Nova Southeastern University Masters in BioMedical Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello everyone!!!

I submitted my application in March and still waiting to hear from them.... Anyone else on the waiting mode??? this waiting game kills me!! :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone!!!

I submitted my application in March and still waiting to hear from them.... Anyone else on the waiting mode??? this waiting game kills me!! :eek:

Me too I submitted my application in March and still waiting to hear from them:(

Just submitted my app 4/12 - the wait begins.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear anything yet in terms of invites etc?

I was contacted today for an interview.
congrats on getting an interview. Please update us on how it went? and if they told you anything about future interview dates?
this waiting is killing me...thanks

If anyone is still checking on here, they've ended interviews for meds and have already begun the process of accepting people. I'm not exactly sure if all spots are filled yet but I do know they already have an alternate list. Good luck to those waiting.

Guys, I just got a letter of acceptance!!! Keep an eye out for emails and put out all your positive vibes!! Good luck!

Hey Guys here is the new facebook group for Nova Masters of Biomedical Science 2013-2014
https://www.facebook.com/groups/460251707388587
Those who are accepted and attending please join and stay connected
Looking forward to seeing you guys soon!

Last edited:
Definitely applied too late - that stinks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I posted this on the other Nova masters thread:

Hey everybody, I am a pre dental student. I had an interview on April 18th and was informed of my acceptance yesterday, may 2nd. Please don't ask me to post my stats because I won't. Just wanted to let you guys know that they are indeed sending out acceptance letters. Good luck to everyone who applied/interviewed.

Accepted students make sure to join the Facebook group

Hello everyone, for those of you that got in this program, congrats to you guys! I am looking to apply for the fall 2014 term. My stats arent great, well atleast not comparable to anyone on this thread (undergrad GPA: 2.62, DAT: 19 AA, 22 PAT). I have a BS in biological sciences. During my senior year, I applied to several dental schools, and got rejected from every single one, not even any interviews. Soon after graduating, I decided to take 4 upper level bio courses at another university as a non degree seeking student. I expect to finish strong this semester, and hopefully that will give me a little boost to my GPA. My biggest concern for applying to this program: will the admissions committee consider me as a qualified applicant even though my stats aren't that great? From reading all the messages on here, seems like they are interested in pre med students. I really don't want to settle for a job with a bachelors degree, I want to go furthur with my education and get a masters, possibly even apply to dental schools too. If anyone has any advice, please share. Please be honest and tell me what I can do.

If you don't mind me asking, what type of classes are you taking as a non-degree seeking student? I am thinking about doing the same and also at what school?

If you don't mind me asking, what type of classes are you taking as a non-degree seeking student? I am thinking about doing the same and also at what school?

Vertebrate physiology, evolutionary biology <-- both of these are graduate level courses
Animal parasitology, and microbiology <-- upper level undergrad courses

Hey guys for the essay portion of the application for the masters program I was confused what I can write about. Or better yet, what can make it a strong essay since its not really asking for a dental school personal statement. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Has anyone heard anything for the Fall 2014 application cycle yet?

Talk about your long term goal (which Im assuming is being a dentist), why is that your goal and how this program can help you achieve it.

They don't start looking at applications until March, so we probably won't hear any thing for a while.

Does anyone know if being an out of state applicant will hurt my chances for being accepted into the MBS dental track?

Hey everyone! I just applied March 5, waiting for them to receive my LoR. I'll keep you all posted on any status change.

Btw, anyone going to the open house Saturday? I'm out-of-state and wanted to check the campus out

So I went to the open house yesterday and spoke with a representative for the college of medical sciences. She says there's only 18 spots available for each class.. Good luck to everyone!

Anyone hear back yet?

To my understanding, they have about 28 spots (18-20 for the DO school, and the rest for dental.) This is just information I have gathered from emails and these forums. As for hearing back, I think they start reviewing applications in March but send start interviewing in April. Basically, just around the corner before we start hearing, hopefully.

Apologies for double post. There are 25 spots, 18 available for DO and rest for dental. Sorry for the misinformation

That makes sense, almost forgot the program includes pre-dental students. Thanks for that Noblegas

Can anyone provide insight on the stats that NOVA is looking for, for this program?

Also, if you will be required to retake MCAT if you are accepted with a low score of 24.

Hey!

Is there anyone on here applying for the dental tract MBS program?

That's a good question because there is very little information regarding stats. From what I understand, they look at the whole applicant as do most programs.

I do know for a fact if your stats are somewhat completive for medical school you won't be accepted to the program. For instance, if you have a decent GPA and MCAT they will encourage you to retake the MCAT and apply to DO programs. So they're really looking for students who would not be medical school applicants.

Also, if you will be required to retake MCAT if you are accepted with a low score of 24.

Nope, if you're accepted that's it.

But say you complete the program and want to apply to different medical schools then you'll want to retake the MCAT.

However, the good thing about NSU MBS program is if you maintain a "80% average" then you're offered an interview at their DO school and won't have to retake the MCAT. But say you want to apply to other schools, you'll need to retake the MCAT. In addition, NSU MBS program does not offer MCAT prep material like some other masters/post-bacc programs.

Sorry, I can't speak on behalf of the dental school..

DrReece,

Thank you for the info! Are you a previous attendee?

I'm actually applying for the upcoming school year. Waiting to hear back from admissions. I attended the open house last Saturday and met/spoke with a representative from the DO program as well as the MBS program. I made sure to ask as many questions because there's limited resources regarding this kind of stuff on their website.

You can also call them with any questions, everyone I met seems pretty nice and laid-back.

Hey!

Is there anyone on here applying for the dental tract MBS program?
Hey Khloe08, I applied for the dental track but haven't heard anything. Have you heard anything yet?

Reactions: 1 user
i submitted it about 2 weeks ago. when did u submit it? did u get a conformation on ur application?

I just submitted my app this week. I did get a conformation email. Hopefully we will hear something soon. I think interviews start mid to late April.

In case anyone was wondering I just got emailed about an interview today. My application was considered complete beginning of march too. If you're wondering about my stats they were a mixed bag in a good GPA but low MCAT and by low I mean below average. I have good research experience as well as employed by my University as a Teaching assistant for lower level Biology courses. I'd also like to think they took into account I'm graduating with honors from my university as well. My interview is next Friday so maybe I'll some of you if anyone registered for that date.

I also received an email invite for an interview today. My interview is April 7th.

Congrats! I was complete end of January. That's a bit disheartening though

Mine was late in the day like 3ish. I expect that it's just the first round of people. They interview till end of April and plenty of dates were open albeit not enticing days(Mondays-Wednesdays)

Congrats to all those who received an interview invitation. Just received a call yesterday saying there missing supporting documents.. o_O

Hopefully I'll hear back soon. I'll keep everyone posted.

Good luck everyone!!

I also received an interview invitation yesterday and chose to schedule mine for April 25th.

Good luck!

I also scheduled an interview for the end of April, but my first option was April 4. Does anyone know if your chances vary depending on when your interview is? Any information is appreciated. I am interested in the dental track.

I don't believe so, since what I've read is they wait till all the interviews are done then review them and send out acceptances what seems to be around May 14 as an estimate. I don't think dental has anything to do with it except the fact that it also seems your acceptance class is much smaller so you're interview is probably even more crucial than the medical ones.

Thanks, I am sure you guys will find out soon as well about your interviews. Does anyone know any specific details about the interview?

me don't beleive so, since what me've read is they wait till all the interveiws are done then reveiw them and send out acceptances what seems to be around May 14 as an estimate. me don't think dental has anything to do with it except the fact that it also seems your acceptance class is much smaller so you're interveiw is probably even more crucial than the medical ones.

haha Me thank you!

For those accepted into the program, I just wanted to know when does the program or classes begin? just curious