NYU 2012 application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does anybody have an idea how it goes for loans. Apply, interest rate,...

go to the bank website(eg.citibank www.studentloan.com/) fill out the form and submit it..done..interest will be calculated by the bank depending on your co-signers credit score) you normally get a reply in 1-2 days

Members don't see this ad.

Are they sending anymore IV invitations? I am still without a call:xf:..stats are 83/3.38/96

@1923

I spoke to Ms.Mara Zeleya last wk....she said they r closing the interviews in 1 or 2 wks......so I'm afraid tht they won't send anymore IV...or u can call thm and confirm they r pretty responsive......

Members don't see this ad :)
I have waited to do this banana dance for sooo long so here I go guys! Got accepted.
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::biglove:

@1923

I spoke to Ms.Mara Zeleya last wk....she said they r closing the interviews in 1 or 2 wks......so I'm afraid tht they won't send anymore IV...or u can call thm and confirm they r pretty responsive......

I got the same response but I can't believe that they are done with interviews so soon. Some students at NYU say that they call students until April. I don't know whom to believe:(

got acceptance letter yesterday, im from the 28th feb batch.
best of luck to everyone

They asked me why NYU? why did u become a dentist. Your experience back home and experience here in USA. Prove that you are passionate about dentistry. Your ability to work under stress..prove by examples, ( I have two little girls so a lot of questions regarding the move). Why should we choose you? Hope that helps. I had a very long interview as compared to the rest. Good luck!

They asked me why NYU? why did u become a dentist. Your experience back home and experience here in USA. Prove that you are passionate about dentistry. Your ability to work under stress..prove by examples, ( I have two little girls so a lot of questions regarding the move). Why should we choose you? Hope that helps. I had a very long interview as compared to the rest. Good luck!

What r ur stats dentist O

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on 23rd feb and I am still awaiting mail from them...Any 1 who interviewed that day .. can you tell me whether you received it or not....
:confused:

Hi Guys,
A lot of us have been waitlisted this year and it will be a big help if all those people who are accepted but not joining NYU can let us know.

Waited too long to do this .... :soexcited::soexcited::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
Got accepted day before yesterday.
Good luck to all those who are waiting. Keep faith.

Last edited:
I interviewed on 23rd feb and I am still awaiting mail from them...Any 1 who interviewed that day .. can you tell me whether you received it or not....

I iv that day and received my acceptance this tuesday. Just hang in there, it will come.

hey any 1 frm 28 feb batch got acceptance??m on wait list..do u have idea when they confirm the status after wait list?

anyone looking to rent waterside?contact me for details

got acceptance letter yesterday, im from the 28th feb batch.
best of luck to everyone
congrats.which college.can you give your email address.need some info and help.thanks

Waited too long to do this .... :soexcited::soexcited::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
Got accepted day before yesterday.
Good luck to all those who are waiting. Keep faith.
hi congrats.can you give your mail id.need some info.thanks

hi congrats.can you give your mail id.need some info.thanks

Thank You. You can send me a private message on SDN. I will give u all the details.

Good Luck.

Hi Everybody,
I want to congratulate everyone who got acceptance this year. It’s a great achievement and it’s now time to celebrate. To all those who are waiting to hear from colleges or starting with either the examinations process or application process, Good Luck.

Someone recently said to me “ Perseverance is a virtue in God’s eye”. I think I am a good example of this. I came to USA 6 years ago after getting married. I had cleared my Part I that time and got 86. It was in the old pattern. I didn’t have too much knowledge of the system here and how it worked, neither did I have any friends, seniors or juniors who came to US and went through the same process. I also at that time had no knowledge of Sdn. Anyway, I applied and interviewed at BU and USC. BU kept me on wait list. In that time period I came in contact with other students sailing in the same boat and also sdn. After months of waiting to hear from BU, some of the students as well as faculty members suggested that I should retake my part I, in new pattern. I once again studied for it and gave the exam. To my horror my score came down to 83(in new pattern). In all this time period I was doing observer ships at different offices. So hopefully I was adding something to my CV. Its tough to go through the process of giving exam once, let alone twice but I had no choice but to give it the third time. I applied each year hoping that maybe I will get an interview call from somewhere, but to my dismay I didn’t. After preparing for months I gave my part I third time and got a score of 84. That time I decided that I had to go ahead and give my part II as well. I gave that and scored 75. But at least I passed the second exam without failing. No body was passing the second exam so I was happy with my achievement. In that time period I started working as a dental assistant and that gave a boost to my CV and my confidence of knowing my subject well. I also got my mark sheet from college re-evaluated, which came back with a higher score from before. I had to re give my TOEFL as it had expired. So all in all the boat started moving ahead. And working as an assistant gave me an insight to the work pattern of this country as well as how to talk and other finer nuances of the system.

I interviewed in two colleges in this years application cycle and got accepted recently in NYUCD. I think the only thing that mattered in the end was that I kept fighting for what I really wanted in life. I know that I am good at my work and I enjoy only this profession and this is what I have always wanted to do, and I went after it. A lot of people told me to do different courses and change profession but I always believed that I will get in. I just needed a break through. I did attend a course in UCLA and other continuing education courses in different college but I never lost sight of my ultimate goal.

I would also like to add that there is always room for improvement, in your application, in your study pattern, in your LORs, in your presentation at the time of the interview.

In the end I would say that there should always be hope against hope. Self doubt will not make you gain anything and if you really want something, go face it with a brave heart and smiling face. I think positive attitude and optimism will take you places. When the going get tough, the tough gets going.

This is my story and I hope it helps.
Good Luck and Warm Regards !!!
Ud80

any female looking for roommate at waterside plaza, contact me on 9013475163

Hi.

Did anyone get acceptance from the march batches yet..?

Hi.

Did anyone get acceptance from the march batches yet..?
not yet. i called them . they told me that they will be sending out the results on monday. fingers crossed. i interviewed on 8th.

hey guys any idea, when waitlisted candidates will get to hear about acceptance/rejection??
will it be through email, phone call or regular mail??

hey guys...:D:D:D....time to go bananas ........:laugh::D:D:D
All the best to you guys. I just want to tell you that you need to stay putt and keep yourself motivated. Good times are nearby and who knows what you have lined up in the near future. All the best .:thumbup::xf:

P.s. stats- 88/112/3.83
interviewed on 8th march.

:xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

Last edited:
congratulations JRD,YOU DESERVE IT

hey JRD. congrats.. I am in too!!! time to do the banana dance!!! :banana::banana::banana:

hey JRD. congrats.. I am in too!!! time to do the banana dance!!! :banana::banana::banana:
Thank you and congratulations to you too. Have you given the deposit yet? Can you email me so that we can get in touch. My email is [email protected]. I needed some information about post-acceptance procedures.

Hi,
I got my acceptance letter yesterday,I was from the 15th march batch which was last day of the interview.Thank God I am in.

Congratulations!!Anniestar...Can you share your stats plz.

Hi,

Everyone who got accepted. do we get mail through UPS or regular mail if we are in US.? Please let us know

Hi I interviewed the same day and got my acceptance letter in 2 wks. Just hang in there.
Good Luck.

Can someone comment on the number of people that are waitlisted? How many people are waitlisted on an average. What is the possibility of converting from a waitlist to acceptance?

Can someone comment on the number of people that are waitlisted? How many people are waitlisted on an average. What is the possibility of converting from a waitlist to acceptance?

We can only know about the chances for waitlisted candidated if people who have rejected their NYU seats for some other schools come up and help us.

We can only know about the chances for waitlisted candidated if people who have rejected their NYU seats for some other schools come up and help us.

But NYU and colorado are the last schools which give acceptances ..all other school decisions are out long time back...

How many people do they interview and how many total seats are there?

I think they are done with interviews and selected their candidates..