Official 2007 USMLE Step 1 Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meshuggener

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't have anything to report, but can you folks please start sharing your NBME/QBank, etc. etc. plus real deal scores so we can see the comparisons!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't have anything to report, but can you folks please start sharing your NBME/QBank, etc. etc. plus real deal scores so we can see the comparisons!

Thanks!

People have been doing this already in the 2007 Usmle STep 1 Experiences thread.

Those of you who posted your test-day experience, go ahead and put your score up in that thread too...

Just got my score from the registrar's office:

Stats:
Form 2- 224
Form 4- 230
Form 1- 242
Form 3- 245 (3 days before exam)

UW: 73%; 100% completed
Kaplan Q bank: 69%; only did 50% of it, which was early on in studying

Step 1: 250/99

Way above anything I was hoping to get. Good luck to everyone!!!!!!

Stats:
Form 4- 230 (6 weeks before exam)
Form 1- 245 (4 weeks before exam)
Form 3- 253 (2 weeks before exam)
Form 2- 256 (5 days before exam)

Step 1: 255/99

Goal was 240+, so can't complain...will post my studying experience soon...ship it...holla

Members don't see this ad :)
NBME 2: 220 (2 months out)
NBME 3: 215 (8 weeks out - wtf??!)
NBME 4: 244 (3 weeks out)
Practice 150: 86/251 (3 weeks out)
NBME 1: 251 (1 week out)

249/99
I'm pretty bummed I didnt break 250. Made a bunch of careless errors and I really got nervous during my prep. I'll post my "experiences/method" later.

Congrats to everyone.

NBME 1: 226 (about 3 weeks out)
NBME 2: 228 (about 2 weeks out)

qbank total avg: 60% (early in studying)
USMLEWORLD final 300 q's: 70% (at the very end of studying)

goal step 1: >230
actual step 1: 236/99

i'm just an MS1 but I just wanted to congratulate all of you on your amazing scores! wow!

Step 1 score: 256 YAY!!!!!!!!
(Goal: 240+)

Free NBME Practice Qs: 93%
NBME Form 2: 252
NBME Form 3: 263
Kaplan QBank: 74% (100% completed)

ok...seriously...within the limits of e-penis flaunting, these scores are amazing! Congrats all around. When I grow up I really want to be like y'all. the end.

Didn't think I'd be able to post up here with pride, but great news today!

Form 1: 230
Form 2: 236
Form 3: 232
Form 4: 236

Kaplan QBank: 70% correct, with 14% of questions taken
USMLE World: approximately the same as the Kaplan

USMLE Step 1: 240/99

p.s. My goal was >230, so I'm definitely happy! :hardy:
Best of luck to everyone! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just glad my school let me see my scores today:

QBank- about 75% finished and aroun 75-80%

USMLE 240/99

Was aiming for 230+ so am happy to finally end this chapter of med school.

Ok, Im gonna post my mcat to as encouragement to those who think not so great mcat= not so great Step 1

MCAT = 26

NBME 1 = 206
NBME 2 = 230

Actual Step 1 = 234/98

Good Luck to everybody!

Wow! There are so many overachievers here on this forum. All the scores posted above are the tops. Just goes to show you that the advice here in the forums is legit. I used advice I found here, and feel like that alone helped in raising my score a bunch. I found out about UW from the forum here about 3 weeks before my exam and feel like that advice alone raised my score 8-10 points. Anyway, just got my score back today.

MCAT- 27
NBME free practice questions (2.5 weeks out)- 83% correct
NBME test 4 (two weeks out)- 232
NBME test 3 (one week out)- 242
UW (100% completed)- 70%
Kaplan (35% completed)- 68%
What I was hoping for- 235
Step 1 score- 248

Congrats to all those who finished and good luck to all those taking the exam.

for those who feel dumb after MCAT...

MCAT: 23

USMLE: 258

you can turn it around!

K, here's my stats...

NBME #1 = 228 equivalent
NBME #2 = 244 equivalent

Qbank average, completed 100% = 66%

Step 1 score = 234

Goal was 230+, I'm thrilled.

Qbank estimated: 192 (60% correct week before the test)
Free Q's estimate: 254
NBME Form 3 estimate: 228
Real Deal: 241

Summary: Qbank is a waste of time and money!

this is ******ed. my freaking rotation lets me out so late that the registrar's office was closed when i got there. ugh. im gonna try to sneak out tomorrow and get my score.

on a side note, I'm kind of pissed that our dean's office/registrar didn't so much as email/page any of the MS3's to let us know that they had received our scores, and many in our class are unaware that scores were released today. Thanks a lot. :thumbdown:

NBME 2: 253
NBME 3: 254
NBME 4: 253

Step: 260 - thrilled:love:

I just wanted to make the point that the NBME exams have some prognostic value.

NBME #2 (April) - 204
NBME #4 (1 week before) - 228

Step 1 score - 241

Goal was 230. I'm mad happy.

Does anyone know where I can find a correlation from the three digit score to my two digit score. My school only gave me my 3 digit score. Thanks

Good f---ing lord you guys are all superstars. Congrats to all of you guys for some killer scores. For those of us that are mere mortals.

MCAT: 29 ... I don't remember the letter
NBME2: 240
Step 1: 236/99

Yeehaw! Couldn't be happier. Yea I feel a little small next to some of these SDN giants, but I'm sitting pretty with my score. Congratulations to everyone!

Does anyone know where I can find a correlation from the three digit score to my two digit score. My school only gave me my 3 digit score. Thanks

From the scores above it appears that 234 gets you a 98 and >235 gets you a 99. I think the 2 digit score is a little worthless. >=75 is passing. That's all you need to know.

Wow the SDN folks scored high! (at least those who decided to post their scores) Here's the break down.

2 weeks in: NBME form 2: 202

MCAT 27

COMLEX: 586/88
USMLE: 230/96

This was way beyond my expectations! I was thinking I only got like a 215 or so. Congrats to all, now it's time for beers (or other fine alcoholic beverages)!!! :thumbup:

150 practice questions: 85%
NBME form 1: 247
NBME form 2: 244
NBME form 3: 240
completed UW: 73% (close to 80% near the end)

goal: 230+
actual Step 1: 249/99

sidenote: i felt pretty horrible after the test. just remember that you are more likely than not to be close to your predicted nbme scores.

oh yeah, and congrats to all you Step 1 heavy hitters.

Congrats to everyone here!!

NBME form 2= 258
NBME form 3= 252

NBME free 150 questions with tutorial= 93%

Step 1 = 257

I'm fricken' stoked.

how do i get my score???!!! I went to NBME website and logged in but i didn't see any score report, only options for requesting new scores. PLEASE HELP ME!!

how do i get my score???!!! I went to NBME website and logged in but i didn't see any score report, only options for requesting new scores. PLEASE HELP ME!!

You wait for the USPS to deliver it to your mailbox. There are like 58.32 threads here complaining that we can't check online (only if the report's been sent). Some school's will tell you the score, some won't.

Interesting that the scores numerical appear lower this year than in recent years, did anyone catch a national average or standard deviation for this year? A lower three digit score resulted in a 99 2 digit score than in past years...(I think 2 digits are better for comparison between years in terms of the way they figure it out.)

That's awesome you guys did so well on the boards. I'm looking forward to reading your strategies since I'm starting my MS-II next month.

for those who feel dumb after MCAT...

MCAT: 23

USMLE: 258

you can turn it around!

WOW! Thats pretty amazing. Im also one of those people with a low MCAT that made me feel ******ed (24). I was working on redeeming myself by pulling off the Biggest turn around on SDN this year. I havnt even got my score yet but Im pretty sure you Win.
Congrats on the BIG score.

Next to my parents and older sister you are my new hero.
Hahaha that is a big compliment from Mikie! Congrats by the way : )

So, it's my turn, finally:

MCAT 30P
I did 91% of qbank (averaging ~74% by the end) and the kaplan (qbank) 8 hour online simulated exam.

NBME form 1 (right after finals): 214
NBME form 2 (week later): 232
NBME form 3 (2 weeks later): 234
NBME form 4 (4 days before the test): 236

My full book list:
FA
BRS Path
BRS Phys
Micro Made Ridiculously Simple
HY Anatomy (should've learned this better)
HY Neuro (skimmed it, but I knew this stuff pretty well)
HY Histo (spent an evening looking at the slides in the back)
FA cases (skimmed it)

Step 1: 241/99!!

USMLEWorld: 79% (98% complete)
Qbank: 73% (~50% complete)
no nbme forms

Step 1: 261/99

Didn't think I'd be able to post up here with pride, but great news today!

Form 1: 230
Form 2: 236
Form 3: 232
Form 4: 236

Kaplan QBank: 70% correct, with 14% of questions taken
USMLE World: approximately the same as the Kaplan

USMLE Step 1: 240/99

p.s. My goal was >230, so I'm definitely happy! :hardy:
Best of luck to everyone! :thumbup:

congratulations old friend :)

geeze, from this thread i'm glad I'm '08. scores are insane!

Got my scores emailed to me.

NBME 1: 215
NBME 3: 228
NBME 2: 236
Kaplan Qbank 30% completed @ 70% correct
STEP 1: 235

Wanted a 230+ Very very excited.

Well I am the low end of the sdn step scores but I will post anyways

Studied for 3+ weeks
USMLE World 70s (started out in the mid 60s and ended in the mid 70s)
NBME 3 236 (taken 10 days out)
Free 150 Q 89% (taken 3 days out)

Step 1 240
My goal was 240+ so I guess I met it but I feel like I underpreformed since I only increased 4 points from NBME with 10 additional days of studying.

Happy happy!

USMLEWorld: 79% (63% complete, I got sick of doing them)
NBME 1: 246 (2.5 weeks before)
Free 150 Q's: 268 (1 week before)

Step 1: 269

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee

never posted here, although ive been reading since college. my school gave me my score today.

mcat-37

usmle and kaplan averages were around 67-70 percent (and actually did worse close to the test

nbme form 4-232 (ten days before)

step 1- 250 (unless my school is playing some cruel joke)

i just wanted a 230, so this blew my mind. i am mainly contributing now because i want to make clear that when i walked out of the test i was convinced i bombed it. i guessed so many times its ridiculous. but then i wound up doing well so if youve taken it and feel horrible, DONT WORRY, curves are a wonderful thing, you never know. plus my step prep grades werent anything great, so dont stress overly about those either.

Was running 60%-ish on Qbank, which predicted a sub-200 score. NBME predicted 220s. USMLE practice test predicted 240. MCAT 36.

Step 1 230

I am neither happy nor sad.

Here's my story:
3.18 GPA, 32 MCAT, rejected from every allopathic school 2 years in a row, finally got into one on my third try. Slacked off first year, studied a lot second year, only honored one course. I didn't go to class at all during second year to concentrate on boards material. It payed off.

NBME 1 (2 months out): 228
NBME 3 (3 weeks out): 232
NBME 4 (1 week out): 245
Free 150: 91%

Studied for 3 weeks using the usual stuff (First Aid, old HY c&m, RR path, Robbins Q book, BRS phys).

Goal: 240

Actual: 259

I can't believe it! :D Actually, I won't believe it until I get it in the mail. I had no business getting a score like that. There was definitely some luck involved.

free exam: 67% 1 week before real exam
100% QBank 65%
100% USMLEworld 70%

Step 1 : 222 (no idea what the 2 digit score is)

People here will probably think I'm crazy when I say I'm happy with my score, but I seriously seriously seriously thought I failed this exam. Proof: i still have ALL my Step 1 review materials , i.e. haven't sold a single book.
Not to mention I'm a pretty mediocre student, so anything over the national average (even brushingly so), I'm darn happy. I had lobster tonight!!