October 17 PCAT results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hookem22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I 've been following this forum for quite some time now but I finally decided to make it official and join. I was sent an unofficial score report. I wasn't expecting to see my scores so soon. Here is the stats

Writing scores: Convention of Language Score 3.0 and mean 2.78; Problem Solving Score 3.0 and mean 2.80
Verbal Ability: 86
Biology: 84
Reading Comprehension: 28
Quantitative Ability: 91
Chemistry: 77
Composite: 80

I am very shocked and very happy. I have a very difficult time with standardize test so this is amazing for me. This is my second time taking the PCAT. The first time I didnt prepare well and ended up no scoring it. I was just hoping for a 70 so this a pleasant surprise. And I thought I bombed the math part ...strange it was my highest score. I dont understand my writing scores. Can anyone help me out? It had a number for score and mean...which one is my real score? Im also surprised about my reading comprehension score because I thought that would be my highest score. That's my strongest subject...very confused. For the amount of studying I did, Im satisfied. I studied for 2 months.Thank you Dr. Collins. I recommend that to everyone! Dont just memorize the answer but really study it and learn why the wrong answers are wrong because the PCAT tries to trick you. How did everyone else do? I hope well!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
yo sup bros i just git mah score bak and I wus stunned baby:

Verbal: 70
Biology: 97
Reading:99
Math: 98
Chem: 99
Composite: 99

Writing: 1,1

hell bros do i hv to retake dis **** again for teh writing??? :(

Yeah bro considering ya can't even spell yo own name bro
Otherwise, congrats on outstanding scores.

Is there anyone who want to sell Kaplan's text books that comes with $1000 class. i don't want to take the class, just the books.

I'm pretty sure that's just the blue book that everyone talks about- just go to chapters or a local bookstore or something.

Members don't see this ad :)
yo sup bros i just git mah score bak and I wus stunned baby:

Verbal: 70
Biology: 97
Reading:99
Math: 98
Chem: 99
Composite: 99

Writing: 1,1

hell bros do i hv to retake dis **** again for teh writing??? :(

Wow, congrats on the superb score. It's quite odd that you did well in RC and Verbal, but can't even spell your name.

You definitely have to take it again, IMO.

I'm pretty sure that's just the blue book that everyone talks about- just go to chapters or a local bookstore or something.

I just took the Kaplan course. It is not just the blue book at the bookstores. There are several books that go in more depth. Sorry, I'm not selling mine, I might still need them! Good luck!

Is there anyone who want to sell Kaplan's text books that comes with $1000 class. i don't want to take the class, just the books.
My friend who took the $1000 class gave me the books. It consists of 3 books and a huge stack of flash cards for each section. Im planning to use it for the January PCAT, and study during the break :). The 3 books in the package are "Math & Verbal" , "Lesson Book", and "Science & Quant". I believe these books will help me along with the material I've learned in the 1st semester. I think im pretty set, I just need to touch up on the verbal, and learn some orgo chem..... I need to time myself, does anyone know the timing of the real pcat? And what sections come first?

EDIT:

Found this posted by 'bryantvo'

1. Writing (30 Minutes) 1 Writing Topic

Conventions of Language
Problem Solving

2. Verbal Ability (30 Minutes) 48 Items
Analogies 60%
Sentence Completion 40%

3. Biology (30 Minutes) 48 Items
General Biology 60%
Microbiology 20%
Anatomy & Physiology 20%

4. Chemistry (30 Minutes) 48 Items
General Chemistry 60%
Organic Chemistry 40%

Rest Break
5. Writing (30 Minutes) 1 Writing Topic
Conventions of Language
Problem Solving

6. Reading Comprehension (50 Minutes) 6 Passages & 48 Items
Comprehension 30%
Analysis 40%
Evaluation 30%

7. Quantitative Ability (40 Minutes) 48 Items
Basic Math 15%
Algebra 20%
Probability & Statistics 20%
Precalculus 22%

Calculus 22%

Ohh man,
Man did i flunk the pcat, i have a composite score of 27. That is horrible. For now i will apply to schools that dont require pcat and if i dont get accepted, i will retake it in Aug or Oct next year and reapply for fall 2011. I studied for four weeks and i still failed terribly. I have Bachelors Degree in Chemistry and I currently work as an Research and Development/Analytical Chemist for a Medical Device company in Minneapolis. The company makes drug coated balloons for angioplasties. Its a very decent job but my real passion is to be a pharmacist. There is no need for me to rush and retake the PCAT in january because it wont be used for the 2010 intake.
The reason i flunked the pcat was because i focused my studies on the advanced stuff like O chem and the higher stuff. I found out it was just about the basics and the fundamentals.
Bye for now pharmacy aspirants>>