Nyu interviews 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thumbsup said:
congratulations to everyone who got in .I took my interview yesterday and am also waiting for THE letter .I do hope I get in .

hey thumbsup,

congrats for the interview and best wishes for the result and hope everybody gets in who are interviewed. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

dockydoo said:
hey thumbsup,

congrats for the interview and best wishes for the result and hope everybody gets in who are interviewed. :thumbup:

Thanks dockydoo for your wishes and wish you all the best

thumbsup said:
congratulations to everyone who got in .I took my interview yesterday and am also waiting for THE letter .I do hope I get in .

Hi Thumbs up,

We must have met at the interview on the 18th.

have u heard from them as yet!Keeping my fingers crossed!

D let me know if u hear from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys,
even I was there..and i too have my fingers crossed!!do let me know if u guys hear anything. anjalia i rememeber meetign u..but dont remember meeting thumbs up..
panchhi.
Anjalia said:
Hi Thumbs up,

good luck for those who are waiting...and congrats to all those who already got in!!

Hi Guys,
i wonder if at all i'm gonna get an interview.i called them and as usual they said my app is under review.i'm kinda anxious now...please please suggest what shld i do and will i get the 'call',what do u say??
please help.
Thanx.

Anjalia said:
Hi Thumbs up,

Yes we did meet infact I took your phone number and you took mine try guessing

:scared:
thumbsup said:

No not heard from them at all I pray every night actually I am praying night and day

panchhi said:
hey guys,
even I was there..and i too have my fingers crossed!!do let me know if u guys hear anything. anjalia i rememeber meetign u..but dont remember meeting thumbs up..
panchhi.

Yes you did meet me I remember you and I have not heard from the university till now and I even have my toes crossed at this point

Congrats to you all. I graduated from NYUCD in 1994 and did Post Grad in Prostho. and Maxillofacial Prosthetics. For all you've mentioned, I remembered those experience. I did not take the advanced placement program (did a regular program) and was teaching in Prostho for 3 years in both programs. Now, let me tell u the trick to survive the life at NYUCD. Even though you get in at NYU, it doesn't mean that you will graduate on time or even finished at all. It will take a lot of work and there are many people at NYU walking around for all the programs. Study hard and find instructors that will help you, if you don't understand something ASK!! Don't try to be a wise guy, that doesn't help. Most of the full time instructors are nice, try to get to know them but don't have to kiss their a... You still have North East Regional Exam to go, the practical portion is difficult. Now another factor is the regular DDS program students. Be their friend, they can help you a lot. However, some of them my think that you guys are competing with them. Get to know them and be honest/sincere. NYU is a big family and you may get lost in the system. Don't be isolated, get into student organization. The dean is a wonderful person, Prof. Micheal Alfano, I know him well. I just went to visit him and he is doing a wonderful job at NYU. So good luck and stay well, if u do need suggestion mail me at [email protected], maybe I can answer some of your questions.

Hi all, i have my interview on 25th....anyone with me? Do let me know jaldi. Congrats to the ones who got in & gud luck to the ones like me :luck:

Hi,
I have my interview on 25th too.

Members don't see this ad :)
thumbsup said:

Hi Thumbsup,

Well I did exchange numbers with most of them on the 18th.Soo I guess it'll be hard to pinpoint you.But, please let me know. :p

Waiting,patiently.GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!1 :luck: :thumbup:

MUNYU said:
Congrats to you all. I graduated from NYUCD in 1994 and did Post Grad in Prostho. and Maxillofacial Prosthetics. For all you've mentioned, I remembered those experience. I did not take the advanced placement program (did a regular program) and was teaching in Prostho for 3 years in both programs. Now, let me tell u the trick to survive the life at NYUCD. Even though you get in at NYU, it doesn't mean that you will graduate on time or even finished at all. It will take a lot of work and there are many people at NYU walking around for all the programs. Study hard and find instructors that will help you, if you don't understand something ASK!! Don't try to be a wise guy, that doesn't help. Most of the full time instructors are nice, try to get to know them but don't have to kiss their a... You still have North East Regional Exam to go, the practical portion is difficult. Now another factor is the regular DDS program students. Be their friend, they can help you a lot. However, some of them my think that you guys are competing with them. Get to know them and be honest/sincere. NYU is a big family and you may get lost in the system. Don't be isolated, get into student organization. The dean is a wonderful person, Prof. Micheal Alfano, I know him well. I just went to visit him and he is doing a wonderful job at NYU. So good luck and stay well, if u do need suggestion mail me at [email protected], maybe I can answer some of your questions.

Thanks a lot for the wonderful piece of advice.I'm really looking forward to getting into nyu(hopefully i will) It is very nice of you to have posted your experience.really appreciate it.Thankx buddy!!

Hai Guys,
I was there on 18 th as well , keeping my fingers crossed as everybody. Just wondering how the acceptance letter will be sent , is it thru the regular mail or will there be any intimation thru email. I guess we should be hearing something this week. what do u think?

I was also interviewed on 18th. When I called the University on 19th they told me that they already sent the mails on 18th. So, our wait will be over in a couple of days. Best of luck to all.

hey guys i was also interviewed on 18th..u kidding me.the mails were sent out on 18th itself..they are fast..why cant they let us know that very minute i feel..atleast this we wont have to go through this wait..and if they sent out the mails on 18th maybe by tom we shud have the letters right??fingrers crossed..le me know if u guys hear something..
panchhi.
BOOGEYMAN said:
I was also interviewed on 18th. When I called the University on 19th they told me that they already sent the mails on 18th. So, our wait will be over in a couple of days. Best of luck to all.

panchhi said:
hey guys i was also interviewed on 18th..u kidding me.the mails were sent out on 18th itself..they are fast..why cant they let us know that very minute i feel..atleast this we wont have to go through this wait..and if they sent out the mails on 18th maybe by tom we shud have the letters right??fingrers crossed..le me know if u guys hear something..
panchhi.

Hey Panchhi,
They told me that committe met on 18th and made the decisions. You can call them at 212 998 9818 or 212 998 9821 to find about your status.

your acceptance letter will be send via regular mail(if you stay in the United States)!all the best! :thumbup:
Dentalmaniac said:
Hai Guys,
I was there on 18 th as well , keeping my fingers crossed as everybody. Just wondering how the acceptance letter will be sent , is it thru the regular mail or will there be any intimation thru email. I guess we should be hearing something this week. what do u think?

try to relax panchhi!the admissions committee cannot let you know their verdict by the time your interview is over....they meet after the interview has been conducted and then decide ...whom to select!remember...your interviewer is only a part of the admissions committee,who can only recommend your name to the committee...!at the end of the day...it is upto the committee !
wait and watch!my interview was scheduled on 28th feb!my acceptance letter showed the date ...march 1st!they just took one day to decide....who is in!....the letter was despatched on 4thmarch!i had received it on 7th march!my sister-in-law...almost threw the letter in the trash -can...thinking it to be a rejection letter.... :laugh:
thus....have some patience....i know it is a lot easier to say these...but what can you do....?
panchhi said:
panchhi.

thank u fido and boogeyman for ur response!!!
fido! said:
your acceptance letter will be send via regular mail(if you stay in the United States)!all the best! :thumbup:

Thank you fido for your reply.

Hey Guys,

I finally recieved the acceptance letter a few hours back! :D

I was soo worried bout it.Anyways , guys,for those inteviewed on the 18th...who else is in.Do Let me know. :thumbup:

I now am looking forward,to meet all u guys in the forum during the orientation or perhaps earlier. :) :)
We are all going to be classmates!! :love: All the best!!! :) :)

Good luck to those in waiting as well. :thumbup:

hi anjalia,
congratulations!thatz great news!all the best! :thumbup:
Anjalia said:
Hey Guys,

I finally recieved the acceptance letter a few hours back! :D

I was soo worried bout it.Anyways , guys,for those inteviewed on the 18th...who else is in.Do Let me know. :thumbup:

I now am looking forward,to meet all u guys in the forum during the orientation or perhaps earlier. :) :)
We are all going to be classmates!! :love: All the best!!! :) :)

Good luck to those in waiting as well. :thumbup:

my dear panchhi,
please accept my heartiest congratulations!party time! :clap: :clap: :clap: :hardy: :wow:
welcome to nyu!
i'm very happy for you,buddy! ;)
all the best for a very bright future!

Hai Anjalia, Panchii,
Congratulations!!!! can u let us know when the letter has been dated, to have the clue when it would have posted. Thanks

congratulations to all those who got accepted.

go

Last edited:
go

Last edited:
go

Last edited:
go

Last edited:
renjualex said:
hi fido
can you tell me what my chances r when compared to statistics with this year
my nbde prt 1 83
gpa 3.1(ece)
toefl 250.
thanks for ur help in advance.iam not sure what to do now?should i take my part1 again?
jojo here
Well, you sure desprate for an answer, if u posted 4 times the same question :laugh: , just joking dude :D
I'd have to say, that u might get lucky for NYU if not you'll have to improve your NDB Step 1, also try to evaluate thru WES you'll probably have around 3.80 WES GPA and apply only to those schools which accepts WES. Your Toefl it's fine, but if u wanna improve it , it's only be a PLUS for you.
Good luck my friend.
Annnnd jojo out
:laugh:

Do anybody know if they will be posting the rejection letters together with the acceptance letter or will they have others in the waitlist for a while and then send the rejection letters later .Has anyone received a rejection yet? very tense situation.....

Dentalmaniac said:
Do anybody know if they will be posting the rejection letters together with the acceptance letter or will they have others in the waitlist for a while and then send the rejection letters later .Has anyone received a rejection yet? very tense situation.....

I know 2 persons who received rejection letters but i think they don't send them with accepted ones.

do NY will send rejection letter to all those who are waiting for reply

to all those who are eagerly waiting ....dont panic,.dont loose heart untill u recieve something,n even if u havent recieved an acceptance letter till now dont think that u r rejected.U might be waitlisted or they might want to look through ur application again.dont genralize, each one of ours' situation and application is different.i know its easy to preach..but keep the hopes high.

Hai Friends,
I just received the Acceptance letter. I am very glad to join you guys soon.

My stat:

part1 -89
part2-83
Toefl-280

Dentalmaniac said:
Hai Friends,

My stat:

part1 -89
part2-83
Toefl-280

Hi congrats to u and welcome to nyucd!
Congrats to panchi and anjalia....
Goodluk to all who are waiting for the results...
See u all, those who are accepted at NYUCD on july 31st during orientation.

Congrats to all the recent acceptances!!!
Great to have you all on board!

hello renjualex,
i guess you are new to the forums!so welcome to sdn!
you do have a good gpa and a moderate toefl score!but i'm afraid your nbde1 score is pretty low!i would suggest you to take up your nbde part1 once again and improve your score!
you can apply to schools with your present stats!no harm applying to schools.....if you satisfy their requirements!
all the best! :thumbup:
renjualex said:
hi fido
can you tell me what my chances r when compared to statistics with this year
my nbde prt 1 83
gpa 3.1(ece)
toefl 250.
thanks for ur help in advance.iam not sure what to do now?should i take my part1 again?

Hi there,

Anybody going on 2nd may for interview?

Congrats Dentalmaniac, :thumbup:

Welcome to the gang !!

hi dentalmaniac,
please accept my congradulations!way to go! :thumbup:
Dentalmaniac said:
Hai Friends,

My stat:

part1 -89
part2-83
Toefl-280

hey everybody,

i jus received a call for interview from nyu. my interview is on the 2nd of may.any tips on what questions are generally asked and how to prepare would be great.

anybody else goin for interview on same day?????/

thanks for ur help in advance

dockydoo said:
hey thumbsup,

hai dockydoo,
what is the due date within which they told u to pay 1000 $. do reply.

Hi there,

I have an interview on 2nd may same as yours.See u there.

bye

sp78 said:
Hi there,

I have an interview on 2nd may same as yours.See u there.

bye
congrats sp78 and indident for interview call....
can you please share your stats ...goodluck for your interview