NYU interview invitation - 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
like if u have f(fail) grade in any subject then be prep for good answer like some family problem or some other thing which is convening to them...or may be could not understand that subject nicely but later did well...answer for one or two que then be silent or try to answer tricky so they can start with another question...

Hey
Thanks a lot for the reply. I will try something on that note, but first :xf:, I need to get the magic call, Waiting badly.

Members don't see this ad.

Any iv call today???? I sent them emails for Application Status....No reply to emails or calls.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hoping to see some IV Invites today... for March. It is the last week in Feb. Not sure if they have already sent invites for the March interviews. :xf:

i called them up yest. and they told applications are under review and new interview can be released anytime soon, so lets keep our fingers crossed. :xf:.

From next monday, they will have 1 week vacation...i think after that tey will issue new interview calls...good luck who r waiting..:thumbup:

@tania suri: when i called they told there is no vacation the only thing is they r not conducting any interviews for coming week otherwise administrative office is open, then i dnt know if college is closed.

Last edited:
Is there anybody who was waitlisted last yr and has not get i/v yet?:xf:

@tania suri: when i called they told there is no vacation the only thing is they r not conducting any interviews for coming week otherwise administrative office is open, then i dnt know if college is closed.

um!may b ..i dnt knw then.

Members don't see this ad :)
From next monday, they will have 1 week vacation...i think after that tey will issue new interview calls...good luck who r waiting..:thumbup:

Thanks molar2383 for the info. I would like to add something: When I called to schedule my interview, I asked for 02/25. It was booked. They offered me the 9th and the 11th of March as the school will be closed from March 1 to March 7 and they will not conduct interviews on that week (I don't know if the Office of Admissions will be closed). Good luck to all who is waiting for "the call", and don't give up!!!:thumbup::)

Last edited:
Thanks molar2383 for the info. I would like to add something: When I called to schedule my interview, I asked for 02/25. It was booked. They offered me the 9th and the 11th of March as the school will be closed from March 1 to March 7 and they will not conduct interviews on that week (I don't know if the Office of Admissions will be closed). Good luck to all who is waiting for "the call", and don't give up!!!:thumbup::)

that means they have already scheduled some ivs for the month f march.

NYU is closed today also.:( now i guess no option till 8th march.

At this point I am losing hope.I was hoping to receive an invitation at least for march and now it seems march too is booked.So now are there any chance for admissions for this year? :(:(

it`s not closed today..i called them up and they said v r open even from 1st thru 7th,its closd 4 students nd thr r no ivs in this period.

it`s not closed today..i called them up and they said v r open even from 1st thru 7th,its closd 4 students nd thr r no ivs in this period.

@tania: thats what i said before that administrative office is open.
:xf:

nooooo calllllllllllllllllllllllllllll:scared::scared::xf:

Hi everyone. I am new to this site and have been reading through the posts. My Stats are actually quite embarrasing and I was planning on re taking NBDE I - 77, but I don't think I can. Regardless I applied to NYU in October and got an e-mail confirmation in December. I called last week and it looks like there were almost 800 applicants for 125 spots and they are still having interviews. I guess the only thing left for me is to take part II..... This is so stressful!!!:( I hope I was able to give you guys some insite. Good luck to all.

Did they tell u if they r still inviting ppl and how do u know around 800 applicants? pls let me know:confused:

Hi everyone. I am new to this site and have been reading through the posts. My Stats are actually quite embarrasing and I was planning on re taking NBDE I - 77, but I don't think I can. Regardless I applied to NYU in October and got an e-mail confirmation in December. I called last week and it looks like there were almost 800 applicants for 125 spots and they are still having interviews. I guess the only thing left for me is to take part II..... This is so stressful!!!:( I hope I was able to give you guys some insite. Good luck to all.

I know that it was almost 800 because I was told that on the phone at admissions. It was a little less, but it was really close to 800. They only said that they are still reviewing applications and that we should hear something by April... so I am assuming if we don't hear anything by April, then we will have to re-apply. Do they send out rejection letters?????

Question - Does anyone know if I can take part I over again???? I heard that as of 2010, if you receive a passing grade, no matter what it may be, you can not. Is this true???

Last edited:
is someone with 85/3.35 and 4 for master/ toefl 90 get innterview

Its true but if u registered before jan 2010, u can give.

I know that it was almost 800 because I was told that on the phone at admissions. It was a little less, but it was really close to 800. They only said that they are still reviewing applications and that we should hear something by April... so I am assuming if we don't hear anything by April, then we will have to re-apply. Do they send out rejection letters?????

Question - Does anyone know if I can take part I over again???? I heard that as of 2010, if you receive a passing grade, no matter what it may be, you can not. Is this true???

This week is going to be along wait till they send the IV invites....!!!
Waiting in anticipation for the invite....!!
Good luck all :xf:

hi im new to this forum...
my stats are 83/2.9/96/2.5 yrs exp in india/observshp in US since may 09
i have applied to nyu...bt no i/v call till nw..

is someone with 85/3.35 and 4 for master/ toefl 90 get innterview

yes ,there are so many people who got iv almost at the same state..so don't worry...you are good to go...by the way when did you apply??? as it matters too coz the sooner you apply the sooner you get iv..as its a rollon process. ALL THE BEST:thumbup::thumbup:

Yes, you are right..from jan 2010 you can't retake part 1 if you have already passed this exam but there is only way of retaking this exam i.e if you have already registered for this exam in 2009.

thanks kim
i applied in nov...

then wait...as these days peple who applied really early are getting the iv...eg i applied in aug so i got the call in feb.infact i know so may people who got accepted with almost same score. so you will get the iv soon..

Yes, you are right..from jan 2010 you can't retake part 1 if you have already passed this exam but there is only way of retaking this exam i.e if you have already registered for this exam in 2009.

Thanks Kim Kim. I think it´s too late to retake the test.:( I am so stressed out. I´m going to start studying for part II.

I wish everyone luck and hope you guys get the interview/acceptance!!!:)

hey kim kim...did u hear anyone gettin in with 2.9 gpa...i heard nyu prefers gpa more than 3...

Hello Gumdrop!!!

As per ADA web-site "The Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations met at the American Dental Association Headquarters on Tuesday and Wednesday, April 7-8, 2009, and took the following actions."

1. [*]Approved of a delay in the transition from a reporting of numerical scores to a pass/fail reporting system from January 1, 2010 to January 1, 2012. The JCNDE also specified that anyone taking the examination before January 1, 2012 will retain their numerical scores.
http://www.ada.org/prof/ed/testing/act_jcnde.pdf

I hope this will help you. Good luck!!!:):thumbup:

it is true..that the pass/fail system will take place from 2012 onwards..but u can take the exam only once if u have passed before jan 2010..
Hello Gumdrop!!!

As per ADA web-site "The Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations met at the American Dental Association Headquarters on Tuesday and Wednesday, April 7-8, 2009, and took the following actions."

1. [*]Approved of a delay in the transition from a reporting of numerical scores to a pass/fail reporting system from January 1, 2010 to January 1, 2012. The JCNDE also specified that anyone taking the examination before January 1, 2012 will retain their numerical scores.
http://www.ada.org/prof/ed/testing/act_jcnde.pdf

I hope this will help you. Good luck!!!:):thumbup:

yes ,there are so many people who got iv almost at the same state..so don't worry...you are good to go...by the way when did you apply??? as it matters too coz the sooner you apply the sooner you get iv..as its a rollon process. ALL THE BEST:thumbup::thumbup:
i didnt apply yet i want to apply for 2011, can i ask you if with my degree is it ok to apply for illinios:confused:,thanks for reply

as somebody has 12march i/v on sdn, means rest near 20 days r left for i/v:confused::xf:

i didnt apply yet i want to apply for 2011, can i ask you if with my degree is it ok to apply for illinios:confused:,thanks for reply

I didn't get ur question??? R u asking about stat or degree???

as far as stat is concerened i think its fine...but illinios has very less number of seats than nyu.only 30 seats so thr will be more compitition..and thr interview plays a very major role in selection..they want green card too.

I didn't get ur question??? R u asking about stat or degree???

as far as stat is concerened i think its fine...but illinios has very less number of seats than nyu.only 30 seats so thr will be more compitition..and thr interview plays a very major role in selection..they want green card too.
sory but i ment with my degrees is there posibility for interview in uic if i apply or i forget about them

it is true..that the pass/fail system will take place from 2012 onwards..but u can take the exam only once if u have passed before jan 2010..

Hi fido!

Thanks for your help. Since you have given me very well informed tips and information, I wanted to ask you: If I don't get accepted in NYU I was thinking on retake the NBDEI. I took it in 2008. I called the Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations yesterday. They informed that if you passed the board before 2010, you can retake it with no limitation and get a score before January 1, 2012. Would you please be so kind to let me know where did you get the info that if you passed it before 2010 you are not allow to retake it?:confused:

Thank you soooo much for your help