Nyu interviews 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
oops... i am sorry forgot to tell u guysmy stats.

part 1- 89
gpa- 2.5
toefl- 273
applied in the 3 week of october
finally, guys who are waiting for an interview call with gpa less than 3, good news. think they are calling people with gpa less than 3.
well i can imagine the stress which we go thru till we get a call and hopefully everyone gets an interview call and therby gets a chance to explain ur point to them as to why our GPA is less and also the genuine interest in their school.

Members don't see this ad.

congrats dockydoo,
this is good news, that they called people with gpa 2.5.......you have a greaT score, u deserve it, all the best man!!i hope they consider people with lower gpas than that too..........

please accept my heartiest congratulations,dockydoo!all the best 4 d interview! :thumbup:
dockydoo said:

part 1- 89
gpa- 2.5
toefl- 273
finally, guys who are waiting for an interview call with gpa less than 3, good news. think they are calling people with gpa less than 3.
well i can imagine the stress which we go thru till we get a call and hopefully everyone gets an interview call and therby gets a chance to explain ur point to them as to why our GPA is less and also the genuine interest in their school.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi drm.psingh
I have also scheduled my interview for the same date !!
All the best buddy !! See u there !!

------mrkbds :thumbup:

drm.psingh said:
hi guys...
i got an email from mara day before and was askd to fix an intrview over th fon..
iam goin in on 4th of april..they said it was the earliest available date....
gudluk to all

Same thing here.best of luck sahil. c u there.

sahilgoyal said:
Hi Guys
I recieved an email inviting me for an interview at NYU !!
I called and scheduled it for the 4rth of April !!
Wish me Luck friends !! I hope it all goes well !!
Any suggestions for me ?

Sahil

Good luck for ur interview. so people like me with less gpa stand a chance! that's very gud to hear.
dockydoo said:

part 1- 89
gpa- 2.5
toefl- 273

All the best mrkbds. See you tomorrow !!

Is there anyone who has been interviewed by NYU before the March 28th batch and hasnt gotten the acceptance letter yet? there's still a lot of us waiting, so any response will be highly appreciated.

thanx Fido for ur wishes and hopefully i get thru the interview successfully.

fido! said:
please accept my heartiest congratulations,dockydoo!all the best 4 d interview! :thumbup:

All those waiting for NYU interview calls this year including myself. My friend talked to NYU today and found this out.
They recieved 700 application approx for thi syear out of which they will interview 350approx. Just thought will let know all those who are sailing in the same boat as me.....
Though it doesnot really help in any way but still....there was no harm in sharing :)

dentistjas said:
All those waiting for NYU interview calls this year including myself. My friend talked to NYU today and found this out.
They recieved 700 application approx for thi syear out of which they will interview 350approx. Just thought will let know all those who are sailing in the same boat as me.....
Though it doesnot really help in any way but still....there was no harm in sharing :)

NYU received 1100+ applications last year (2004-05) and interviewed about same number of applicants (around 350)........just to make evryone know that this year (2005-06) competition is little less than last year!

Good luck to all of you are waiting,
rahmed

dentistjas said:
hi,
yeaah i was also told there r 800 applications n they r gonna interview half the people......very close to what ur friend was told

PREETHI said:
hI k,
Hey can u suggest where do u stand...my stats 86%, 3.57 and tofel 263....do u think i will atleast be called for the interview....my other friend who is not an sdn mem has stats....85%, 3.37 and tofel 253...can u pls suggest where we both stand...
i would higly appreciate ur response
thanx

hi preethi....i have almost same stats as yours....i was just wondering that did you hear from nyu.....and when did you apply?
if you can reply it will be of great help....i applied in feb 2006.....thanks in advance......

Members don't see this ad :)
Hii everyone
I was interviewed yesterday at NYU !!
The college is really awesome and the food was great too !!
It was nice meeting you drm.psingh and mrkbds !!
Hopefully we guys ll hear from them soon !!
All the Best everyone !!

hi sahil, can u plz share ur interview experience like who interviewed u and what are they expecting from us. my interview is on next tuesday and what ever you share will be useful.
sahilgoyal said:
Hii everyone
It was nice meeting you drm.psingh and mrkbds !!
Hopefully we guys ll hear from them soon !!
All the Best everyone !!

i told u...u will like it,did'nt i? :laugh:
sahilgoyal said:
Hii everyone

All the Best everyone !!

dockydoo said:
hi sahil, can u plz share ur interview experience like who interviewed u and what are they expecting from us. my interview is on next tuesday and what ever you share will be useful.

They are expecting confidence, good communication skills and interest in your career and NYUCD. Now all you gotta do is explain that in words and u'll do fine.

Hi celestial,
i have applied in the month of august....i never heard anything from them as yet....
\i hope that was helpful
bye
celestial said:
hi preethi....i have almost same stats as yours....i was just wondering that did you hear from nyu.....and when did you apply?
if you can reply it will be of great help....i applied in feb 2006.....thanks in advance......

PREETHI said:
Hi celestial,
i have applied in the month of august....i never heard anything from them as yet....
\i hope that was helpful
bye

thanks preethi..goodluck....

Thanx queen naush for the information congrats to you. wishing you goodluck :thumbup:

queen naush said:
They are expecting confidence, good communication skills and interest in your career and NYUCD. Now all you gotta do is explain that in words and u'll do fine.

hii dockydoo
I was interviewed by Dr.Denise Estafan. She makes you feel very comfortable. I think my interview went ok. Rest i can only comment after i get a reply from the college.
I totally agree with queen. Just be yourself.
All the best :thumbup:
Sahil

Yeah Fido...
It was awesome. I did trust you bro....
Hopefully i'll see you in fall !!
Take it easy... :cool:

hey guys
as far as interview at nyu concerned be prepared with some of questions
tell me abt urself
why dentistry
why nyu ;
future goals ;PG etc;if u interested in it come with some reasoning and with some points which justify ur interest in postgrad otherwise stick to .......GD
i was also asked ;if i had ever taken any moral decision
and abt time management
answer honestly ;with passion and not to forget abt smiling
THANKS
good luk to all !!!!

sahilgoyal said:
Yeah Fido...
It was awesome. I did trust you bro....
Hopefully i'll see you in fall !!
Take it easy... :cool:

Hi Sahil,

That was an end to a long wait! :thumbup: Hopefully u hear from them soon too. :luck:
I still am waiting.
Wanted to know if u have any work ex
here in the U.S,coz I don't.
Wonder if thats the reason for not getting
an interview call. :confused: :(

Anjalia said:
Hi Sahil,

That was an end to a long wait! :thumbup: Hopefully u hear from them soon too. :luck:
I still am waiting.
Wanted to know if u have any work ex
here in the U.S,coz I don't.
Wonder if thats the reason for not getting
an interview call. :confused: :(

Having no work experience should not be the reason for no response from the universities. Atleast i know it doesnt matter to NYU. whats your stats?

Hi Anjalia,

I'm sure you'll hear from them soon. Well its been just a few months i have been assisting but i dont think so that counts much !!
I agree with queen on this !!
Just hope for the best and be possitive !! I dont see any reason for you not hearing from nyu !!
All the best and keep your spirits high !!

Sahil

queen naush said:
Having no work experience should not be the reason for no response from the universities. Atleast i know it doesnt matter to NYU. whats your stats?

Well I don't then know the reason for not even being called for an interview. :confused: :( My scores are 89/3.56/267 with two years of experience in India.I applied in the 1st week of Jan & still no response. :scared:

& thanks for the support sahilgoyal

could anybody tell me what the earliest date is to apply NYU 2010? checked the website and only saw the deadline there.

I would say August 1'st Coz the batch of 2009 starts on that particular day and they reactivate those applicants on waitlist who request for it.

AjayDas said:
I would say August 1'st Coz the batch of 2009 starts on that particular day and they reactivate those applicants on waitlist who request for it.
thanks!

Sorry I haven't been around to help or congratulate much lately...i'm still in pakistan till the 21st doing all the post shaadi(wedding) dinners and stupid stuff like that!!!

So a HUUUUUUGE congrats from my side to everyone who recently got accepted to NYU!! Great to have you all as my future classmates and hope to meet you all in the fall or sooner!!!

Congrats again to everyone who got in that I didn't get a chacne to congratulate!!!!!!

Anjalia said:
Well I don't then know the reason for not even being called for an interview. :confused: :( My scores are 89/3.56/267 with two years of experience in India.I applied in the 1st week of Jan & still no response. :scared:

& thanks for the support sahilgoyal

Hey Anjalia

Im sailing in the same boat as well......my scores are 88/3.71/270 with two yrs experience in India. i applied in early nov and still havnt heard anything from them......quite concerned that later we get the call for interview fewer the seats available........

I had lost the hope of NYU interivew call for this year admission. because there are so many applicants are still waiting ahead of me. I have just 87 score with 2.7 gpa. well better luck next time.

stelon said:
I had lost the hope of NYU interivew call for this year admission. because there are so many applicants are still waiting ahead of me. I have just 87 score with 2.7 gpa. well better luck next time.

Stelon, count me in with you too. I had applied in august 05 with 88, havent heard a thing...... :(

hey is anyone goign for interivew on 18th of april to NYU??i have my interview then so people who are going let me know..
thanks
fido! said:
hello panchii,
congratulations,betty!i'm really happy for u!good luck for the interview! :thumbup:

Be ready for a surprise Pancchi. Someone you know will be there :p

hello..can u please specify whom u talking abt??is it someone from SDM..i guess so..let me know..i dotn like surprises much..not unless its is a surprise party!! :D
AjayDas said:

AjayDas said:
looks like you got an interview call, congrats buddy............... :p :idea:

Err... naah. I am still waiting :p
I meant someone else. I would rather let him find out on 18'th than spoil the fun.

AjayDas said:
Err... naah. I am still waiting :p
I meant someone else. I would rather let him find out on 18'th than spoil the fun.

Hey guys,

i did get a call from NYU finally!! :cool:

Had my interview today!Went alright but now I guess
the wait starts again for "THE" letter. :love:
Was asked the same standard qyestions .i.e why Nyu & general stuff.

I heard that the interviews are going to go on till May 15th.Soo good
luck to all those waiting for their interview call. :thumbup:

WOW!THATZ GREAT NEWS!CONGRATS! :thumbup:

Anjalia said:
Hey guys,

i did get a call from NYU finally!! :cool:

Had my interview today!Went alright but now I guess
the wait starts again for "THE" letter. :love:
Was asked the same standard qyestions .i.e why Nyu & general stuff.

I heard that the interviews are going to go on till May 15th.Soo good
luck to all those waiting for their interview call. :thumbup:

hey guys,

finally got the admission letter today and am really exited about it. Well, THANK YOU for the information you guyz shared and it was really valuable. gud luk to everyone.

congrats anjalia. Hope everyone gets thru including you.

hey dockydoo!congrats buddy!i'm so happy for you! :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :hardy: party time!welcome to nyu club!
dockydoo said:
hey guys,

finally got the admission letter today and am really exited about it. Well, THANK YOU for the information you guyz shared and it was really valuable. gud luk to everyone.

congrats anjalia. Hope everyone gets thru including you.

Congrats for your interview and i'm sure you'll get the acceptance in a week !!
All the best !!

Congratulations dockydoo....... :thumbup:

Welcome to Nyu !!

Desi-Dentist said:
I had an interview at NYU so I thought I would share my experience. I found the staff to be quite friendly and supportive. They really tried to keep us calm and relaxed. Interviews began before 8am and I was one of the first ones called. There were 10 of us in total and each one of us had an interview of at least 20 minutes, to a max of about 40 minutes.

My interview went reasonably well, I thought, but you never really know what they are expecting. I was asked basic questions. Everyone was asked why NYU? They go over your resume and pick out specific experiences to discuss with you. I was asked what procedures I performed in India and what I would like to do in the future. I was also asked specific questions from my personal statement. Overall, for me, there were no surprises. I was only asked a few questions and more time was spent in conversation.

From what I heard from other students, they do ask you questions dealing with ethics. They may ask you to compare and contrast your experience back home and over here. Don't be surprised if they ask you about any lower scores or anything they perceive to be negative on your transcript.

The rest of the morning was spent in tours and lunch. It is a beautiful facility. Perhaps the best I have seen in any dental school. We had lunch with other students there so we had an opportunity to gain more information. I was very satisfied with the experience and I really hope things work out for me here.

Some more info. for you guys. I heard this from the source so it should be legit. They have reviewed 747 applications for this program, and they intend on interviewing approx. 10 students a week. There are 125 seats. Since interviews are held over four months, this would mean that they would probably call 160-180 students for an interview and there is a better than 50% chance of being accepted if called.

Other advice I would give you guys. Do not take your original documents with you for the interview. They never asked for it and it is just extra weight. Staff member there told me it is better we keep it at home and they will let us know if they need any documents. Try to get there at 7:30am. The interviews are fairly easy going and if they have you called you, there is a good chance they already like you. Keep it simple and be yourself. If there are any other questions, please feel free to pm me. Wish me luck!

Did you get an acceptance letter and who interviewed you ?

Desi-Dentist said:
I had an interview at NYU so I thought I would share my experience. I found the staff to be quite friendly and supportive. They really tried to keep us calm and relaxed. Interviews began before 8am and I was one of the first ones called. There were 10 of us in total and each one of us had an interview of at least 20 minutes, to a max of about 40 minutes.

My interview went reasonably well, I thought, but you never really know what they are expecting. I was asked basic questions. Everyone was asked why NYU? They go over your resume and pick out specific experiences to discuss with you. I was asked what procedures I performed in India and what I would like to do in the future. I was also asked specific questions from my personal statement. Overall, for me, there were no surprises. I was only asked a few questions and more time was spent in conversation.

From what I heard from other students, they do ask you questions dealing with ethics. They may ask you to compare and contrast your experience back home and over here. Don't be surprised if they ask you about any lower scores or anything they perceive to be negative on your transcript.

The rest of the morning was spent in tours and lunch. It is a beautiful facility. Perhaps the best I have seen in any dental school. We had lunch with other students there so we had an opportunity to gain more information. I was very satisfied with the experience and I really hope things work out for me here.

Some more info. for you guys. I heard this from the source so it should be legit. They have reviewed 747 applications for this program, and they intend on interviewing approx. 10 students a week. There are 125 seats. Since interviews are held over four months, this would mean that they would probably call 160-180 students for an interview and there is a better than 50% chance of being accepted if called.

Other advice I would give you guys. Do not take your original documents with you for the interview. They never asked for it and it is just extra weight. Staff member there told me it is better we keep it at home and they will let us know if they need any documents. Try to get there at 7:30am. The interviews are fairly easy going and if they have you called you, there is a good chance they already like you. Keep it simple and be yourself. If there are any other questions, please feel free to pm me. Wish me luck!

Did you get an acceptance letter and who interviewed you ?

congratulations to everyone who got in .I took my interview yesterday and am also waiting for THE letter .I do hope I get in .