Friday), they are closed for the weekend and for the 4th (Monday) so we won't get them until the 5th

June 28- Finally we get our scores back
June 29- Ok fine an extra day hasn't killed anyone before.. Today is the day
June 30-
Funny-Drinking-Meme-Thursday-Drinking-Friends-Picture.jpg

I spoke to them today. If they don't release them by tomorrow (Friday), they are closed for the weekend and for the 4th (Monday) so we won't get them until the 5th

So there is a possibility they will release them tomorrow? I thought they didn't release scores on Fridays... Really do not want to have to wait all weekend!

So there is a possibility they will release them tomorrow? I thought they didn't release scores on Fridays... Really do not want to have to wait all weekend!

There is no rule that says they never do it but they try to avoid Fridays because they don't want us to have to wait the weekend if there are problems. They said for sure it won't be over the weekend or Monday so that leaves a small chance on Friday, otherwise it'll be Tuesday

There is no rule that says they never do it but they try to avoid Fridays because they don't want us to have to wait the weekend if there are problems. They said for sure it won't be over the weekend or Monday so that leaves a small chance on Friday, otherwise it'll be Tuesday
Oh how considerate of them

Reactions: 2 users
to handle this, I'd like to believe that there shall be an additional 50 points added to my overall score for each extra day I have to wait :whistle:

Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't mind me asking what did the email say?

It was about a comment I left after the test and said if I have further questions contact them by Tuesday at noon so I'm assuming they can't make changes after that and that means we get our scores then?! Maybe not idk haha

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone who has taken COMSAE form E: do you know of somewhere akin to the NBME discussions where I might be able to check out some answers? My internet search hasn't been fruitful (shocking...)

Took it today.

Just terrible. I feel like my efforts studying for step 1 and the green book were worthless for this exam.

Reactions: 3 users
Wow. What a joke of a test. I was asked the same question literally 8 times with the exact same presentation. Other times there would be answers to a previous question on the same block, so you could go back and change the answer!

The greenbook didn't help for OMM.

Sounds like everyone else's experience.

Wow. What a joke of a test. I was asked the same question literally 8 times with the exact same presentation. Other times there would be answers to a previous question on the same block, so you could go back and change the answer!

The greenbook didn't help for OMM.

Sounds like everyone else's experience.

I think I know what questions you're talking about lol.

Frustration is knowing that people who took the exam on Friday June 10th get their scores tomorrow while those of us who took the exam on Monday June 13 have to wait two more weeks :mad:

Frustration is knowing that people who took the exam on Friday June 10th get their scores tomorrow while those of us who took the exam on Monday June 13 have to wait two more weeks :mad:

You don't understand frustration unless you took your exam in May and were given a 7 day period of when scores could be released and of course releasing it the last day.

ImageUploadedBySDN1467694176.951978.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
When you guys get your scores back please please please post your results and previous tests for those of us still in limbo for a few weeks. You're all gonna ace it!

what are the chances of them NOT releasing them today, even though it's the last day in the range?

NBOME site says it's down for maintenance from 8:30-9:30 tomorrow night. Hopefully that doesn't mean they're waiting until then to post them...

NBOME is playing such a nasty joke on neurotic medical students. This is cruel. :barf:

the nbome is on eastern time right? So they have 20 minutes left to post the scores today?

COMSAE E (3 months out): 518
COMLEX Level 1: >650
USMLE Step 1: >260

Edit: I posted a write up in the Step 1 thread

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
604! Still really don't know what that means though, it feels much more difficult to gauge what a "good" score is on the COMLEX vs on the USMLE

604! Still really don't know what that means though, it feels much more difficult to gauge what a "good" score is on the COMLEX vs on the USMLE
agreed, i got a 599 but definitely just happy I passed. Not sure what it means really though. it says a 600 is 84th percentile on the nbome score converter

4/10 COMSAE form A - 549
4/25 COMSAE form D - 563
5/29 COMSAE form C - 628
5/31 COMLEX Level I - 687

Materials used to study: First Aid 2016, Comquest, Uworld, Firecracker, SketchyMedical, and the green book

606 on COMLEX, got a 581 on COMSAE D

Didn't really study for COMLEX, but I did read Savarese the day before, and just studied the usual for Step.

COMSAE A - 1/31/2016 - 475
COMBANK - 5/2/2016 - 75%
COMSAE B - 5/17/2016 - 549 (beginning of complete review)
COMBANK - 5/27/2016 - 80%
COMSAE D - 6/4/2016 - 621

COMLEX - 6/8/2016 - 573

Well, that **** storm is over. Seriously, passing is going to be the best thing ever.
80-90% cardio and GI.

UGH.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

UWSA1 (3/05/16) 238
UWSA2 (04/10/16) 245
NBME 15 (04/22) 251
NBME 13 (05/01) 258
NBME 16 (05/11) 271, really lucky
NBME 17 (05/18) 260, luck again
Free 117 (05/21) 95%, made some stupid mistakes
NBME 18 (05/22) 258
COMSAE D (04/25): 615

COMLEX 1 (05/27): 720's

Reactions: 4 users
I can't even describe how happy I was to receive my score. COMLEX was a really ridiculous test and I walked out feeling as defeated as anyone. The following were my scores leading up to the actual COMLEX exam.

12/26/2015 – COMSAE C - 457
1/17/2016 – COMSAE A – 520
2/17/2016 – COMSAE B – 500
3/4/2016 – COMSAE E – 564
3/13/2016 – Uworld Assessment 1 - 209
4/15/2016 – NBME 12 – 198
4/29/2016 – NBME 13 – 205
5/21/2016 – NBME 15 – 237
06/03/2016 – Uworld Assessment 2 - 239
06/04/2016 – NBME 18 – 241

Uworld First Pass – 64%
Uworld Second Pass – 78%

COMBANK Second Pass – 75% (Don’t remember 1st pass)

COMLEX: 705

Good luck to everyone!

Did anyone score below 600?? Haha congrats to all those who have posted so far. Amazing scores.

Wondering if DIT + Savarese is enough to be adequately prepared just to pass COMLEX Level 1? Not looking for a great score

Last edited: