NSU-COM Discussion Thread 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys- I am still on alternate status but I am trying to be optimistic and plan ahead for the financial side of things. Does anyone know if I can submit Fafsa to the school if I am on the alternate list and not actually accepted to the school yet? Also does anyone know if nsu-com requires the parental information to be entered in fafsa? Also, does anyone know much about the military scholarships that are available and when those have to be applied for by? Thanks in advance to anyone who has answers :)

Fill out your FAFSA as soon as you can. You can add up to ten schools, and then your information is available to them as soon as they accept you. You don't need your parental information.

Can't help you with the military stuff.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got accepted :) I sent in my letter of intent a few days ago and I think that really helped. Also don't forget to update the school on any additional volunteer hours, shadow hours, etc you might have.

Good luck everyone :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got accepted :) I sent in my letter of intent a few days ago and I think that really helped. Also don't forget to update the school on any additional volunteer hours, shadow hours, etc you might have.

Good luck everyone :xf:

Im working on submitting another letter of intent to restate my interest in the school. Did you address your letter to the dean or do you know the name of the director of admissions?

Im working on submitting another letter of intent to restate my interest in the school. Did you address your letter to the dean or do you know the name of the director of admissions?

I address the letter to Ellen. She's the admissions counselor.

To get an interview at NOVA do you have to have 27 mcat?

To get an interview at NOVA do you have to have 27 mcat?

no...50% of people in the class have <27

Class of 2014

45% in-state; 55% out-of-state
Avg Undergrad GPA: 3.41
Avg Science GPA: 3.31
Avg MCAT: 27

I am withdrawing my acceptance from Nova. It is a wonderful school and I know I would have enjoyed my time there. Hopefully it goes to someone in this forum. Good luck everyone!

Just got accepted this morning and am trying to make the decision!! Any students out there willing to answer some questions via email? I interviewed during spring break so I never actually was able to speak to med students while in Florida! Thanks!

Just got accepted this morning and am trying to make the decision!! Any students out there willing to answer some questions via email? I interviewed during spring break so I never actually was able to speak to med students while in Florida! Thanks!

You can send me a PM with questions.

Sure. my SDN name at GMail.com. :)

Hi all, first time poster on this thread, but have had gut rot over this thread for several months now.
I am on the waitlist, but last week I received an email from NSU registrar giving me a username and what-not. At the bottom of the email is clearly states this is not an implication of acceptance. My questions is, has anybody else received this email, and if so, were you accepted off the waitlist? Last year's thread had a couple posts with this but they received the email in March and were accepted in June or July. Just wondering if this means my chances are improving.

I am trying to find a roomate at nova starting August. Does anyone know needs a roomate or where I could look to find one? I am looking for a female roomate who would be starting in the med school. I am also still searching for a place....

Thanks! Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an admissions and interview evaluation email from Dr. Whitehead. I am on the waitlist. Can anybody help me out and let me know if this means something or absolutely nothing? I really want to attend NSU, but am worried I'm going to be heartbroken if I get my hopes up too much. Did everyone get this, even if not accepted?

Hey I just received the same thing and I'm on the waitlist...really had my hopes up for a little but seeing that we both got it and were both on the waitlist doesn't look good.

I don't think it means anthing. They probably send it to everyone who interviewed. I got one and I withdrew several months ago. ( I was an alternate).

I don't think it means anthing. They probably send it to everyone who interviewed. I got one and I withdrew several months ago. ( I was an alternate).

Thanks for clearing that up.

Yeah guys ^, I got one too.

I got excited when I saw an email from Nova, but when I saw that it was just a survey thing my smile faded.

Good luck to you guys and let's let each other know whenever we do get taken off of the wait-list if that happens.

Withdrew my acceptance and heading to KCOM! Hope one of you gets my spot here!!

Yeah I am on alternate status still as well and I received an evaluation for the interview. I am sure everyone received it...Im just hoping my next email from them is a happy one and I can start planning my move.

Yeah I am on alternate status still as well and I received an evaluation for the interview. I am sure everyone received it...Im just hoping my next email from them is a happy one and I can start planning my move.

My sentiments exactly. Hopefully we can all be accepted.

I'm rooting for all of us to get off, hopefully sooner than later. So how many of us are actually on the waiting list on here?

Just looking over this last page its:
VillND213
et129
meggiestarr
MedIsInMyBlood

I'm sure there are a bunch more, just thought we could get a little list together.

:D:D:D:D Just got the call guys!!!!!!!!! Accepted. So pumped right now and so much to do, I don't know where to begin.

:D:D:D:D Just got the call guys!!!!!!!!! Accepted. So pumped right now and so much to do, I don't know where to begin.

I just got in this morning as well. Now to arrange a move from MN to FL... totally worth it.:)

hey guys, i was placed on the alternate list a while ago, and just checked my status online and the "alternate status" is gone and all that's left in its place is "current program Dr of Osteopathic medicine". does this mean i was accepted?! has this change happened to any other alternates? I haven't received any email notifications or phone calls...which is how i expected to find out if i was actually accepted..

hey guys, i was placed on the alternate list a while ago, and just checked my status online and the "alternate status" is gone and all that's left in its place is "current program Dr of Osteopathic medicine". does this mean i was accepted?! has this change happened to any other alternates? I haven't received any email notifications or phone calls...which is how i expected to find out if i was actually accepted..

ms08bayo, I actually checked mine today and it stated "contact the admissions office"...gave them a call later in the day and sure enough accepted me. So I'm not sure about your message, but I would for sure give them a call tomorrow morning.

congratulations villnd! this may be the longest 14 hours i've ever had to endure then haha

Hey guys....looks like a bunch of us were actually accepted today which is so exciting I can't wait to meet everyone! Anyone receive the email yet with information so I can start planning everything? I am hoping to give my work two weeks notice but there is a lot to plan and get together since I am coming from Chicago. Congrats to everyone that heard today I am so excited I cant even express it

Congraz to all who got in. Remember to join our facebook group for class of 2015. Also check out the M1 Orientation "To DO List" :) Can't wait to meet you all in August. :thumbup:

To those who are still waiting, keep your hopes up. I heard people were still getting accepted in July last year. :xf:

Anyone receive the email yet with information so I can start planning everything?

I haven't gotten mine either. Since neither of us have, I'm not too worried about it. I've already put my two week notice in...

thank you jdsargen that will be very helpful... I cant wait to meet everyone. Ill be doing a road trip from chicago to fl anyone know of some things I should stop by on the way? lol

Anyone mind sharing your stats...for of those of you accepted off the waitlist?

thank you jdsargen that will be very helpful... I cant wait to meet everyone. Ill be doing a road trip from chicago to fl anyone know of some things I should stop by on the way? lol

I'm driving down from Chicago as well. It's gonna be a LONG drive lol.

Anyone mind sharing your stats...for of those of you accepted off the waitlist?

3.2 Cum, 3.6 Science, 27O and a ton of research experience and over a year of working hands on in an emergency room. I also have my degree in bioengineering with an emphasis in cell and tissue engineering which I believe set me apart some. Good luck to everyone still on the alternate list I hope to see you all down in florida as well!

Congrats to you guys!

I see I'm the only one here in our little wait-list group (Et, meggiestar, me, and VillND) that didn't get in yet, grrr!

And ms08bayo, were you able to reach NSU? Did you get in?

the same happened to me. I tried calling Ellen Rondino but her voice mail said she is on vacation until tomorrow. Were you able to reach her?

the same happened to me. I tried calling Ellen Rondino but her voice mail said she is on vacation until tomorrow. Were you able to reach her?
Same issue here. Have you heard anything back yet?

Wow, congrats to everyone! I am new to the forums (posting not viewing!), but am also on the alternate list. I have tried calling Ellen Rondino a LOT to no avail. Just voice mail. I left her a message today, but she hasn't returned my phone call so I sent another update letter/letter of intent (number 3).

Would those who recently got in off the alternate list please give us some idea of what you did to get in touch? I'm starting to wonder if Ms. Rondino is screening my phone calls! Haha. Also, where is it that you saw the status change on Webstar? Was it in the "Admissions" login under your completed application year?

Thanks so much and congrats again :)

Also wondering how did they notify you? It seems like a lot of people hadn't heard from the school, but they were first notified of being accepted once they made the call themselves.

Please, would really appreciate this information! This has been such a frustrating time.

Wow, congrats to everyone! I am new to the forums (posting not viewing!), but am also on the alternate list. I have tried calling Ellen Rondino a LOT to no avail. Just voice mail. I left her a message today, but she hasn't returned my phone call so I sent another update letter/letter of intent (number 3).

Would those who recently got in off the alternate list please give us some idea of what you did to get in touch? I'm starting to wonder if Ms. Rondino is screening my phone calls! Haha. Also, where is it that you saw the status change on Webstar? Was it in the "Admissions" login under your completed application year?

Thanks so much and congrats again :)

I would like to know this as well.

em363 and MedIsInMyBlood

Hey just to answer your questions, I saw my status change in webstar under "Admission". If you log into there under Processed Applications you just press the Admission term. On the next screen there should be a part that states Admission Type or something like that. Mine said I was on Alternate Status and then changed to "Call Admissions Office". Some also said it stated Program "Dr of Osteopathic Medicine". Either way if it doesn't say Alternate Status I'm sure its a good sign and I would give Ellen a call.

Also em363, I actually sent in two LOI in both May and June and one new recommendation. I emailed Ellen about 3 times to just state that I was still interested in the program and exactly what my current situation was. She never emailed me back on any of those hahaha. So I understand getting in contact is a pretty big pain. The only day she actually got into contact with me was the day I got accepted.

Good luck to both of you guys, there's still a lot of time left before school and I'm sure the alternate list will surely continue to move.

Hope that helps

I'm driving down from Chicago as well. It's gonna be a LONG drive lol.

I'm also from Chicago and I would recommend using Spirit airlines from chicago-ft. lauderdale for the best airfare deals although service sux and they charge for bags...and water....for having cheap fares:/

How much is shipping the car vs the 21 hour drive?

Thank you so much, villnd213! That was super helpful! Hope to see you at Nova :)

em363 and MedIsInMyBlood

Hey just to answer your questions, I saw my status change in webstar under "Admission". If you log into there under Processed Applications you just press the Admission term. On the next screen there should be a part that states Admission Type or something like that. Mine said I was on Alternate Status and then changed to "Call Admissions Office". Some also said it stated Program "Dr of Osteopathic Medicine". Either way if it doesn't say Alternate Status I'm sure its a good sign and I would give Ellen a call.

Also em363, I actually sent in two LOI in both May and June and one new recommendation. I emailed Ellen about 3 times to just state that I was still interested in the program and exactly what my current situation was. She never emailed me back on any of those hahaha. So I understand getting in contact is a pretty big pain. The only day she actually got into contact with me was the day I got accepted.

Good luck to both of you guys, there's still a lot of time left before school and I'm sure the alternate list will surely continue to move.

Hope that helps