October 17 PCAT results

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hookem22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I 've been following this forum for quite some time now but I finally decided to make it official and join. I was sent an unofficial score report. I wasn't expecting to see my scores so soon. Here is the stats

Writing scores: Convention of Language Score 3.0 and mean 2.78; Problem Solving Score 3.0 and mean 2.80
Verbal Ability: 86
Biology: 84
Reading Comprehension: 28
Quantitative Ability: 91
Chemistry: 77
Composite: 80

I am very shocked and very happy. I have a very difficult time with standardize test so this is amazing for me. This is my second time taking the PCAT. The first time I didnt prepare well and ended up no scoring it. I was just hoping for a 70 so this a pleasant surprise. And I thought I bombed the math part ...strange it was my highest score. I dont understand my writing scores. Can anyone help me out? It had a number for score and mean...which one is my real score? Im also surprised about my reading comprehension score because I thought that would be my highest score. That's my strongest subject...very confused. For the amount of studying I did, Im satisfied. I studied for 2 months.Thank you Dr. Collins. I recommend that to everyone! Dont just memorize the answer but really study it and learn why the wrong answers are wrong because the PCAT tries to trick you. How did everyone else do? I hope well!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
what do you mean unofficial score report? so you mean you recieved it in the mail. You must live in Texas if you recieved it so fast.

Got my scores this afternoon.
verbal 73
biology 94
reading comp 43 :(
quant 78
chemistry 64
composite 77

I have to say that I am definitely satisfied with my scores considering my last score was 31!!! (Obviously I didn't study for it the first time and it showed.) I still don't understand the reading comp section though. I thought I did fairly well, but I guess I was wrong.

btw- live in austin, tx

Last edited:
Yes it said it was an unofficial score report that I got in the mail. I wasn't expecting it. I live in Austin, TX as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my scores this afternoon.
verbal 73
biology 94
reading comp 43 :(
quant 78
chemistry 64
composite 77

I have to say that I am definitely satisfied with my scores considering my last score was 31!!! (Obviously I didn't study for it the first time and it showed.) I still don't understand the reading comp section though. I thought I did fairly well, but I guess I was wrong.

btw- live in austin, tx
Austin, no way~~~~~

Somebody, shed the light! What exactly are unofficial scores and why are sending those out?

Somebody, shed the light! What exactly are unofficial scores and why are sending those out?

I think it's just wording .... "unofficial" because ... well, I dunno why they'd phrase it that way. Maybe because we can't use it to send to schools? ie. an "official transcript" is one sent directly from your school.

I think what they are getting - these "unofficial score reports" - is what everyone is waiting for. Just a day or two!!!:xf::xf::xf:

Every single score they mail out to people in their homes are labeled "unofficial." My presumption is they do this so that it cannot be sent directly to a school as authentic.

For all intents and purposes, these are your scores, aren't subject to change, and the same one pharmacy schools will see.

WT?!!! why didn't I move to Texas?! Geeeeze....So you guys got it in the mail b4 they even post it on the website?!

It'll probably take a few extra days for it to get to Georgia....cross fingers and hope I'll get it b4 Friday!!!:xf:

I'm sorry, but this may be some kind of prank. First, I never heard of anyone getting their grades this early. Second, I doubt pearson would pass up the chance to make extra money. Last, the people who say they have their grades have a few post.

I don't want to call anyone a lier, but if this is a hoax you need to grow up.

First time taking, composite 80%, writing 3.0 on both. I also live in Austin, TX and go to UT. I'm not too satisfied with it, but kinda expected it. That chemistry section killed me--68%. I'm not exaggerating when I say I skipped about 10 questions. And half the ones I answered I was unsure about. I think half of the questions altogether I've never learned. I bought the Kaplan book for like 45 dollars and never took the practice test at the end, and only read like half the review hahaha. God I have such a terrible study habit.

Does anyone know how good an 80% is? It seems like the people who posted are content, but I'm still scared. I don't want to go anywhere but UT because I don't want to move, and my girlfriend in Berkeley is transferring here for graduate school. My family lives here and I love this city...it's been good to me. If I have to go somewhere else, I'd drive to Austin every weekend. I'm spilling my guts here. I loaded myself up with coffee and sudafed to keep me up so I can write this medical ethics paper hahahah.

Members don't see this ad :)
The hard copy score report you get in the mail will have:

THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT

along the bottom of the letter.

But still, why would Austin start getting theirs in the mail before SA, before the online report? That seems strange...

does it have anything to do with the mail getting to the capital first before distributing?

I'm sorry, but this may be some kind of prank. First, I never heard of anyone getting their grades this early. Second, I doubt pearson would pass up the chance to make extra money. Last, the people who say they have their grades have a few post.

I don't want to call anyone a lier, but if this is a hoax you need to grow up.

It's not a prank. Is it legal to post a scan of my score report? I'd do it and white out some personal information. Hasn't it been like 5 weeks already? I thought the score report time frame is 4-6 weeks.

But still, why would Austin start getting theirs in the mail before SA, before the online report? That seems strange...

Yes, it does say "THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT." And who knows why Austin got it first? Can't you people just be happy for us that we got it?

That is what I am thinking. Bulverde is on the other side of town so I can't see why someone else would receive it before San Antonio. :confused:

It's not a prank. Is it legal to post a scan of my score report? I'd do it and white out some personal information. Hasn't it been like 5 weeks already? I thought the score report time frame is 4-6 weeks.

Sorry to sound skeptical, but can you post the scan. There's no rule against that.

Yes, it does say "THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT." And who knows why Austin got it first? Can't you people just be happy for us that we got it?

I don't have a problem if people did get them early. I took the test in June and got a good score. I just don't think it's fair for people to toy with other people emotions. If you have the scores and you made a good composite score I offer you my congrats, and apology; however, if this is just a prank then please find something better to do with your time.

I don't have a problem if people did get them early. I took the test in June and got a good score. I just don't think it's fair for people to toy with other people emotions. If you have the scores and you made a good composite score I offer you my congrats, and apology; however, if this is just a prank then please find something better to do with your time.

yeah it sounds like we're all in Austin. I mean the ones who got their scores. Also, I don't know if an 80 is good or not lol. I'm still scared about getting into schools with that score. I wonder how much experience plays. I have over 500 hours of tech experience in the last 4 or 5 months.

Ugh this might take a while. My scanner keeps scanning different parts of my page as different scan files. Anyone know how to use a Microsoft program to just scan the whole thing as 1 scan?

I hope I get my scores tomorrow! I live in El Paso, tx!! :xf: Howcome' their still not available on the personal score report? Ugh pearson so weird!! :rolleyes:

yeah i dont know why pearson hasnt put them up, i'm waiting to order them because i am currently not in my permanant home

I offer my sincere apology and thanks for taking the time to post the scan for a skeptic like myself...:thumbup:

yeah don't worry about it. sorry for being so defensive. i'm having girlfriend problems, and there's a lot of **** due in school, and i'm freaking out about my score, and tomorrow midnight is my birthday. Everything's just hitting me at once. And I had a really strong cigarette high and I'm slightly drunk, hahah. I had some beers at a bar I ate a snack at then went to Barnes and Noble and got a coffee while drunk and wrote an essay on the ethics of patient consent to research.

verbal : 416 -- 73%
biology : 421 -- 80%
reading : 414 -- 68%
quantitative : 434 -- 88%
chemistry : 415 -- 68%

composite : 420 -- 80%

writing 3/3

how does this look to you guys? I'm applying to Texas schools as a Texas resident with a 3.32 gpa, 130 hours volunteering in a hospital, and about 600 hours pharmacy technician experience. One of my pharmacists really likes me and is going to write a badass letter of recommendation, or so he says. I'll be graduating next semester with a BS in Human Biology. I really want to stay in UT, but looks like their average accepted gpa is 3.4-3.6 and I think pcat scores are 80%. Does it help to have experience, a degree, and extra classes like medical ethics? I don't know if they look at transcripts with that much detail. Also, anyone think I'll have trouble getting into at least one pharmacy school in Texas?

verbal : 416 -- 73%
biology : 421 -- 80%
reading : 414 -- 68%
quantitative : 434 -- 88%
chemistry : 415 -- 68%

composite : 420 -- 80%

writing 3/3

how does this look to you guys? I'm applying to Texas schools as a Texas resident with a 3.32 gpa, 130 hours volunteering in a hospital, and about 600 hours pharmacy technician experience. One of my pharmacists really likes me and is going to write a badass letter of recommendation, or so he says. I'll be graduating next semester with a BS in Human Biology. I really want to stay in UT, but looks like their average accepted gpa is 3.4-3.6 and I think pcat scores are 80%. Does it help to have experience, a degree, and extra classes like medical ethics? I don't know if they look at transcripts with that much detail. Also, anyone think I'll have trouble getting into at least one pharmacy school in Texas?

Congrats. Your stats seem pretty solid to me. Good luck.

anyone else really pissed off that only a couple dozen people received their scores while the other tens of thousands of us are drivin to insanity?

additionally, I have an interview at USC this Saturday the 21st...anyone else going to be there?

anyone else really pissed off that only a couple dozen people received their scores while the other tens of thousands of us are drivin to insanity?

additionally, I have an interview at USC this Saturday the 21st...anyone else going to be there?

haha yeah i know right? I wonder why Austin was the first city.

also...LOL wtf I got an 88 in math? I skipped like 7 questions in that. I must have gotten everything else right or everyone else also did really awful on it. I wonder how well I would have done if I had studied. I feel like I bought this 45 dollar Kaplan book for nothing.

There might be a good amount more that have received their scores but it's well understood that the higher you scored, the more inclined you're willing to share your scores.

I live in FL so I'll be glad if my score reaches me by Saturday. This is one of the few times I'm glad tax payer money funds the post office 6 days a week! :laugh:

There might be a good amount more that have received their scores but it's well understood that the higher you scored, the more inclined you're willing to share your scores.

I live in FL so I'll be glad if my score reaches me by Saturday. This is one of the few times I'm glad tax payer money funds the post office 6 days a week! :laugh:

:laugh:

man it's internet, no one knows who you are. I thought I scored low and posted to see people's opinions.

I find it funny that dahopeful thought it was a joke. Why would I waste my time to do that? You shouldnt have scanned anything...let dahopeful complain...who cares if we happen to get it early, you all will get yours eventually. just be patient.

I find it funny that dahopeful thought it was a joke. Why would I waste my time to do that? You shouldnt have scanned anything...let dahopeful complain...who cares if we happen to get it early, you all will get yours eventually. just be patient.

Should've, could've, would've... What's funny is you logging back on telling a grown man what he should've done (are you his daddy, awwww). Sorry, but this is the internet, and sadly there are twisted people who would get a kick out of doing some thing like that. The best way to shut up a skeptic is to show proof. He did just that and I respect him for doing that. I would respect if you would ignore me instead of telling grown-ups how to fight their battles.

I live in Houston and still no scores. Maybe this weekend?! I'm kind of nervous.....:scared: I didn't do well the first 2 times I took it and this time I took the Kaplan course. Hopefully it worked!

yeah don't worry about it. sorry for being so defensive. i'm having girlfriend problems, and there's a lot of **** due in school, and i'm freaking out about my score, and tomorrow midnight is my birthday. Everything's just hitting me at once. And I had a really strong cigarette high and I'm slightly drunk, hahah. I had some beers at a bar I ate a snack at then went to Barnes and Noble and got a coffee while drunk and wrote an essay on the ethics of patient consent to research.

I understand. When it rains it pours. Things will get better. Congrats on the pcat score too. You are solid

I had a good laugh...that first essay, if anyone had the same one I did, was pretty much the same, word for word, as one of the essay questions on my medical ethics test the day before.

Scores are online!

Compsite: 79
Quant:61
Bio:71
Chem:85
RC:55
Verbal:89

Im so happy! I literally studied for two weeks with kaplan and barrons! Good luck to all!

omg just checked my score online. SOOO happy

verbal 78
bio 76
reading 90
math 61
chem 93
composite 86

even better than I thought, I was hoping to improve my 73 to an 80. Yay. I'm at work right now and I want to jump up and down. :D

Also, is this your first, second, third,... time taking the test?? and do you mind sharing your major study skill???

Yay!!! I got my scores online this morning! I am super happy, this was my first time taking it! I am so relieved that I don't have to take it again =]

Verbal: 99
Biology: 88
Reading:93
Math: 98
Chem: 93
Composite: 98

Writing: 3,3

=]