NYU interview invitation - 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi fido!

Thanks for your help. Since you have given me very well informed tips and information, I wanted to ask you: If I don't get accepted in NYU I was thinking on retake the NBDEI. I took it in 2008. I called the Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations yesterday. They informed that if you passed the board before 2010, you can retake it with no limitation and get a score before January 1, 2012. Would you please be so kind to let me know where did you get the info that if you passed it before 2010 you are not allow to retake it?:confused:

Thank you soooo much for your help

http://ada.org/prof/ed/testing/nbde0...guide_2010.pdf
this should help you in case you don't have access to the ada website..go to pg 8..it clearly mentions that " Effective January 1, 2010, candidates who pass the NBDE Part I may not retake the examination unless required by a state board or relevant regulatory agency"
I hope this clears your doubt of retaking part1....you cannot improve your score if you passed.

Members don't see this ad :)
http://ada.org/prof/ed/testing/nbde0...guide_2010.pdf
this should help you in case you don't have access to the ada website..go to pg 8..it clearly mentions that " Effective January 1, 2010, candidates who pass the NBDE Part I may not retake the examination unless required by a state board or relevant regulatory agency"
I hope this clears your doubt of retaking part1....you cannot improve your score if you passed.
Thank you!!!!!

ya still they havent released all interviews for march. keep hope up!:xf::thumbup:.

thanks for positive reply. I am waiting till 2 month and i didn't get any reply from NYU. So, I have to wait for 1 more month. Let's see what happen?

did any1 get d call lately,do post it guys,it really means a lot:)

@sun12345: well time says everything, and there is no use of taking tension. Some day SOON some time everyone will get into somewhere in DDS/DMD program.
then y to take tension! just relax and give your best because this one day is for everyone for sure.:xf::thumbup:.

sory but i ment with my degrees is there posibility for interview in uic if i apply or i forget about them

If u have a valid BDS degree or any equivilant degree than U can apply anywhere for international dentist program..No SPECIAL DEGRE IS REQUIRED FOR UIC...and you should surely apply to UIC as ur scores are fine and you never know about ur good luck...they so no harm in applying but could have loss if u don't apply..GOOD LUCK

I m telling youu all this as i was thinking to apply to UIC next year too.

@sun12345: well time says everything, and there is no use of taking tension. Some day SOON some time everyone will get into somewhere in DDS/DMD program.
then y to take tension! just relax and give your best because this one day is for everyone for sure.:xf::thumbup:.

Thanks a lot. ya, I know that everyone will get someday.

hw many candidates r still waitin?did any 1 get d call after16th feb??please do post.

Members don't see this ad :)
If nyu didn't send i/v on 1st week of march, anybody's friend other than sdn member got it:confused: pls post

Hey everybody,
Those that are waiting for an interview, they will resume interviews next week. This week their focus is on the 4 year DDS Program. Next week they will go back to reviewing AP students, so I would expect some people to get an interview invitation e-mail this week, asking them to schedule for the upcoming weeks.
Good luck to all those waiting, and those of you that had your interview before March break, please inform us of that status as you become aware of it.
Thanks

Hey everybody,
Those that are waiting for an interview, they will resume interviews next week. This week their focus is on the 4 year DDS Program. Next week they will go back to reviewing AP students, so I would expect some people to get an interview invitation e-mail this week, asking them to schedule for the upcoming weeks.
Good luck to all those waiting, and those of you that had your interview before March break, please inform us of that status as you become aware of it.
Thanks

Really? I thought the interview process came to an end??? Does anyone know how many students have enrolled so far????

Its tough to speculate at this point, how many have actually been accepted. Even the Admissions office wouldnt give you an accurate number.
Anyones guess is as good as mine, but to give a ball park estimate, probably between 80-100 acceptances have been issued.
Now as to how many have gotten accepted at other schools or have declined admissions due to personal or financial reasons may open up more seats.
Hope that helps

noooooo didn't hear anything.......................................:bang::bang::bang::bang:
:xf:

i had called nyu admissn office they said more i/v invitatns will b sent out...
i still dint get yet...

i got an interview email finallllllllllllllllllllllllllly !!

@bookworm what are your stats and what is your visa status.
and when did you got the email?
please share.
thanks

i got an interview email finallllllllllllllllllllllllllly !!

Congratulations for the interview call!! Can please tell us when are you having the interview?It is kind of giving people like us who are waiting some hope!
Thanks

Congratulations for the interview call!! Can please tell us when are you having the interview?It is kind of giving people like us who are waiting some hope!
Thanks

Hey Guys,

Just ONE interview call!!! Strange:confused:
Those who have received their calls, please post it kindly, so that it will keep up the hopes of people like us waiting out here.
Thanks.

ooo..nthn for me even today:( who else got d call,plz let me knw.

i have'nt finalized the date as of now..mostly 18th or 23rd.
my stats r 89/117/3.73 (nbde/toefl/gpa)
dont lose hope guyz.....im sure u will hear from them soon !

i have'nt finalized the date as of now..mostly 18th or 23rd.
my stats r 89/117/3.73 (nbde/toefl/gpa)
dont lose hope guyz.....im sure u will hear from them soon !

congrats and best luck for interview....:thumbup:

does any1 have any idea of hw many ivs r already scheduled for march? shae it guys who all r waitin..nothin is happening so far:(

Last edited:
@bookworm congratulations!

all the besst for interview!:thumbup:.

1 more week passed n this was really crucial accordin to me..dunna wats gonna happen:xf:

Is there any chance to hear from them now?:xf:

i just called nyu...
they said there are still going to send interview invitations...

i just called nyu...
they said there are still going to send interview invitations...

That's so strange... alot of people must be declining to go elsewhere. Glad to hear it though! ;)Did you ask them anything else pertaining to the number of students that have actually matriculated so far?

@ Tania...hang in there girl!!!:xf:

Hey Guys,

Is 'Bookworm Doc' the only person with an interview in March??
Please everyone out there with an interview, post your IV invitations online.

I heard that people who was invited didn't go as they got accepted in others schools eg Buffalo. Also when you receive the acceptance letter you must send $5,000.00 to reseve your seat and then take care of the loan. There are people who can't send the money within a week or 10 days. So don't give up and wait for the IV invitation!!!!!:thumbup::)

I heard that people who was invited didn't go as they got accepted in others schools eg Buffalo. Also when you receive the acceptance letter you must send $5,000.00 to reseve your seat and then take care of the loan. There are people who can't send the money within a week or 10 days. So don't give up and wait for the IV invitation!!!!!:thumbup::)

Hello Dobe! You were invited for an interview, right? How did it go? Did you get acceptance:xf: and if so, have you enrolled???

Hello Dobe! You were invited for an interview, right? How did it go? Did you get acceptance:xf: and if so, have you enrolled???

Hi!! Yes, I had the interview last Thursday, 5 days ago. I really don't know how did it go, I have the feeling it was OK. It is too soon to get the acceptance or no letter. I'll let you know when it happens for good or bad.

Good luck in yours:xf::thumbup: