Obamacare is a Complete Failure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
"Your daily work at Lehigh is not so mysterious."

Man, this is easy.
Darling Nikki. Honestly, what does this mean?

Members don't see this ad.

Darling Nikki. Honestly, what does this mean?

It means that apart from appealing to authority you've yet to make any convincing argument that you actually know what you're talking about. Considering that your actual experience of practicing medicine is zero as given by status: pre-med, your opinions are taken for what they're worth, which isn't much. Working as a healthcare consultant doesn't mean you actually know much about anything. Working as a CNA is hardly anything remotely close to practicing medicine. "Working" in a clinic (whatever that means) is hardly equivalent to anything a physician does.

So unless you're prepared to give some examples of why it is your opinion should be valued over any others apart from your dubious appeals to authority, I'm perfectly happy to sit here with smug face and glass of bourbon while not giving your posts much credence.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It means that apart from appealing to authority you've yet to make any convincing argument that you actually know what you're talking about. Considering that your actual experience of practicing medicine is zero as given by status: pre-med, your opinions are taken for what they're worth, which isn't much. Working as a healthcare consultant doesn't mean you actually know much about anything. Working as a CNA is hardly anything remotely close to practicing medicine. "Working" in a clinic (whatever that means) is hardly equivalent to anything a physician does.

So unless you're prepared to give some examples of why it is your opinion should be valued over any others apart from your dubious appeals to authority, I'm perfectly happy to sit here with smug face and glass of bourbon while not giving your posts much credence.
You're silly. You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about, do you? I've worked with physicians for nearly 20 years. The most disappointing thing I've experienced in my short time on this forum is how shallow, thin, and transparent the arguments thrown at me are. You're children who think you've found some shortcut to respect. Have you ever left the country? Seriously volunteered? Experienced other countries health industries? Anything at all besides good ochem grades and a healthy dose of cluelessness?

Well, maybe you could answer that question yourself. Tell me how your lack of experience outside of academia and diapers helps you in medical school.

I think as a former CNA, you would have had more recent experience with diapers.

Not all experience is good experience.

Also, at 42 your prostate is probably bigger [than your brain] so you'll be taking more bathroom breaks while your younger counterparts are still studying.

Reactions: 2 users
No less noble than starting a new SDN account to dive balls deep into an argument and tell us punk med students "how it really is"
This thread is called "Obamacare is a Complete Failure" O'Gravy. Were you expecting an ice cream social? Go join a drum circle.

I think as a former CNA, you would have had more recent experience with diapers.

Not all experience is good experience.

Also, at 42 your prostate is probably bigger [than your brain] so you'll be taking more bathroom breaks while your younger counterparts are still studying.
Geez, man. Maybe leave the comedy to me.

You're silly. You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about, do you? I've worked with physicians for nearly 20 years. The most disappointing thing I've experienced in my short time on this forum is how shallow, thin, and transparent the arguments thrown at me are. You're children who think you've found some shortcut to respect. Have you ever left the country? Seriously volunteered? Experienced other countries health industries? Anything at all besides good ochem grades and a healthy dose of cluelessness?

"Working with physicians" means nothing, my friend. Otherwise we'd be listening to nurses for their sage wisdom on what practicing medicine is like.

Reactions: 4 users

Do you think that, because you are old(er), you might be getting a tad worked up over posts on the Internet?

Speaking of an easier time in medical school, chances are a ton of your classmates will have that same lack of experience that drives you crazy. I sincerely hope it eats at you for four years.

"Working with physicians" means nothing, my friend.
You'd like to think that. You're desperate to believe that, but you know you're wrong. I'm the guy the physicians always hated because they didn't think they should have to answer to anybody, but of course, they did..and do, Darling Nikki.

You'd like to think that. You're desperate to believe that, but you know you're wrong. I'm the guy the physicians always hated because they didn't think they should have to answer to anybody, but of course, they did..and do, Darling Nikki.

I think you're the guy EVERYONE hates, because you're just that guy.

Reactions: 3 users
Do you think that, because you are old(er), you might be getting a tad worked up over posts on the Internet?

Speaking of an easier time in medical school, chances are a ton of your classmates will have that same lack of experience that drives you crazy. I sincerely hope it eats at you for four years.
Ha. And I sincerely hope you love years and years of suburban moms contradicting your big brain with crap they found on blogs.

Members don't see this ad :)

U_mad_troll_gif.gif

Reactions: 6 users
Could you guys be more boring? Is this what I have to look forward to? All I want is a formidable opponent to debate the ACA with, and all I can find here are angry kids that couldn't get a date in high school. I keep pushing and pushing and hoping you'll up your game, but no. Maybe I'm expecting too much from today's medical students.

Ha. And I sincerely hope you love years and years of suburban moms contradicting your big brain with crap they found on blogs.

I'm sure if any of them are your ex wives, we will get along just fine.

Reactions: 1 users
Wanna hear the worlds biggest joke?

Obamacare dental plans. Lol

The dentists are waaaaay more organized than us.
The ADA has kept out midlevels (hygienists ,etc) for the most part.
They have kept out Medicare and this Ocare crap too.
We have a lot to learn from them.

:shrug: Not my fight since I'm dodging the market anyways I guess. I can't afford the >80k (on average) in billing costs taking insurance and setting up a Medicare compliant EMR would cost me while being able to stay in private practice.

When doctors start opting out of insurance entirely due to poor reimbursements (it hasn't happened yet, but mark my words, there will be a tipping point), it'll be interesting to see how things start to change.

Wait until they say you are not billing correctly and take the money back.
This happens more than you think.

They should make it easier for the layperson. If I was to get insurance, I would be confused with all those options :O

Only we are held to the impossible standards of having informed consents eighth graders can understand.
The govt doesn't hold themselves to that.

As a board certified physician, I am confused by all these options.

Hence my hopefully not taking insurance ever- I want to do cash only psych. Screw all of the insurance headaches, hospital administrators, etc.
The people that need your help have insurance and most can't afford your help unless you accept it. It's the middle man you hate, but for some reason it's the government is what you spend your time talking about.

I think we're back on topic now.

This is a reminder to keep posts courteous, professional, and on topic. Thank you.
The title of the thread is "Obamacare is a Complete Failure". I'm not sure that's an invitation to constructive debate.

The people that need your help have insurance and most can't afford your help unless you accept it. It's the middle man you hate, but for some reason it's the government is what you spend your time talking about.

Over half of psychiatrists are cash only. Psychiatry is literally the most viable specialty in regard to not accepting insurance.

Reactions: 1 user
"Working with physicians" means nothing, my friend. Otherwise we'd be listening to nurses for their sage wisdom on what practicing medicine is like.
Oh, the small people. Do you want to be a physician, or do you just want to call yourself a physician? That's a real question. Think on it.

Over half of psychiatrists are cash only. Psychiatry is literally the most viable specialty in regard to not accepting insurance.
But that does sort of beg the question; is not dealing with insurance why you chose your field?

Or, maybe somebody that worked as a management consultant with insurance companies 15 years and has an MBA with a concentration in health administration from Lehigh and worked as a CNA full time as an undergrad and lived overseas for 3 years working in an ARV clinic and a tuberculosis hospital in Namibia with the Peace Corps and is now has a really good chance of getting into a good medical school after finishing a postbac with a 3.9 because he was bored. OR, maybe he isn't. We're all anonymous here after all. Maybe I'm just a liar.
Ah, someone with a MBA who has never gone to medical school, done a residency, or practiced medicine.

It allllll makes sense now.

Reactions: 1 users
Ah, someone with a MBA who has never gone to medical school, done a residency, or practiced medicine.

It allllll makes sense now.
Right, but I'm going to because I feel like it and I've worked with enough physicians to realize I can.

The title of the thread is "Obamacare is a Complete Failure". I'm not sure that's an invitation to constructive debate.

The title of the thread is an opinion, and it started out professionally until it turned into a back and forth slinging at each other that had nothing to do with the ACA.

This is a reminder to keep posts courteous, professional, and on topic. Thank you.

The title of the thread is an opinion, and it started out professionally until it turned into a back and forth slinging at each other that had nothing to do with the ACA.

Arguing with a mod:
paddling+blackadder.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

Hey guy, honestly it's time to please stop. You're being really toxic to everyone. Your last few bucketfuls of replies have been nothing but argumentative derogatory nothings. Please get back on topic or stop posting.

Well, maybe you could answer that question yourself. Tell me how your lack of experience outside of academia and diapers helps you in medical school.
So u couldn't answer my question? It really was a sincere question. Which of your experiences that you yourself listed, gives you a better handle on medical school than the rest of us who did the traditional route, since you listed a partial AMCAS CV?

Good luck in this upcoming year, 2015-2016, med school app cycle.

But that does sort of beg the question; is not dealing with insurance why you chose your field?
I am interested in Psychiatry for that reason among others and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Less time dealing with insurance is more time with my patients or for my personal life.

Reactions: 3 users

The middleman doesn't work in a vacuum. If Medicare (the government) drops reimbursement for a service, private third party payers follow.

Is there anything wrong with that if that is one of the reasons people choose to do Psychiatry?

The title of the tread is not just an opinion. It is hyperbole and and invitation to this sort of outcome.

The title of the tread is not just an opinion. It is hyperbole and and invitation to this sort of outcome.

I disagree.

If you find that you are unable to participate in an open, professional debate and discussion, perhaps you should reconsider your participation in this thread.

The fact that you all call the Affordable Care Act as Obamacare shows that there is already a fox news/conservative bias clouding people's judgments on the matter. Really its not a failure. Ask the 11 million people who have healthcare today because of the ACA. I really hope you don't call the ACA, Obamacare in your interviews.

The fact that you all call the Affordable Care Act as Obamacare shows that there is already a fox news/conservative bias clouding people's judgments on the matter. Really its not a failure. Ask the 11 million people who have healthcare today because of the ACA. I really hope you don't call the ACA, Obamacare in your interviews.
Weren't Democrats proud to call it Obamacare during the campaign? What changed?

How many of those 11 million people had employer based health insurance but got cancellation notices and had to go to the exchange? Are u counting them as new people who got insurance?

Weren't Democrats proud to call it Obamacare during the campaign? What changed?

How many of those 11 million people had employer based health insurance but got cancellation notices and had to go to the exchange? Are u counting them as new people who got insurance?
Yes I count them