Nyu interviews 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, is there any news for people intervied in may.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

We all who went to nyu in May are still waiting.Lets hope for the best...... :thumbup: If anyone has recieved any letter from them please inform everybody on sdn.

Hi,
Please inform all sdn'ers whenever u guys on may interview batch recieve anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,
In the same boat, Hope they tell us either ways coz this wait is really killing me.

any updates on may batch.

Any news .Only four people were interviewed?

juli456 said:
Any news .Only four people were interviewed?

I heard NYU interviewed 30+ candidates over 3 dates in May. SDN dosn't represent the applicant pool. I know 2 candidates outside SDN interviewed in May, but no news from them either. As this is the final round of admission I think adcom will take little longer to decide (I mean they will have to go over all the candidates interviewed but didn't get any decision so far; also there are waitlisted candidates from last year etc).

Good luck to all the aspirants :thumbup: :luck:

rahmed

Hi,

I think its too early to think about seats for next year......we are still waiting to get in this year...... ;)

Anyone gotten the financial aid award letter yet?

I haven't gotten mine, but maybe thats' cuz i haven't sent my immunization docs yet..

whats the deal with the rest of you?

nope....
fyi,the immunization stuff has nothing to do with your financial award letter!
P.S.:khurram,please refer to my post in the nyu acceptance thread! u shall get ur answer!

Khurram said:
Anyone gotten the financial aid award letter yet?

I haven't gotten mine, but maybe thats' cuz i haven't sent my immunization docs yet..

whats the deal with the rest of you?

sp78 said:
Hi,

I think its too early to think about seats for next year......we are still waiting to get in this year...... ;)

yaa dear. You are right. But you are lucky that at least you all are waiting for any news . I had rejection from NYU. one month before. I had my status 87/86 and 240. Thanks. Bye. I am confused about taking all exam again!!!!!i didn't get admssion anywhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anybody interviewd in may recive anything yet?
Please post.

Just wanted to let those waiting to know that i recieved the financial aid letter from NYU today.

pedo said:
yaa dear. You are right. But you are lucky that at least you all are waiting for any news . I had rejection from NYU. one month before. I had my status 87/86 and 240. Thanks. Bye. I am confused about taking all exam again!!!!!i didn't get admssion anywhere.

I think you have to retake TOEFL, get at least 250 and reapply again :)

Polident said:
I think you have to retake TOEFL, get at least 250 and reapply again :)

Thanks. That's what i am going to take the harder one-new version. i dont know i would get better score or not!!!! anyways, sorry. Now i am getting out of this forum as i am not related here. I was just taking inspiration from here to get admission next year at least. i have one que. I was interviewed in NYU. but not get accepted ,is there any chance to get call next year prefferably than others if i improve my scores?? or they closed my file?? Thanks\

Has anyone registered for classes using the torchtone phone system?
they ask for your uni id number which I dont think i have yet...
any help?

i think u can use the torchtone system after june 19th....!correct me if i'm wrong!anyone?
Khurram said:
Has anyone registered for classes using the torchtone phone system?
they ask for your uni id number which I dont think i have yet...
any help?

Ur right fido!!
U can only use the torchtone only after june 19th...

This is probably not the right place for this question but...how is married life treating you? :)

Hi Guys!!! I'm new to this site although I visit all the time... VERY USEFULL :)

I had my interview on April 25th with other 11 brilliant aplicants It went ok it only lasted 15 minutes...

The Dr that interviewed me warned me that I was going to be put on a waiting list. I received my letter a week after and guess what? I was waitlisted... :confused:

I have been waiting ever since :scared: and when I call they tell me to be patient and that the have not touched the waiting list.

I know of a couple of rejected and one accepted. I really don't know what they are looking for

Please post if you know of any movement!!!

Mybe said:
Hi Guys!!!.......have been waiting ever since :scared: and when I call they tell me to be patient and that the have not touched the waiting list.

I know of a couple of rejected and one accepted. I really don't know what they are looking for

Please post if you know of any movement!!!

In 2005 waiting list movement (and admission offers) occured after second week of July. How do I know? I was waitlisted almost immediately after my interview and kept calling NYU every so often!

rahmed

rahmed said:
In 2005 waiting list movement (and admission offers) occured after second week of July. How do I know? I was waitlisted almost immediately after my interview and kept calling NYU evry so often!

rahmed

ok but were you ever called in 2005?

because you are class 2009 that means that you were accepted this year...

Mybe said:
ok but were you ever called in 2005?

because you are class 2009 that means that you were accepted this year...

Yes I am in class of 2009 and that means I was accepted this year....but that's a no brainer!! What's your point?

rahmed

i received my"most awaited" financial award letter today...by snail mail!...just to let u guys know ....!anyone else received it yet?

D(M)ental said:
This is probably not the right place for this question but...how is married life treating you? :)

I'm very happy to say that married life is going great! it's great to have such a close companion with you whenever you need them, and especially in a big lonely city like manhattan! i'm really loving it! Since i'm free till august 1st now (when orientation starts) we are travelling around, and i'm showing her everything in new york, we are going to anguilla (carribbean) next week so that should be a great time.

rahmed said:
Yes I am in class of 2009 and that means I was accepted this year....but that's a no brainer!! What's your point?

rahmed

That they never called (accepted) you last year... I'm trying to figure out my chances...

what did you do to get accepted this year that you didn't do in 05?

Hai class of 2009,
Iam in the process of filling in the loan Application. what is the loan period for us? I guess the beginnning date is jul 31 , could anybody give info on the end date of the course.

If we do the program in NYU and complete in 2009 , what are the exams we should take to get the license to practise other than NY. can anybody list the exam name and the state it should be taken ?COZ in NY we are supposed to do one more year of speciality program . what are the chances of us taking the BOARD EXAM in other states , will they accept WREB in california?

ANY INFO IS HIGHLY APPRECIATED.

I am new to the forum and find it very resourceful and encouraging .My stats are NDB 1- 83, TOEFL 280, gpa 3.8. I have a post MDS work experence of 13 yrs. Iplan taking NDB 2 instead of repeating 1 as i dont feel like going back again since i've already done once ! Will my present health care Masters which is near completion and work exp help at least a little to review my appln .When i call they say its still under review or is it a polite way of saying dont waste time ?! I havent received an out right rejection letter tho. Pl advise.
fido! said:
hello renjualex,
i guess you are new to the forums!so welcome to sdn!
you do have a good gpa and a moderate toefl score!but i'm afraid your nbde1 score is pretty low!i would suggest you to take up your nbde part1 once again and improve your score!
you can apply to schools with your present stats!no harm applying to schools.....if you satisfy their requirements!
all the best! :thumbup:

DENTEYE said:
I am new to the forum and find it very resourceful and encouraging .My stats are NDB 1- 83, TOEFL 280, gpa 3.8. I have a post MDS work experence of 13 yrs. Iplan taking NDB 2 instead of repeating 1 as i dont feel like going back again since i've already done once ! Will my present health care Masters which is near completion and work exp help at least a little to review my appln .When i call they say its still under review or is it a polite way of saying dont waste time ?! I havent received an out right rejection letter tho. Pl advise.

Honestly speaking,
if they haven't called you for an interiew yet, it's just a polite way of them saying you've been rejected...sorry to be so frank, but i'm sure your looking for a straight answer instead of someone sugar coating it...

you have great work experience, BUT an 83 is not gonna cut it...anywhere.
Even if you do good in your part 2 you gotta raise your part 1 score by at least two points to an 85 and even that is pushing it these days.
good luck
khurram

HEY THERE,
I DO AGREE WITH KHURRAM,IMPROVE ON UR PART1!A SCORE OF 83 WONT LAND U ANYWHERE....
DENTEYE said:

could any body help me by answering to my last post ???????????????????????????????????????????????????//////////////

Thanks. I guess i will have to improve my part1 before i contemplate part 2 to take me any where next year atleast.
Khurram said:
Honestly speaking,
if they haven't called you for an interiew yet, it's just a polite way of them saying you've been rejected...sorry to be so frank, but i'm sure your looking for a straight answer instead of someone sugar coating it...

you have great work experience, BUT an 83 is not gonna cut it...anywhere.
Even if you do good in your part 2 you gotta raise your part 1 score by at least two points to an 85 and even that is pushing it these days.
good luck
khurram