NSU-COM Discussion Thread 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Declined my seat today! Hope one of you gets it! Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Good Luck to you Run262... and thanks for freeing up a seat! Seriously though, all the best!

i applied here for the 2012 cycle. those of you who got accepted here for 2011, do u mind sharing ur stats? thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
interviewed on 2/15 and still waitlisted... =(

i just got an acceptance from another school.. nova is my #1 and i'd really like a yes or no from them before i pay money to hold my seat at my #2...

i was thinking about calling my interviewers to ask them but i lost their business cards..... >.<

Hi NSU students! My dad and I are going to be driving to NSU right after my LECOM-B interview on the night of 8/29. Since we won't be getting there until around 8pm (when admissions will most likely be closed), could any current student give us a really quick tour? Just 15 minutes would be greatly appreciated :)
Thanks in advance!!!!

Hi guys,

When you got interviewed at NSU, which hotel did you stay at? I am considering Holiday Inn, Hampton, Comfort Inn. Which one would you recommend? I prefer the one with shuttle to and from airport as well as to and from NSU.

Thanks

Hi guys,

When you got interviewed at NSU, which hotel did you stay at? I am considering Holiday Inn, Hampton, Comfort Inn. Which one would you recommend? I prefer the one with shuttle to and from airport as well as to and from NSU.

Thanks

I stayed at what is now the Holiday Inn Express. Last year it had a shuttle to and from the airport and to and from campus (you had to work the times out with the people at the front desk to make sure you got on one early enough in the morning). They also had a discount for people coming in for NSU interviews. It was pretty nice, the shuttles all worked out, and they let me leave luggage behind the desk during the day of the interview. Don't know if everything's the same, but I'm pretty sure the shuttles and discounts are still in place.

Hi guys,

Thanks

I stay at the Hampton in and it was very nice with breakfast in the morning along with shuttle services to take me from the airport to the hotel, hotel to NSU, NSU to airport. It was great and easy. One thing I recommend for the NSU interview is to brush up on all the standard questions. I faced a question on the healthcare reform, which is weird as no one else there faced it. So just be prepared for anything!

Hi guys,

Thanks
i'm gonna stay at marriott courtyard plantation..dunno how it is, but it provides shuttle to/from airport and to/from NSU.. and complimentary breakfast.. discount for nsu.. seemed like a good deal ! :xf:

Hi everybody I am new to the forum. I am currently a nursing student graduating in may 2012 from Nova Southeastern University. I came from Cuba 8 years ago. My dream has always been to become a physician. I was majoring in Biology at FIU before entering the NSU nursing program. I am really interested in applying to the D.O program at NSU. I just a little bit afraid of the MCAT. I still need to register and take CHM2, Organic 1&2, and physics. Hopefully I can complete the pre-req in one year. I am using this forum because I need all the support I can get. I am highly motivated to follow my dream. Maybe I would have a chance since I am going to be working as an RN in contact with patients and doctors. I am just a little bit afraid and anxious about the MCAT, because I do not remember anything about bio or chem 1. I guess thats why we all use study guides and books. I can definitely make time to study a love science. What do you guys think?

Hey I am a current M1, i saw that some people were asking what your general dates for school will be for next year. Here they are:

August 1 M1s start orientation and classes
August 7, 2011 Opening Exercises/.White Coat Ceremony (Family)
August 8, 2011 Fall Term Begins
September 6, 2011 Labor Day, No Classes
November 24-27, 2011 Thanksgiving Holiday, University Closed
December 9, 2011 M1, M2 Fall Didactic Courses Ends
December 24 &#8211; Jan 2, 2011 Winter Break, University Closed
January 3, 2012 Winter Term Begins
January 16, 2012 Martin Luther King Jr. Day, No Classes
March 12 - 16, 2012 Spring Recess. No M1, M2 Classes
May 5, 2012 Winter Term Ends
May 7, 2012 Summer Term Begins
May 14, 2012 Summer Term Registration Ends
May 25, 2012 M1 didactic Classes End/End of M1 Year
May 28 &#8211;July 1, 2012 M1 Community Service Activities
July 2, 2012 M2 Courses Begins/Summer Session II
July 4 , 2012 Independence Day, University Closed
August 3, 2012 Summer Term Ends
August 6, 2012 Fall Term Begins
August 13, 2012 Fall Term Registration Ends

If any one has questions about NOVA feel free to send me a PM. Good luck to all those on the waitlist. Don't give up, the waitlist moves like crazy in June and July
Hi i currently a nursing student at NSU graduating in May 2012. After this I am planning to take chem.,the organics, and the physics. Hopefully I will study extra hard to pass the MCAT. I just to the US 8 years ago, I am trying really hard to improve my writing, My grammar, and my verbal skills in order to apply to the program. One stupid Question can you work at least part time while in the medical program. Thank you

Hey I am planning to apply to NOVA as well one question are you able to work at least part time or not? Thanks