Ob/Gyn 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
sjh said:
i also hear awesome things about portland. they have a weekly resident art class! how cute. extremely family planning friendly.

Hmmm. I am a student at OHSU and I have to say (unfortunately), I don't think that rumour about the weekly art class is true. But you are certainly correct that the program here is awesome and extraordinarily family planning friendly! The residents have great cameraderie (sp?) and every spring there's a roast they call "the Smoker" where they all make fun of each other and the faculty. This is in addition to an annual resident retreat. I haven't heard of any other program that does anything like the smoker. It is a competitive program to get into...but don't fret too much about that. They just want people who really want to go here.

I also have to say that Portland is an awesome city to live in. If you like hiking, biking, jogging, skiing/snowboarding, water sports and/or drinking good beer, this is the place for you!

If you have other questions about the program at OHSU, feel free to email me and I will try to answer as best I can.

Members don't see this ad.

can you tell me about U of M's residency program for Ob/Gyn...my husband works in AA so we are considering the program.

AtYourCervix said:
hey all! 26 y.o. female here. currently m4 at univ of michigan. went to med school to become an ob/gyn, so it feels great to be applying finally!! submitted my app 9/1, got an interview offer from grand rapids/spectrum health program today. :thumbup: good luck to all. :luck: can't wait to hear all the updates.

After reading and enjoying the forum, I've decided to actually join in.
M4 in Kentucky, applying OB/Gyn, exctied and nervous.
Applying mostly midwest, south/southeast and a few northeastern programs.

nice to meet you all!

Hey all, 26yoM from U of KY here. AtYourCervix (creative!), how's U of M? I hear good things, but you know what they say about "what you hear". Any thoughts? Applying to mostly southeast, but a few in the midwest and northeast. Got a few interviews, but looking for more. Just wish some of these schools would figure out who they want to interview. And why are so many on Saturday? Yeah, it's helpful for us traveling and them for not having to take away from clinic time, but there are only so many Saturdays in Dec/Jan. Let the scheduling jumble begin! Good luck all.