NYU Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi thnx for the reply do u know nething abt applying for scholarships ne help wud b appreciated :)
no grant will be available for us .it is available to only undergradutes..as we already have bachelor degree so it is not us...we have to repay whatever we get.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
[I own a property noe the market is down no good time to sell ? maybe rent?

[I own a property noe the market is down no good time to sell ? maybe rent?

Hi !:)
It's not a good time to sell. The best option is to rent and keep the property .(in europe the prices are going up like crazy ) so, it's a matter of time till the prices are gonna rise here too. I have a property too, but I don't even think to sell...(not yet:scared:.....)

Hi there,

I received my admission packet around 5: 30 pm by UPS overnight service....

akg

my stats are:

NBDE1:86
NBDE2:78
GPA:3.38
MPH:3.42 from tulane university
2 years experiance in home country
worked as study coordinator for 9 months

got acceptance... done with medical.. now struck at loan .. i am a can resident without any cosigner in can or america is there any way i can manage loan... any help is appreciated ... i called citi and financial aid they told me to go for 40,000 loan given without cosigner... but in application they want US permanent address but i donot have one .. is there any way to deal with that

got acceptance... done with medical.. now struck at loan .. i am a can resident without any cosigner in can or america is there any way i can manage loan... any help is appreciated ... i called citi and financial aid they told me to go for 40,000 loan given without cosigner... but in application they want US permanent address but i donot have one .. is there any way to deal with that
hey u said that citi told u that u can get a laon of $40000 without a cosigner.is this a federal loan or private loan?? could u tell pls??

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah its private loan ..... i am can resident so i think i can't apply for federal loan ... if i am wrong please let me know

thanks man:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Hey akg,
Hearty congrats to you! I'm so happy for you.May God bless you with His grace and peace. Good luck in all your future endeavors. Knock it out!

anybody still waiting and calling NYU?

I have been accepted at NYU but i am confused abt loans.i am a permanent resident.i applied for FAFSA. i want to know that after selecting a bank through which i borrow do i need to fill two forms---one for federal stafford loans and second for private loans or there is another way of applying....Also i have a cosigner who has excellent credit history of many years but right now he is not working for 2 months...is he still eligible as a cosigner?? Put ur input........

[ I called nyu aND THEY TOLD ME TO APLY TO PRIVE LOANS ALSO., MOVING LOANS AND MEDICAL PAPERS BY 30 VERY DIFFICULTS TIMES BUT THANK YOU FOR SUPPORT ABOUT MY HOUSE NO SELL NOW i APLY TO CITY ASSIST MY ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE JUST MONDAY i AMRUNNING LATE?

[ I called nyu aND THEY TOLD ME TO APLY TO PRIVE LOANS ALSO., MOVING LOANS AND MEDICAL PAPERS BY 30 VERY DIFFICULTS TIMES BUT THANK YOU FOR SUPPORT ABOUT MY HOUSE NO SELL NOW i APLY TO CITY ASSIST MY ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE JUST MONDAY i AMRUNNING LATE?
how will u apply for loans without knowing how much u can borrow. i called NYU and they told me to wait untill 1st week of may.they will send the award letter in which there will be how much i can borrow and how much i will get under federal loans...confused......

hieveryone,
as you are permanent resident so you have to wait for award letter bz init you get to know how much you are getting from fedral loans anthen you will apply for private loans for remaining amount,.......but as for as those people are concerned that don't have citizenship or permanent residency they have to go for privete loans right now.

simple they need the money by the 6 of june the federals loans It will take 4 to 6 weeks as the office of financial Aid told me

simple they need the money by the 6 of june the federals loans It will take 4 to 6 weeks as the office of financial Aid told me
In fiiling CITI ASST. i have to fill which loans i need..as i am permanent resident i need to click both federal stafford loan and private loan in CITI ASST. Form..right???

YOU CAN CHECK WITH THEM MY APLICATION IS PENDING i SPOKE WITH FINANCIAL OFFICE TODAY THEY TOLD ME 60 OOO IS THE MAX IN FEDERALS LOANS

Correction Privatyes Loans

Private Loans with Salimae & Citiassist give loans upto specified amount as certified by dental school including fees & living. Right?

anyone needs any kind of help..most welcome! feel free to post me...

hi... congs!! i need some help here..i gave my exam in oct 07 and got 82...i'm preparing again for it...can you pls guide me as to how you prerared for part 1...i would like to have more questions to practice..i have the old papers..kaplan Q bank..what else can i do??? pls help me...thanks...

:):)
Hi there,

I received my admission packet around 5: 30 pm by UPS overnight service....

akg

Hi akg ! Still in Texas ? When do you plan to move in Ny? Did you find any place ? What area are you looking for?

:):)

Hi akg ! Still in Texas ? When do you plan to move in Ny? Did you find any place ? What area are you looking for?

yep... flying to NY on 25th MaY. My preference is Jersey City. what about you ?

yep... flying to NY on 25th MaY. My preference is Jersey City. what about you ?

Hi akg,

I was thinking to Jersey City also . I don't know yet when I'm going but I will plan soon. I'll let you know. :)

For those of you planning to come to NYC for housing search. The rates for apt/rooms is almost same in Jersey City, Queens, Brookyln, Upper Manhattan.

For those of you planning to come to NYC for housing search. The rates for apt/rooms is almost same in Jersey City, Queens, Brookyln, Upper Manhattan.
but which is closer and good for indians..

but which is closer and good for indians..

Jackson Heights in Queens & Journal Square, Grove Street in Jersey City have a good Indian population. Both Jackson Heights & Journal Square have Indian markets too.

:) Hey guys ! Did anybody receive the package from the financial office? Do you have the idea how much we receive for living expanses and when? How close to the school starts?:confused: This is really good to know...Please answer.....

Hai! did any of u guys get the I 20 from NYU if so pl. tell me when did u send ur OISS. Does is really take 3 weeks? b'use i had sent my OISS only on 2nd may and if its going to b 3 weeks then i may b late:scared:

I'm in the same boat as u are., and also worry abt tht much time....they have to process it fast for us:( I submitt afcoe today,now u can understand.Will u apply for visa from here or from ur home country.?
When u will get ur i-20 thn do let us know,

[can any senior post the clasess for the first year in AP in nyu PLEASE TO KWON HOW MANY CREDICT ETC PLEASE.....................AND HOW WILL HAVE EASY TRANSITION TO SCHOOL PLEASE I ALREDY HAVE A HARD TIME GETTING AN APT PLEASE THAT WILL BE HELPFUL THEY TOLD ME CLASESS ARE HARD IS THIS TRUE PLEASE i WANT TO HEAR FOR SOME SINIORS

Hey,
anyone here who is already on F1 and is just going to be transferring their I20?

Could anyone who is permanent resident or citizen tell abt loans.Except the federal stafford loans which loans we need to apply.what is federal graduate PLUS loans.do we need to apply that?what is the procedure after receiving award letter.do we need to apply for private loans only? for federal stafford loans do we need to send the some signed forms to school and they will apply for it or we need to apply for both federal stafford loans and private loans together by ourselves.which is better SALLIE MAE or CITI.Pls tell me the procedure after receiving award letter.

Hi everyone,
Did anyone receive the finalized tuition, fees and expenses info from NYU? will they be sending it by postal mail or is it going to be a bill in our nyu email, as they say in the information packet?
Also, does anyone know how to go about to waive the health insurance, if u already have one? and when to do that?
Did all those who are applying for private loans already submit the application? anyone applying for citiassist, for 40,000 without a cosigner? what is the usual processing time? I still havent applied, and starting to worry if i am really late!
Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all, and tc

the fee for this year is out. total 97.... thousand something. and the tuition is 67.... thousand something

did u get any letter from NYU? I havent, but yes , when i called the financial aid office they told me it is 66,746. do u know how long it takes for the loan processing? have u applied for a loan?
the fee for this year is out. total 97.... thousand something. and the tuition is 67.... thousand something

Hi everyone,
Did anyone receive the finalized tuition, fees and expenses info from NYU? will they be sending it by postal mail or is it going to be a bill in our nyu email, as they say in the information packet?
Also, does anyone know how to go about to waive the health insurance, if u already have one? and when to do that?
Did all those who are applying for private loans already submit the application? anyone applying for citiassist, for 40,000 without a cosigner? what is the usual processing time? I still havent applied, and starting to worry if i am really late!
Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all, and tc
which CITI assist loan is without cosigner? citi health professonal loan or citi graduate loan and how much is the maximum limit .could u pls tell??

could anyone tell what r the options for permanent resident in getting loans.i just know abt federal stafford loans.for rest of money which loan i need to apply. Graduate plus loan or private loan???help me pls

could anyone tell what r the options for permanent resident in getting loans.i just know abt federal stafford loans.for rest of money which loan i need to apply. Graduate plus loan or private loan???help me pls

Hey guys, i receivedtoday the tuition billfor summer and fall. The due date is may 27.the amount is 36,778. but I didn't receive the award letter. I don't know what to do? Did anybody receive the award letter so far?

hi hidocs,

i don't know much abt graduate plus loan but wht i heard is tht most students who took fedral loans opt for graduate plus..bz it is federal and has fixed rate of 8.5% or something...plz do check citibank site and compare it with private loans...as in private loans rate is variable bt currently it is 6% so it may be good bt the downfall is u never knows whn it will go up...and also much deferment and forebearance options for graduate plus as far i know.
Do talk to financial advisor for this.
Good luck

hi hidocs,

i don't know much abt graduate plus loan but wht i heard is tht most students who took fedral loans opt for graduate plus..bz it is federal and has fixed rate of 8.5% or something...plz do check citibank site and compare it with private loans...as in private loans rate is variable bt currently it is 6% so it may be good bt the downfall is u never knows whn it will go up...and also much deferment and forebearance options for graduate plus as far i know.
Do talk to financial advisor for this.
Good luck
u said in citi private loans interest rate is 6% but it depends on credit history ..so might be diff. for diff person..right?did u get loans at 6 % interest rate.could u tell what will be the approxiamte credit score must be to get loans at 6 %..confusion.....