Day doc position in dallas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you can get that package for those hours take it. No call, benefits, retirement, and 8 weeks PTO. The best I could offer via my group would be $390K but that would be for 40 hours per week (no call).
Just to clarify this was a suggestion for others.

Members don't see this ad.

Would more vacation or 4 days a week be more attractive to people? Or even 3 days a week?

Just my two cents, but I think people looking for these types of jobs are more interested in flexibility on their own terms. Have you considered offering it as a per diem position at an hourly rate?

That way someone can decide how many and which days they’d like to work. It gives them the flexibility they seek and you get the coverage that you need. You can perhaps further incentivize the position by offering to pay for malpractice or some other benefits if they work a set number of shifts each month.

Impressive for solo cases in a major city, that's >240/hr + benefits for a regular worker.

I'm in a major city with and pay is 190ish per hour for same deal.
It's not anywhere close to 240/hr.

7-5 = 10 hours a day
10 hours x5 days a week = 50 hours a week
6 weeks off means 50 hours a week x 46 weeks

That's 2300 hours a year.

450k/2300 hours ~ 195 per hour

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the positive feedback - it’s one site, no driving all over dallas as is common with some groups here. And of course md only.
Would more vacation or 4 days a week be more attractive to people? Or even 3 days a week?
If you go to 4 days a week or have some early days, 7-3, you'd be far more successful IMHO. 6 weeks is plenty of vacation for a day doc job. In addition your hourly rate is going to have to come up a good bit from 195/hr.

Just my two cents, but I think people looking for these types of jobs are more interested in flexibility on their own terms. Have you considered offering it as a per diem position at an hourly rate?

That way someone can decide how many and which days they’d like to work. It gives them the flexibility they seek and you get the coverage that you need. You can perhaps further incentivize the position by offering to pay for malpractice or some other benefits if they work a set number of shifts each month.
We always pay for malpractice- always. We also offer benefits for our position- as long as someone works at least 30h/week they get benefits

Thanks for the positive feedback - it’s one site, no driving all over dallas as is common with some groups here. And of course md only.

We always pay for malpractice- always. We also offer benefits for our position- as long as someone works at least 30h/week they get benefits
100% it would help. 450/40/8 is something I would consider for sure. Its less pay and less vacation than I was working at my previous site but its also less hours. More than likely, I would even do OT on top of that, but having the option to leave after 10 hours is important.

100% it would help. 450/40/8 is something I would consider for sure. Its less pay and less vacation than I was working at my previous site but its also less hours. More than likely, I would even do OT on top of that, but having the option to leave after 10 hours is important.

Me too

Be mindful of 35% federal taxes kicking in around 210k as single w2 wage earner. Vs 460k for married w2 wage earner

I don’t think 450/k
If you go to 4 days a week or have some early days, 7-3, you'd be far more successful IMHO. 6 weeks is plenty of vacation for a day doc job. In addition your hourly rate is going to have to come up a good bit from 195/hr.
6 weeks is NOT THE STANDARD anymore. That’s circa 2017 or earlier. Than it became 7-8

Now 9-10 weeks vacation is the standard even for day full time docs.

And 6 weeks off unless you can take 1-2 days off here or there is not the same as 6 weeks having to take full week off.

Lowly Academic places usually have 25 days off but then add 1-2 weeks paid cme. That makes it 7 weeks off where they get to take single days off. Add in 10-12 paid holidays paid

That brings it to a min 9 weeks paid off.

I’m at 9 week off at my place plus 12 paid state/federal holidays. I get comp a day if I work a holiday.

Reactions: 1 users
It really is incredible how much more draining those last two hours are. Did a locums gig last year that was a week of 7-5 and pretty steady all day, and the only thing I wanted to do at the end of each shift was go back to the hotel, eat, and go to bed.

7-5 definitely should not be sold as a "day doc" position imo. Beyond the workload, it also leaves absolutely no time to get anything done during the "day" (i.e. pick up kids, take care of other business/errands during business hrs, etc)
Totally agree, I did a locums gig last year for 6 months, 10 hour days 2 weeks at a time, just exhausted by the end of the day. Was not good for my health.

We have had lots of success with partner track physician recruiting - we were thinking of trying something new with this new contract but maybe we will just end up hiring another partner track person.

The problem w utsw (academic program in town that pays 350ish or so) is the abysmal vacation… 3 weeks! It’s insane - a few of their interviewees that have also interviewed w us or other USAP groups have mentioned the terrible vacation plan as a reason they haven’t signed
!!! That’s why I didn’t go to a UT program 14 years ago. Sorry to hear it’s still ridiculous.

I did a 7-5 job instead. It was 4 days a week though and was pretty manageable. A three day weekend every week makes up for 4 long days.