New Jersey Schools Part II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard of any scholarship information for either NJMS or RWJ this year? I know RWJ gives out those Dean Scholarships, and I was wondering if anyone received one of those yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard of any scholarship information for either NJMS or RWJ this year? I know RWJ gives out those Dean Scholarships, and I was wondering if anyone received one of those yet.

Curious about this too. It was interesting to learn during my visit that your interviewer suggests to the ADCOM, on the feedback form, whether you are eligible for a scholarship or not.

Curious about this too. It was interesting to learn during my visit that your interviewer suggests to the ADCOM, on the feedback form, whether you are eligible for a scholarship or not.

Wow really?

Members don't see this ad :)
i got a letter from rwj after my interview that i am in the "very competitive pool" and a decision on my application will be made in february. does anyone know when rwj reconsiders these applications?

exacto when was your interview and when did you get the letter?

Apparently RWJ is still accepting people. My friend just got in this week so have hope guys!

Anyone' s request for an interview while they interviewing for another school been honored? I have an interview at RWJ coming up and I let NJMS know I would be in the area. I sent an email and called 2X and all they can tell me is that they give out interviews through February 29!!!! :eek:(That'll be too late!!!) They really didn't seem to care like other schools who were willing to oblige. Should I called it quits and end my interview run in peace???:confused::sleep:

Are you trying to reschedule or get an invite? I'm sure they'd be willing to reschedule if you're in the area at that time but otherwise it's not very likely they'd give you an invite because you're in the area.

Anyone' s request for an interview while they interviewing for another school been honored? I have an interview at RWJ coming up and I let NJMS know I would be in the area. I sent an email and called 2X and all they can tell me is that they give out interviews through February 29!!!! :eek:(That'll be too late!!!) They really didn't seem to care like other schools who were willing to oblige. Should I called it quits and end my interview run in peace???:confused::sleep:
good luck getting one with NJMS :luck: Dr. H basically told me "this application cycles was very competitive..."

<sigh>

Last edited:
:-\ I'll be there the 25th too. Oh well :(

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed three weeks ago and I'm really losing my mind waiting to hear back

Anyone else got ANY news recently??? interviewed 4 weeks ago... so far... nada

adcom meets tuesdays... lets keep those phones on.

guys i interviewed december 21st at njms. anyone interview before then and still no news? i guess i should start calling them.

Got the call from Dr. T tonight! In.

Now the big one... stay in NJ or venture off to Chicago... expect one of those "___vs___" threads any day now.

congrats folks! Whether RWJMS or NJMS (NJMS is better though.)

guys i interviewed december 21st at njms. anyone interview before then and still no news? i guess i should start calling them.

I interviewed the first week of Dec... and still no word! I have also called several times, and was given the same response "No decision has been made."

BEST OF LUCK THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!

NJDIF, I'm from Chicago and I'd give my right arm for NJMS. Stick with Jersey!

Anyone know when the NJMS adcom meets? It's been almost 8 weeks since my interview and the anxiety grows with each passing day. Thanks and good luck to those who are also waiting to hear.

congrats folks! Whether RWJMS or NJMS (NJMS is better though.)

Boooyaaaahhhh!!!! I got my official rejection from RWJ today! How awesome....so NJMS it is. Haha NJMS has cooler people anyway IMO. Congrats to everyone though!

caliprincess i got the wonderful rejection as well. oh well, at least they gave me SOME kind of news either way!

caliprincess i got the wonderful rejection as well. oh well, at least they gave me SOME kind of news either way!

As of today, I too am now an official member of the club. So...anyone...NJMS...know when to be expecting news?

For anyone wondering when the adcom at NJMS meets...

Last time I checked, they met on Thursdays. However, I am not sure if its weekly, bi-weekly, etc. You could always call and ask....

For anyone wondering when the adcom at NJMS meets...

Last time I checked, they met on Thursdays. However, I am not sure if its weekly, bi-weekly, etc. You could always call and ask....

Thanks I appreciate it :)

according to their website they meet weekly but they're a few weeks behind

i just got the rejection email
guess were not good enough for stamps

Just got the waitlist letter from NJMS today...it said they wont be reviewing alternate list applications until June 1st :scared:. Does anyone know how fast this list moves or know of anyone who has gotten in after put on the alt. list?

One of my best friends was waitlisted there a couple years ago and got accepted the week before class started. Good luck Phenol.

Got the alternate list letter today too. Pretty much game over?

Has anyone from the very competitive category heard anything yet? [RWJ said they would get back to us sometime in February.]

Does NJMS categorize its wait list like RWJ does :confused:

Also, is there anyway to find out where you are on it?

Call and ask. I'm pretty sure they will tell you which 3rd of the wl you are in.

Does NJMS categorize its wait list like RWJ does :confused:

Also, is there anyway to find out where you are on it?

If they do I don't think they volunteer the information to applicants. Sorry to hear about the waitlists guys.. I was waitlisted my first round and accepted on reapplication. Do not give up, but you should start to think about addressing any perceived weaknesses in your apps and even planning to add a new activity or two for reapplication.

Good luck guys. One way or another, if you want it enough you can have it.

I interviewed at RWJ on 1/26. Has anyone who interviewed at the end of January heard back yet? Are there even spots left or are we automatically waitlisted?

i also received my rejection email from RWJ earlier this week.. and i'm hoping NJMS can give some good news but from what im reading things arent looking well..

seems like a lot of ppl got rejection letters from RWJ this week :(

...I haven't gotten an interview but I haven't gotten a rejection email either. Are they still interviewing or did i slip through the cracks?

Phenol,

Did you receive the alternate list notification from NJMS via email or post? I got a letter, but am wondering if we got different things. What did the email say?

I got a letter in the mail about two days ago...I interviewed at the end of January.

Do you think the class is full and that's why we were put on the alternate list, or we just didn't make the cut? Expect there will be much movement?