Official 2013-2014 Cardiology fellowship application cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hope everyone did well. I'm happy with what I got!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to be a Cardiologist!!!! I had butterflies in my stomach all day! congrats all!

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats everybody!
Some feedback for those still on the go:
Non US IMG, 10+ years grad, currently PGY3 in Big East Coast City small community program, Scores 99X3, pubs: 2 case reports and one paper, ranked 7 progs (all middle to low tier), matched in my choice#6.
Difficult but never impossible.
Best of Lucks to those still struggling their way in!!

Congrats everybody!
Some feedback for those still on the go:
Non US IMG, 10+ years grad, currently PGY3 in Big East Coast City small community program, Scores 99X3, pubs: 2 case reports and one paper, ranked 7 progs (all middle to low tier), matched in my choice#6.
Difficult but never impossible.
Best of Lucks to those still struggling their way in!!

For an IMG what are the most important things in helping you to match?
Do you feel that your case reports and paper were determinant? What about abstracts?
And what would be your advise to current 2nd year residents. Congrats

For an IMG what are the most important things in helping you to match?
Do you feel that your case reports and paper were determinant? What about abstracts?
And what would be your advise to current 2nd year residents. Congrats
I would say that ( even this not being my case) if u are in a Univ based program or while in a community based one, u have in house cards fellowship, it helps a lot. If in a community based program with no in house cards, do all possible to have cards elective in a Hosp with in house cards. Get acquainted with them, networking , etc.
regarding pubs, case reports and abstract definitely pad up ur CV but the real thing is the papers, even as second or third author.
For current second year residents, if they haven't started to pave their way, they better start right away. Important things: start doin some extra time with ur cards attending so u can secure good LORs from them, the higher their position in the chain of command, the better. Also stay involved in research, even if not published or even finished, put it in ur CV and be ready to discuss it from A to Z.
Last thing and also important. Quite a few invites for interview can come from people making a phone call for u. So stay connected in the social network. U never know who will help u when the time comes.
Most importantly, keep ur self confidence. If others have made it, so can u :):)
Good Luck!!