NYU interview invitation - 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Guru bhai

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Anyone heard from NYU?
Has NYU started reviewing our application?
If any 'application complete' sort of email or mail from NYU or 'interview invitation' by now?

Please Let us know!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I called them...they will start reviewing by the end of this month

Members don't see this ad :)
even i spoke to them...they said they will send email regarding application complete soon...:)

even i spoke to them...they said they will send email regarding application complete soon...:)

can you tell me whether you send the other documents to them other than caapid i know their deadline is somewhere around jan but can we start sending our other documents please reply thanks

ya u can send..or u can wait for their intimation...bcoz they generally send u an email if smthing missing in ur application..

Last time, interviews started around Jan I think. So this might be a long wait.:rolleyes:

i guesss this time interview will be starting sooner,may b in dec bcoz the deadline has been shiftd from feb to jan...

i guesss this time interview will be starting sooner,may b in dec bcoz the deadline has been shiftd from feb to jan...

hey top most can you tell what time they will send invitations........????????? any idea? they didnt even send regarding the application completion till now......

Any news from NYU?

Called NYU today. They are still to sort out our applications and documents. They will be sending out application complete emails once they are done with the process. So still a long time to go before they start with interviews I guess.

sorry myself confused,completed the caapid application for new york,but should I send the application fees and photo along with supplemental material to nyu now or later (after receiving confirmation of my application) especially the fees and photograph part.
plz. do reply.
i will appreciate greatly...........

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an email this morning inviting me for an interview to NYU :) I will be there on the 22nd!! soooo excited :eek:

I just got an email this morning inviting me for an interview to NYU :) I will be there on the 22nd!! soooo excited :eek:

can u please let me know when u applied and when ur application process was complete
Thanks in advance

can u share ur stats....nd are u a reapllicant???till now i guess w havent recieved any application complete email or letter...did u get that before the interview call???

Congrats!! Got the email too! :thumbup:

Wish they kinda gave us more of a heads up - its kinda hard finding flights in that short of a time period. :scared:

Wish they kinda gave us more of a heads up - its kinda hard finding flights in that short of a time period. :scared:
congrats can you tell us when u got the email , and did you get any application complete email before invitation email and kindly tell us
what are your stats? it would be helpful for everyone waiting.

I think you are posting in a wrong thread. Seems that you are talking about regular program not for 3 year program for international trained dentists.

hey np8135 & gimmecaffeine,
Congrats for IV calls........

r u guys writing abt advanced standing DDS program or DDS program???....plzzz let us know....

Hello everyone,

My status is, 86 for part 1, Gpa is 3 and toefl 92.
can you pls give me ans about what r the chances for me to get in NYU ???
what may be the probable due date for application for 2010 according to you all , as it's mentioned jan 4th but up to when chances are best?

Thanks in advances....

Last edited:
Hi all,

my stats are part 1- 90, toefl -102 , gpa- 3.2, 10 months work in home country, 6 months observorship in US, wat are my chances for NYU?

Dear dlrao,

Your stats are really impressive you should have got a call from BU by now and you have a good chance for a 2 year program unless your are particular about NYU. Wishing you good luck with your interviews.

hi,

i haven't got any invitation from BU so far, so i am getting tensed about my chances.till now got rejections from upenn and minnesota.

Dear dlrao,

Your stats are really impressive you should have got a call from BU by now and you have a good chance for a 2 year program unless your are particular about NYU. Wishing you good luck with your interviews.

hi,
i received an email(at 4.30pm) asking for the additional documents to be submitted asap to complete my application...

me too received a mail at 4:30 pm asking for additional documents to be submitted to complete the application.

hi,
i received an email(at 4.30pm) asking for the additional documents to be submitted asap to complete my application...

Dear dlrao,

Thats great news, you are an early bird here.

i had sent evrythin in august only...hav not nethin frm dem...

me too received a mail at 4:30 pm asking for additional documents to be submitted to complete the application.

Hey!!!Can u plz specify which additional documents they require othr than Submitted in CAAPID?????

they need 1) notarized copy of dental degree
2) notarized copy of dental school transcript
3) NBDE part 1 official score report
4) Official Toefl score report
5) Official ece report
6)100$ non refundable fee payable to NYUCD

Hey!!!Can u plz specify which additional documents they require othr than Submitted in CAAPID?????

they need 1) notarized copy of dental degree
2) notarized copy of dental school transcript
3) NBDE part 1 official score report
4) Official Toefl score report
5) Official ece report
6)100$ non refundable fee payable to NYUCD

no offense meant:)...bt nope they dont require the official ece report...one copy must be sent to caapid...

no offense meant:)...bt nope they dont require the official ece report...one copy must be sent to caapid...

Thank u for ur reply.....
Bt As NYU hasnt contactd me yet so i shld wait till then.....rite??

Thank u for ur reply.....
Bt As NYU hasnt contactd me yet so i shld wait till then.....rite??
hi,
well u cn do it either ways....... if u hv a decent nbde score{above 86} and gpa above 3 {last year d avg score was 86 n d gpa was 3.2}dn u cn place an order with the toefl n jcnde ppl coz toefl guys will take atleast 7 business days n jcnde will take 3 weeks before they dispatch your score reports...so m sure you wanna complete ur application asap....... still if u want some kind of confirmation dn u cn wait for another week or 2... :)

Good luck to all

Last edited:
hi,
well u cn do it either ways....... if u hv a decent nbde score{above 86} and gpa above 3 {last year d avg score was 86 n d gpa was 3.2}dn u cn place an order with the toefl n jcnde ppl coz toefl guys will take atleast 7 business days n jcnde will take 3 weeks before they dispatch your score reports...so m sure you wanna complete ur application asap....... still if u want some kind of confirmation dn u cn wait for another week or 2... :)

Thanks static dizazter......
I sent them all supplemental docs. jz now.....As i dont want to wait for them....N i sent them official sealed copy of NBDE score report wid applicatn packet.so is it fine???

My stats r....nbde1-86,toefl-96,gpa-3.4
I am green card holder.....do i stand any chance in NYU....does my residence status matter....i have few certificates from various 1-2 day handson programs too....
hi smyl,
u do stand a chance ....bt in d mean time try to improve ur nbde part 1 score...u still hv 2 n hf months to go...after jan 1st u wnt be able to retake ur nbde part 1.....n u cn fax dm ur new score report later on...:)

Thanks static dizazter......
I sent them all supplemental docs. jz now.....As i dont want to wait for them....N i sent them official sealed copy of NBDE score report wid applicatn packet.so is it fine???
hi drams,
well you are supposed to send the cheque/money order,notarised copy of the dental college degree and notarised copy of the transcript with marks stated...n u hv to place n order for toefl n nbde score reports which will be sent by the ets and jcnde organisation...u cnt send ur copy/student copy of the score reports....click on dis...n for toefl u cn place it online or gv dm a buzz.......cya:)

http://www.ada.org/prof/ed/testing/score_report.pdf

hi drams,
well you are supposed to send the cheque/money order,notarised copy of the dental college degree and notarised copy of the transcript with marks stated...n u hv to place n order for toefl n nbde score reports which will be sent by the ets and jcnde organisation...u cnt send ur copy/student copy of the score reports....click on dis...n for toefl u cn place it online or gv dm a buzz.......cya:)

http://www.ada.org/prof/ed/testing/score_report.pdf

Oh!!!!Thank you for ur concern......I realy appreciate it........Thanks again....N best of luck for interview n all......
n jz one correction, tht wasnt student copy bt i requestd official sealed reports to my home n i sent it sealed only, so i dont think they wont consider as i hav done it for all othr universities....
Bt gr8 for sharing ur knowledge......Jz personal ques, where else u hav applied???

Oh!!!!Thank you for ur concern......I realy appreciate it........Thanks again....N best of luck for interview n all......
n jz one correction, tht wasnt student copy bt i requestd official sealed reports to my home n i sent it sealed only, so i dont think they wont consider as i hav done it for all othr universities....
Bt gr8 for sharing ur knowledge......Jz personal ques, where else u hav applied???

well k....well i aint sure whether dey accept sealed copies sent by students coz as much as i knw dey want it directly from the concerned organisations....plz confirm it once:)...n i applied in upenn,uconn,bu,nyu...bt d prob is my convocation is on the 14th november n i wnt get d degree b4 dat...upenn guys asked for my degree certificate bt i dnt hv one rite nw.......i jst had provisional........bt i got a interview cl from bu..so i hv kept my fingers crossed:xf:..i hv submitted ol d other documents..lets c..cya:)

I received an email from NYUCD stating that my appication is complete & will go to the admission committee for review. Did u guys receive it???....

i havent received any email from them as yet i called Mara and she said she is gona send out emails very soon...

I received an email from NYUCD stating that my appication is complete & will go to the admission committee for review. Did u guys receive it???....

hi...cud u pls let us no as to when did u send ur application...

can u please tell,are u a reapplicant???and when did u send the application to nyu??As i am also a reapplicant,had sent the application to nyu in aug but didnt heard from them...so was curious to know..

hi....I sent my application on 19th september.
Yes I'm a reapplicant!!!...Actually I made a mistake & had only sent 75$ instead of 100$ with the application packet. I resent the money order a week before. Yesterday at 5:20 pm, I recevied the application complete email from Ms. Mara.

thanks....

We sent in our application in late september. No news yet, no emails, Our $100 has not been cashed yet either. Don't know what's going on.
Anyone have any suggestions?

i had sent it in aug...n no news yet..i guess v need to b patient...dats all

my wife and I were thinking its one of 2 things. 1) the fact that their is no news yet means that her application has been moved to the good pile and they will contact her shortly or 2) they have already rejected her and will inform in a letter.

my wife and I were thinking its one of 2 things. 1) the fact that their is no news yet means that her application has been moved to the good pile and they will contact her shortly or 2) they have already rejected her and will inform in a letter.
its too early to jump to conclusions....d deadlin is in jan..so ders stil time...