not enough vacation time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What did Rokshana do to get on the Bad Boy list????
Bad Girl*

She sometimes gets a bit snappy, so that's my bet on what happened. I don't think we're supposed to speculate, though the rules regarding public discussion of moderation have loosened over the years.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Bad Girl*

She sometimes gets a bit snappy, so that's my bet on what happened. I don't think we're supposed to speculate, though the rules regarding public discussion of moderation have loosened over the years.
You are welcome to speculate. But hopefully you all have better things to do.

But the mod/admin staff does not comment on infractions.

Reactions: 1 user
You are welcome to speculate. But hopefully you all have better things to do.

But the mod/admin staff does not comment on infractions.

I was told this was changed a year or two ago and now it can be discussed to some degree for more transparency.

Reactions: 3 users
Did you read my posts? Chief resident asked me to pick a two week period. Website and benefits package was stating 15 vacation days. After asking the Program coordinator and the same Chief, they both stated it is 2 weeks that we get. So i guess weekends are included in the vacation days.
I never once stated I had more than 2 weeks.
Ahh...so I think I see the disconnect.

Are you comparing what the GME office says vs what the department says?

They may not be the same. In my residency hospital, the GME office stated we had 4 weeks off per year and 5 days of sick leave/personal days. Trouble was, the specialty department had different rules and those were the ones followed (3 weeks off which was technically 15 days and no sick leave; we were required to sell it back). Websites are also notoriously wrong and may not reflect individual department variations/not be updated etc.

Its not unheard of to have 2 weeks, although they usually do not include the weekends (and thus call it 10 days).

Nope - black box with no transparency, and no appeal. People you've NEVER heard of doling out justice.
No @ThoracicGuy is correct. The policy has changed and there is no reason why it cannot be discussed, assuming there is no personal information revealed.

As far as "people you've never heard of": we have over 100 staff members and all are able to moderate site wide. Its not possible for it to be done by just a few given how large SDN is now. So it may be a moderator you're not as familiar with.

I am not intimately involved in the Rokshana event so don't know the inciting incident but she had numerous warnings, and was on probation a couple of months ago and yet continued to flaunt the TOS..

Reactions: 4 users
No @ThoracicGuy is correct. The policy has changed and there is no reason why it cannot be discussed, assuming there is no personal information revealed.

As far as "people you've never heard of": we have over 100 staff members and all are able to moderate site wide. Its not possible for it to be done by just a few given how large SDN is now. So it may be a moderator you're not as familiar with.

I am not intimately involved in the Rokshana event so don't know the inciting incident but she had numerous warnings, and was on probation a couple of months ago and yet continued to flaunt the TOS..
Good to see you back! Honest truth, I've missed you here. So, do you disagree with @gutonc , who states that mods do not comment on infractions? Clarity works best, or, at least, I believe.

And, as for "people I've not heard of", it's a bad look for those people who come out of the dark, wield whatever powers, then fade back into grey. But, again, just my opinion.

I sometimes get a bit confused about what it says around someone's user name and what the actual punishment is. Can you tell us if this is actually just a post hold or is this a true ban?

Reactions: 1 users

I stand corrected here.

I sometimes get a bit confused about what it says around someone's user name and what the actual punishment is. Can you tell us if this is actually just a post hold or is this a true ban?
For reasons I don't really understand, the software we use for the site now allows multiple different ways to accomplish the same disciplinary action and the result will appear differently depending on how it was done. I find it annoying too.

This particular one is not a permanent ban.

Reactions: 4 users
For reasons I don't really understand, the software we use for the site now allows multiple different ways to accomplish the same disciplinary action and the result will appear differently depending on how it was done. I find it annoying too.

This particular one is not a permanent ban.
Thanks for clarifying

Reactions: 1 users