NYC position

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daredevil

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in a small-med size community hospital in Brooklyn just 15 minutes from Lower Manhattan.

Most days, we get out somewhere between 1-4pm. The late attending comes in at around 10am to noon. so our hours are on average, between 40-50 hours a week.

We cover CRNAs and residents, so hardy ever have to sit “on the stool”, except for breaks.

We have 3 or less in-house call requirements (weeknights), 8 weeks vacations, and very competitive compensation package.

DM me if interested in finding out more. We are looking for one more FT attending.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
As helpful as other big city ones.

I do not wish to publicize compensation numbers. Please DM if you wish to find out.

Wait but are NYC job listing supposed to post salary

Reactions: 2 users
As helpful as other big city ones.

I do not wish to publicize compensation numbers. Please DM if you wish to find out.
That's a lie and we all know it. Clearly you haven't worked outside of NYC we're nurses are team-players. I live in one of the biggest cities in the US and the nurses are helpful.

That's a lie and we all know it. Clearly you haven't worked outside of NYC we're nurses are team-players. I live in one of the biggest cities in the US and the nurses are helpful.

I start 1-2 IVs/month in preop. Rest are all started by preop nurses. My experience in NYC was admittedly a long time ago but the nurses there didn’t start any IVs then. When I moved to my current city for residency, I was surprised to see it was routine for nurses to start the IVs here.

I start 1-2 IVs/month in preop. Rest are all started by preop nurses. My experience in NYC was admittedly a long time ago but the nurses there didn’t start any IVs then. When I moved to my current city for residency, I was surprised to see it was routine for nurses to start the IVs here.

As of 2017 I can tell you the NYC nurses aren't any better.

I work in pp nyc. Yes the nurses don’t put in Ivs but I don’t mind it. For high turnover cases like Endo the nurses will put the iv in for you. The nurses are very helpful with everything else. Ie: Holding the mask, cricoid pressure , putting on monitors and grabbing supplies for you. the nurses will not help that much in an academic hospital setting though.

Reactions: 1 users