NYCOM final passing grade????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akadion1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the hell the final passing grade is for this fundamentals class is? is it 70 or 75? When kumar explained it, all it did was make my head want to explode.

Members don't see this ad.

Why didn't you post this under your class thread rather than starting a new one?

no lower than 65, no higher than 70, depending on the standard deviation. question answered, close thread lol

Members don't see this ad :)
no lower than 65, no higher than 70, depending on the standard deviation. question answered, close thread lol

Just to clarify a little more:

Passing is always the class average minus the standard deviation, but NEVER higher than a 70 or lower than a 65.

Example: If the average is a 78 with a SD of 10 then passing is a 68. If the average is a 72 with a SD of 12 then passing is 65. If the average is an 81 with a SD of 7 then passing is a 70.

thanks vix and jason, I appreciate it.

Plasticman, to answer your question. I am lazy. I didnt feel like looking for the nycom thread. I didnt know I was gonna get in trouble by the forum police. Actually let me apologize in advance for this, Im sure Im breaking some forum law right now by not sticking to the thread topic. Why would you post in this thread if you were of no help and didnt have a question or comment concerning the topic?

thanks vix and jason, I appreciate it.

Plasticman, to answer your question. I am lazy. I didnt feel like looking for the nycom thread. I didnt know I was gonna get in trouble by the forum police. Actually let me apologize in advance for this, Im sure Im breaking some forum law right now by not sticking to the thread topic. Why would you post in this thread if you were of no help and didnt have a question or comment concerning the topic?
I think you answered your own question there, but just to be sure... To answer your question, I have no idea what the average and sd were for your exam. Therefore, I do not know the passing grade. If you were too lazy to post this under your class thread, then it should have been posted under "Osteopathic". Stop being lazy and creating forum clutter! :p