Nyu interviews 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey gud luck for ur interview, can anybody please tell they invite for interview only thru phone or even they send it thru mail. bcoz i called up today and I was told that they mailed a letter yesterday just anxious whether it is an rejection or interview letter :confused: Plese reply.

I have an interview on 2nd may same as yours.See u there.

bye[/QUOTE]

Members don't see this ad.

Dent tex said:
Hey gud luck for ur interview, can anybody please tell they invite for interview only thru phone or even they send it thru mail. bcoz i called up today and I was told that they mailed a letter yesterday just anxious whether it is an rejection or interview letter :confused: Plese reply.

I have an interview on 2nd may same as yours.See u there.

bye
[/QUOTE]

hey Dent tex,

dont worry it shud be an interview letter, they send an email as well as an official letter via mail for the interview.

good luck to u, sp78 and me.....hope we all become classmates...

Hi ,

They send an email and a letter both .I dont think they ever call up.You can try asking them by calling them up to see whats ur status and request them to send you an email. Dont worry

Bye

Members don't see this ad :)
damast said:
to all those who are eagerly waiting ....dont panic,.dont loose heart untill u recieve something,n even if u havent recieved an acceptance letter till now dont think that u r rejected.U might be waitlisted or they might want to look through ur application again.dont genralize, each one of ours' situation and application is different.i know its easy to preach..but keep the hopes high.
Hi,
Is there anyone who is interviewed in March and still waiting for decision letter or anyone who is waitlisted.
For how long NDB is valid to apply in NYU 3years or 5 years.
please reply.Thanks

hey guyz,

anybody has got any idea about holidays schedule in NYU. because i gotta make some travel plans to India based on the schedule. plz come out with precise dates. :) any type of info is appreciated

one more question,

Heard a lot about the packet which they will sending to admitted students once they recieve the check of 1000$. can some body who got the mail from them tell as what documents precisely are there. do they give us a ID and pin number so that we can log on and search off campus housing. what else will be included in the packet. kidly reply guys... :)

hai dockydoo,
do u know anyone who has got the rejection letter from nyu?
Ididnt get my letter still. i called them .they told that they have mailed it last week.
I am worried weather it is rejection letter. anyway , waiting for the letter.
do help me. totally depressed.thanks for ur help.

-immunization requirements
MMR and varicella titers,td/dpt vaccination proof taken in last 10 yrs,tb skin test within last 6 months(if +ve then a chest xray also),physical exam,hep b immunization record(if fully immunized then titer)
-afcoe(FINANCIAL SUPPORT DOCUMENT)
-For F1 students already in US a transfer form signed by ur current university
-nyu id
This should be it(felllows if i have missed something pls add)
Yeah i too need to know about their holiday schedule,i looked through their website ,i just could see a 15 day break after dec 16.It would be best to ask some of the current students.
dockydoo said:
one more question,

Heard a lot about the packet which they will sending to admitted students once they recieve the check of 1000$. can some body who got the mail from them tell as what documents precisely are there. do they give us a ID and pin number so that we can log on and search off campus housing. what else will be included in the packet. kidly reply guys... :)

one of my friends recieved a letter yesterday,saying that he has been waitlisted(his nbde 1 89, gpa 2.9)

Nehaa said:
hai dockydoo,
Ididnt get my letter still. i called them .they told that they have mailed it last week.

Hey Nehaa same here. please let me know ASAP you get any info.
Nehaa said:
hai dockydoo,

Nehaa said:
hai dockydoo,

hey nehaa,

don't be depressed. u didn't tell me when u were interviewed. when they send the letter in a week after ur interview, that is an admission letter. 90%. but when u ur interviewed around a month or 2 months back it will be either waitlisting letter or rejection letter. but still a waitlist letter is better than a rejection letter coz' atleast 10-15 percent students might drop out either due to financial problems or various reasons. so stay cool :cool: and just wait. i am sure that u will get thru. gud luk.... :thumbup: :love:

Dent tex said:
Hey Nehaa same here. please let me know ASAP you get any info.
hey dentex,

jsut stay cool. did u call them and find out whether they have sent any letter to you. if they say that they have sent a letter after 1 week after interview mostly it will be admission letter. b'coz they sent ot many people admission letters in the same way. so gud luk.. :thumbup: :love: :)

hey guys,

are u sure that citiassist global loans are still being given to intrenational students. coz' yesterday when i called citi bank student loan corporation they said they stopped giving thse loans in 2004. so guys even i am not pretty sure about his coz' day before yesterday when i called them they said they do give the loan. same bank... 2 different :confused: anwsers

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the wishes. Very excited to join the program indeed. Do anybody have any idea to get the loans without a aco-signer and a credit history?.'-)

i called citibank,they said they dont have any info about citiassist global loan on their website and the rep advised me to call the school fin aid office which i did. nyucd fin aid office said the loan is still offered and we have to download the form from nyu website,fill it out and send it to citibank(no co-signer for this loan,but be carefull as we might need a very good credit history to get it approved as any loan denial due to poor credit history will show a negative on our credit history).
http://www.nyu.edu/financial.aid/citiglobaldentalapp.pdf

Also,since this loan dosen't cover full COA(it gives only $40,000/year but COA is apx. $80,000) can we take 40,000 by citiassist global loan(without co-signer) and rest by citi health professional loan(with co-signer).

dockydoo said:
hey guys,

are u sure that citiassist global loans are still being given to intrenational students. coz' yesterday when i called citi bank student loan corporation they said they stopped giving thse loans in 2004. so guys even i am not pretty sure about his coz' day before yesterday when i called them they said they do give the loan. same bank... 2 different :confused: anwsers

Dentalmaniac said:
Thanks for the wishes. Very excited to join the program indeed. Do anybody have any idea to get the loans without a aco-signer and a credit history?.'-)

get in touch with Sallie mae.
My good friend got a loan from them with out any credit history and co signer.Your rate of interest will be higher though.
Goooood Luck at NYU :luck:

yeah....i agree..it is real HIGH! :(
D(M)ental said:
get in touch with Sallie mae.
My good friend got a loan from them with out any credit history and co signer.Your rate of interest will be higher though.
Goooood Luck at NYU :luck:

fido! said:
yeah....i agree..it is real HIGH! :(
what is the interest rate for loans for somone on a visa, and somone with a green card or US citizenship with and without a cosigner and with or without a credit history?people gonig thru the process of taknig loans can tell us best.please reply. thanks

http://www.nyu.edu/financial.aid/loans.html
u might find some of ur answers in this link(specifically for nyu,but wont differ a lot for other schools)

godbless said:
what is the interest rate for loans for somone on a visa, and somone with a green card or US citizenship with and without a cosigner and with or without a credit history?people gonig thru the process of taknig loans can tell us best.please reply. thanks

Hi
just wanna know if any canadian has got reply from NYU via regular mail.Any kind of reply(acceptance,rejection,waitlisted).I guess they send ups to canadian candidates.

dockydoo said:
hey nehaa,

don't be depressed. u didn't tell me when u were interviewed. when they send the letter in a week after ur interview, that is an admission letter. 90%. but when u ur interviewed around a month or 2 months back it will be either waitlisting letter or rejection letter. but still a waitlist letter is better than a rejection letter coz' atleast 10-15 percent students might drop out either due to financial problems or various reasons. so stay cool :cool: and just wait. i am sure that u will get thru. gud luk.... :thumbup: :love:
hai,
I attended interview with u on april 11.I called them. they have sent me another copy this tuesday. I might be getting it on next week. but till that time ,tension is too much.

Can anybody guide to look for housing( other than searching in the wanted and housing forum). I guess many like me who are goin to come from other state and Country who have very little knowledge about New york would like to know which area is better over another to search for any off campus housing and the hours of commute , charge for the commute /day.

It would be great if similar questions like this will be answered by the NYUCD students themselves in the forum or who have any idea regarding this.

Thanks

dockydoo said:
hey guyz,

anybody has got any idea about holidays schedule in NYU. because i gotta make some travel plans to India based on the schedule. plz come out with precise dates. :) any type of info is appreciated

hai, i am new to this site. its a great site i must confess. if you were interviewed on the 11th april then we must have met then, cos i was interviewed same day.
i got my admission letter too. congrats to you. hope to see you again.

hi all,
I got an interview call from NYU yesterday through email.They said i will be get called formally via snail mail.
But i am declining the call as i got accepted at USC.
Good luck to all waiting.
molaris

Molaris,
I am still waiting for NYU response (I applied late). If you don't mind, can you let me know you stats & when you applied ? I just wanna compare mine & see where I stand..

thanks

talipini said:
Molaris,
I am still waiting for NYU response (I applied late). If you don't mind, can you let me know you stats & when you applied ? I just wanna compare mine & see where I stand..

thanks
What are yours?

called the school they siad that the application is under review,My stat are NDBE 1 90
ECE 3.06
Toefel 250
don`t know what to do just been waiting, does the school look for experience, coz i haven`t been working for 6 years, i have been a full tim mom, it costs e to work, coz i can`t afford the daycare, i have 3 kids, and won`t e able to break even working as a DA Don`t know whta to do.

andaljay said:
called the school they siad that the application is under review,My stat are NDBE 1 90
ECE 3.06
Toefel 250
don`t know what to do just been waiting, does the school look for experience, coz i haven`t been working for 6 years, i have been a full tim mom, it costs e to work, coz i can`t afford the daycare, i have 3 kids, and won`t e able to break even working as a DA Don`t know whta to do.
Don't worry, with these scores I'm sure that you'll be in this year.
Congrats for your achievements, excellent job.
jojo

Guys,

I thought i would share some of my views regarding admission. I totally agree with nilebds. take the proactive approach.

I would like to share the term FMEA with you. coz' this delas with how to tackle the problem in advance and take a pro-active approach. Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) is a proactive technique which helps us identify the wrong steps which we might be taking during the process of acheiving something. you think of the steps which need to be taken and outline them and with a bunch of think-tankers discuss the flaws in those steps. basically u use the brainstoming sessions to come out with better ideas and the flaws in the steps. and this can be applied to any field. for next year writedown what all u need to do to get an admission. stats, experience, networking etc and beofre putting the cycle in motion, call the program co-ordinators and ask them regarding whether these steps are good enough to secure a seat their school next year. they provide you with the best input and might comeup with some changes in your steps. Even SDN members will be of great help in giving the best ideas with their enormous knowledge. after you make all the changes, put the cycle in motion and you will come out with the best possible result (in this case admission). remember guys, u still have time if ur plannind to give exam in summer and also time to improve ur resume. it has also got the advantage of devoloping a rapport with program co-ordinators and they always will be willing act as a student mentors.
guys, this is just my opinion as FMEA is a very successful method being utilized in every field to acheive good results is being taught in every administration school on how to plan things properly.
thought, i will share this information with all the SDN members. After all this is the site to share with as i have gained a lot from this site.

does NYU send out rejection letters???? i havnt heard from nyu, n when i call they tell me that my application is still under review,............they never say they r not gonna call me or they r gonna call me, this is so damn frustating, ...... :confused:

Hey godbless I got my rejection letter yesterday :mad: they didn't consider me even for the interview. anyways gud luck for u.
godbless said:
does NYU send out rejection letters???? i havnt heard from nyu, n when i call they tell me that my application is still under review,............they never say they r not gonna call me or they r gonna call me, this is so damn frustating, ...... :confused:

Dent tex said:
Hey godbless I got my rejection letter yesterday :mad: they didn't consider me even for the interview. anyways gud luck for u.
hi,
i cant beleive they rejected u wid 88, they hav invited people with gpa around 2.5, why would they reject u wid 2.76........????
what abt me, :confused: :rolleyes:

Oh 88 and got rejection, that is sad...no interview call too.
Well what can I say, I assume I am next in row to get that rejection :( . Have 88 too and applied in august last year, havent heard a word
:scared: yet

got a email from new york asking me to schedule an interview with the school, anybody in the same state.
Anyone has interviews with the school in the next few weeks.

hey dentistjas,
dotn lose hope!!interviews are still going on..and u got a gud GPA ..so relax..and dotn lose hope..
panchhi.
dentistjas said:
Oh 88 and got rejection, that is sad...no interview call too.
Well what can I say, I assume I am next in row to get that rejection :( . Have 88 too and applied in august last year, havent heard a word
:scared: yet

ash23wariya said:
got a email from new york asking me to schedule an interview with the school, anybody in the same state.

Hi ash23wariya,

Would you be kind enough to post your interview date when you schedule it as lots of us are under the impression that NYU intv for this year is coming to an end on May 9. Also kindly post your stats.

Good luck with interview.

rahmed

ash23wariya said:
hi,
congrats for the interview,
can u please post your stats, n when did u apply..........thanks a lot

rahmed said:
Hi ash23wariya,

Would you be kind enough to post your interview date when you schedule it as lots of us are under the impression that NYU intv for this year is coming to an end on May 9. Also kindly post your stats.

Good luck with interview.

rahmed

just for general info, i think i was the absolute last person interviewed last year and that was on may 15th or so

called the school they confirmed that the last day for interveiws is on the 9th of may, don`t know what my chances are, being interviewed so late. There are only 2 days of interviews remaining, one this thursday and one on the 9th of may with that they are finished with interviews for this year.
My stats are
Part 1 93
Gpa 3.6
Tofel 260

ash23wariya said:
called the school they confirmed that the last day for interveiws is on the 9th of may, don`t know what my chances are, being interviewed so late. There are only 2 days of interviews remaining, one this thursday and one on the 9th of may with that they are finished with interviews for this year.
My stats are
Part 1 93
Gpa 3.6
Tofel 260

Your stats are good. So keep fingers crossed. Once again good luck :luck:

rahmed

ash23wariya said:
My stats are
Part 1 93
Gpa 3.6
Tofel 260

Hi ash23wariya, u have excellent scores. far better than mine. if i could get admitted am positive u will make it. once u get called for an interview i believe u stand a 90% chance of being admitted. just remain ursef, participate in the discussion(interview) and u will be just fine.
al da best.

Hello Guys,

my stats are

NBDE - 1 90
ECE - 2.8

TOEFL - 269

I applied in Aug 2005, yet not received any reply. When i called they say my application is under review. May is already running out. Do I have any probability of getting an interview.

Thanks

hi friends....are there any more interviews after 9th may,just read in this thread that 9th may is the last day of interview session,
.....if anyone has any clue it will be of great help for all of us who are waiting to hear from nyu.....

please reply.....goodluck.....

Hi,

I had my interview on 2nd and that seems to be the scenario uptill now. Rest it may change as well if they are short of candidates.

sp78 said:
Hi,

I had my interview on 2nd and that seems to be the scenario uptill now. Rest it may change as well if they are short of candidates.
goodluck for your result....thanks for reply

sp78 said:
Hi,

Would u mind sharing ur stats

Unfortunately your gpa seems to be a little on the low side,
I know people that have gotten interviews with your gpa however, so keep your hopes up, but that is probably why they have not called you as of yet.
good luck
abachhan75 said:
Hello Guys,

my stats are

NBDE - 1 90
ECE - 2.8

TOEFL - 269

I applied in Aug 2005, yet not received any reply. When i called they say my application is under review. May is already running out. Do I have any probability of getting an interview.

Thanks

abachhan75 said:
Hello Guys,

my stats are

NBDE - 1 90
ECE - 2.8

TOEFL - 269

Thanks

Hei, did you have any other interview call from anywhere else?? other than NYU?? as your status looks very good and you cant change your GPA. They have to look at good score more as compared to previous score in back home as GPA depends on the limitation of the backhome university's result. I wish you all the best.

pedo said:
Hei, did you have any other interview call from anywhere else?? other than NYU?? as your status looks very good and you cant change your GPA. They have to look at good score more as compared to previous score in back home as GPA depends on the limitation of the backhome university's result. I wish you all the best.

I did get call from Boston, UPEN. So i am surprized why not from NYU?

thanks

abachhan75 said:
I did get call from Boston, UPEN. So i am surprized why not from NYU?

thanks

so of course you have get acceptance too. Am i right?? Then why are you worried about NYU?//