General Admissions & OTCAS Occupational Therapy 2021-2022 cycle graduate school application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nothing from Jacksonville which is weird because I thought they were rolling.
I looked on OTCAS and saw it says there's a priority deadline interview on January 29th and then another on March 26th. So I would guess the people for the first interview would hear back in early January but Im not sure.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know about anyone else that interviewed for TWU 2022 Cohort?
Yes join this group. I’m Madison btw You're invited to my new group 'Texas OT school admissions 21-22' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Hi @Liddo! I agree with the above comment, I have no doubt that USC will receive their accreditation.

Personally, I'm stuck because CSUDH's price tag straight up cannot be beat. I don't want my future self to be regretful choosing a ridiculous amount of debt for a different school, especially because I'm low-income. But the reason I want to keep my option open to USC is because
1) I'd like to stay close to home and commute and 2) I want to practice in LA and USC has many partnerships with local organizations i'd specifically like to gain experience under 3) I'm considering research/policy so an OTD would be ideal. It's difficult knowing how heavily decisions revolve around money.. :/
Hey @otschoopls! With the deadline to pay the seat deposit coming up I was just wondering if you decided on going to CSUDH or not.

has anyone heard anything from OSU?
Not since they emailed about potential interview dates. I emailed they said invites for December candidates day is ongoing.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
University: University of Tampa

Major: Allied Health, Concentration in occupational therapy sciences

Overall GPA: 3.3

Prereq GPA: depends on the school

GRE: Did not take

Letters of rec: 2 occupational therapists, 2 professors, and 1 club advisor

# of observation hours: 120 hours from 4 diff settings: pediatrics, geriatrics, & 2 hand therapy combined

Involvement: president and founder of club on campus, secretary of best buddies, apart of the PT/OT society, tpe peer mentor, fye peer mentor and had a job off campus

Applied: Rutgers, Tufts, OSU, Midwestern IL, UW-Madison, drakke, Chatham, Gannon (Ruskin) Yeshiva, Quinnipiac, USAHS-Miami
Interviews: UW-Madison, Drake, Chatham, Gannon (Ruskin, FL)
Acceptances: Yeshiva, Quinnipiac & USAHS Miami
Waitlists:
Rejections:
How long was your turn around time with Yeshiva? I interviewed with them about a week and a half ago but I know with the holidays things can get a little backed up!

Has anyone applied or planning on attending west coast university’s program?

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone applied or planning on attending west coast university’s program?
Hey! I applied and was admitted for Spring 2022 and I plan on attending!

Has anyone heard anything from any other schools recently?
I have a deadline for Belmont to submit a deposit but because of the cost/small size of the school, they're not my top school! I've asked for one more extension but I've already gotten one so

Major: Health Sciences
Minor: Pre-OT
Overall GPA: 3.61
Pre-Req GPA: 3.8
GRE: did not take
Letters of recommendation: OT, previous employer, professor, and a mother of a special needs child I was a mentor for

Extra-Curriculars: Member of a sorority, Occupational Therapy Club, Club Gymnastics, Best Buddies

Volunteering: Summer long volunteer at Pediatric OT clinic

Shadow Hours: 40 total, pediatrics and hand therapy

Employment: Multiple nanny positions, Medical Record Data Entry, Tutor

Certifications: CPR/First Aid, HIPAA certification

Applied to: VCU, UNC, Radford, Towson, Shenandoah University, JMU (no interviews), Maryville University (no interviews)

Interviews: Radford, Towson, Shenandoah University, VCU

Acceptances: JMU (1/12)

Rejections:

Waitlist:

Last edited:
Overall GPA: 3.56
Last 60
credit GPA: 3.8
GRE:
did not take
Letters of recommendation: OT, previous employer, professor, and a mother of a special needs child I was a mentor for.

Extra-Curriculars: Member of a sorority, Occupational Therapy Club, Club Gymnastics, Best Buddies

Shadow Hours: Multiple nanny positions and Medical Record Data Entry

Applied to: VCU, JMU, Radford, Towson, Shenandoah University, Maryville University

Still need to submit my application for: UNC, Lenior-Rhyne

Interviews: Radford, Towson, Shenandoah University

Acceptances:

Rejections:

Waitlist:
When did you hear back from Radford? I applied back in September but I haven't heard anything yet.

Last 60
GRE:
did not take
Letters of recommendation: OT, previous employer, professor, and a mother of a special needs child I was a mentor for.

Applied to: VCU, JMU, Radford, Towson, Shenandoah University, Maryville University

Acceptances:

Rejections:

Waitlist:
Did you apply to Shannandoah MOT or OTD? I applied august and still haven’t heard.

I currently saved my seat at Wingate University I was wondering if anyone else has or has anyone heard anything about their program?

Last 60
GRE:
did not take

Acceptances:

Rejections:

Waitlist:
hi! I am a current student at Shenandoah's OTD program. if you have any questions about anything i'd be more than happy to help!

hi! I am a current student at Shenandoah's OTD program. if you have any questions about anything i'd be more than happy to help!
Hi! Can you give me any insight into the interview process? Can you interview in person or is virtual preferred? Also, I am confused about the group part of the interviews. Is it just a bunch of people talking over each other to try and stand out?

has anyone applied to FIU, Gannon, University of Florida, Barry University, East Tennessee University, Jacksonville University, Adventhealth University or St Augustine? Haven't heard back from them, and I applied 2 weeks ago.
Let me know!!

I looked on OTCAS and saw it says there's a priority deadline interview on January 29th and then another on March 26th. So I would guess the people for the first interview would hear back in early January but Im not sure.
I applied to Jacksonville like last week. Haven't heard back from them yet. I know they are rolling so does that mean we should hear back soon?

Hi! Can you give me any insight into the interview process? Can you interview in person or is virtual preferred? Also, I am confused about the group part of the interviews. Is it just a bunch of people talking over each other to try and stand out?
hi! i'm going to send you a message with any info that might be helpful!

has anyone applied to FIU, Gannon, University of Florida, Barry University, East Tennessee University, Jacksonville University, Adventhealth University or St Augustine? Haven't heard back from them, and I applied 2 weeks ago.
Let me know!!
Hey! I applied to East Tennessee, and the program director said that they wouldn't be sending out interview invites until either January or February.

Let me know!!
I applied to the Univ of Fl, haven't heard back yet tho

When did you hear back from Radford? I applied back in September but I haven't heard anything yet.
I had my interview today and they offered me an interview on 11/18. They did say today that this was only the first round of interviews and they will be offering more in January.

Let me know!!
I got into Gannon and USAHS

University: University of Michigan
Major: Movement Science (Minors: EDU and Spanish)
Overall GPA: 3.8
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 160 Verbal, 163 Quant (323 Total) , 6.0 Writing
Letters of rec came from: supervisor at work, professor/research lab director, and OT mentor
Experience: Volunteer at Pediatric Play Facility, Internship at Adult Job Placement Facility, Nanny for child with Autism, Chemistry Tutor, Chemistry Tutoring Program Director, Worked in HIV/AIDs clinic for children in South Africa VP of Philanthropy and Chapter President for my sorority, 3 years in two research labs focused on childhood developmental health and motor skills in pediatric disablities, Adaptive Sports summer intern, Registered Behavior Technician, participated in USC Summer OT immersion
Observation hours: 80 Peds, 20 Geriatric

Applied: Belmont, USC (California), Boston U, Tufts U, Wisconsin-Madison, Wash U St. Louis, Western Michigan
Interviews: Belmont (9/25), Wisconsin, Boston U (10/29)
Acceptances: Belmont (10/1)
Waitlists:
Rejections:
I also interviewed with Boston U! Have you heard anything back yet?

University: California State University, Channel Islands
Major: Psychology
Cumulative GPA: 2.87
Pre-Req GPA: 3.4-3.6 depending on school
GRE: Verbal 148, Quantitative 143, Analytical 4.0 (not the best scores lol)
Letters of rec: 3 OT's, 1 supervisor
Extracurricular/Experience: President of Filipino student association
800 hours as an OT aide hand therapy
3000+ hours at a Neuro Rehab clinic as a clinic assistant in the OT department
Behavioral therapist

Applied: West Coast, Midwestern (Arizona), University St. Augustine (San Marcos), CSUDH, Stanbridge
Interviews: Stanbridge, West Coast University (10/13)
Waitlist: Stanbridge
Acceptances: West Coast University (11/1), University of St. Augustine (San Marcos) (11/2)
Going to attend: West Coast University!

Just wanted to say that it is 100% possible to get into OT school with a lower cumulative GPA! Don't give up!
I got accepted to west coast (MSOT) and university of st. Augustine (OTD) too!! Still deciding though. May I ask why you chose West Coast over University of St. Augustine 😅? I’ve been weighing pros and cons and still can’t decide.