Nova Southeastern University Masters in BioMedical Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those accepted into the program, I just wanted to know when does the program or classes begin? just curious

August 5th

Members don't see this ad.

Do you guys know of the average stats needed for this program? Would 2.94 sGPA and 3.18 cGPA and 28 MCAT be competitive?

I don't believe Nova's MBS program gives out averages - it probably varies tremendously year to year since there is just a small sample size (17 on med track). I remember reading in a previous thread that they like taking students that have high GPAs but low MCATs; however, from my personal experience that's not the case at all. The best advice I could give anyone is to just apply **early** and see what happens. Dr. Dribin will know if you are a good fit for the program or not.

Any insight from those already accepted? I plan to apply for the 2015 entering class.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if a 3.6 Cumulative and 3.5 Science GPA, 19 MCAT will be competitive for this program? I love Nova and really would like to go there to medical school one day.

Reactions: 1 user
Can someone accepted last year tell me if they had already completed biochem before applying. I won't be taking it until the spring semester so right when I'd be applying.

Reactions: 2 users
Can someone accepted last year tell me if they had already completed biochem before applying. I won't be taking it until the spring semester so right when I'd be applying.

I think as long as they see you are taking it in your unofficial transcripts you should be fine. I know that it just must be completed prior to matriculation. I just finished it this semester.

can anybody comment on the expense of the program. I've looked into a number of other post bacc masters programs, and the most they usually cost is in the mid 20,000's. This one is 36,000 and that was only last years cost, so I'm guessing we can expect it to go up. Anybody know why?

Another questions: Since Nova likes to see a 28 Mcat score, do you think they are accepting anyone in their masters program without it. Also anyone know the number of students that go on to their COM. Would love to hear from someone whose in the program now or whose been in it in the past. Or just let me know your name so I can DM you. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if we can use our LORs from AACOMAS to apply for this program?

Does anyone know if this program accepts community college credits when doing grade replacement like with DO programs?

Currently in the process of retaking classes to fix GPA in the hopes of applying to DO schools. Doesn't seem like a bad idea to apply to this as well if I get no luck with DO schools but I'm not sure if they'll accept the classes I retake at CC

Hey guys, can someone please give me a further insight into how tight the linkage is between NSU's 1-year master's program and their osteopathic medical school? i.e., How many people are in the master's, how many apply to NSU COM and how many end up matriculating? Is it a direct linkage program as in, if you get in the NSU MBS program, you just have to maintain a certain average (80%?) in order to be granted guaranteed admission? Or is it guaranteed interview?
Their FAQ section of their website doesn't answer these questions so I'd greatly appreciate it if someone can help!