New Jersey Schools Part II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You guys..

I got in yesterday! I am so happy! Dean H is ridiculously nice, we were playing phone tag for a couple of days when he finally called me from his cell. Good luck to everyone. I am almost certain that I am going to NJMS.

Congrats Bella and welcome to the club!

Members don't see this ad.

Do any of you guys know whether NJMS or RWJ are still accepting? Are they just interviewing for waitlists now; or, what's the story on that?
why didn't anyone answer?? I want to know...

why didn't anyone answer?? I want to know...

Got waitlisted at NJMS on Monday and I emailed RWJ. RWJ said the adcom meets 3x a month so hopefully I'll get some news from there. And the news better be good!!

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats bellacnella see you in the fall! i can't wait to start :banana:

Hey underpressure, Thanks and congrats to you too, future classmate! :hello:

I recently got a waitlist at NJMS, called to find out what third I am on and the lady said that they don't rank them yet, they are all just in a pile. That first week of June is when they establish the rankings, thought that might help some of you who are wondering about that.

thats good news...i have an appointment with Dr. H early in april to discuss my application. Do you think if i mention the fact that ive started volunteering at my local hospital since the interview that that would be something they would take into consideration when they rank? Or do they only consider the activities on the AMCAS?

To everyone on the waitlist or who hasn't gotten a response yet keep showing interest in the school and don't give up. I'm pretty sure the only reason I got in was persistence and consistently writing letters or emails and explaining why I wanted to be there and what I would contribute to the class. I was really expecting a rejection letter saying "please stop annoying us and enjoy life as an RN". My numbers are average at best and I was pretty stupid about filling out my AMCAS application and didn't put a lot of thought into it. So at the least it can't hurt to keep updating your file if you have anything to add just to show you're interested and really want to be there.

To everyone on the waitlist or who hasn't gotten a response yet keep showing interest in the school and don't give up. I'm pretty sure the only reason I got in was persistence and consistently writing letters or emails and explaining why I wanted to be there and what I would contribute to the class. I was really expecting a rejection letter saying "please stop annoying us and enjoy life as an RN". My numbers are average at best and I was pretty stupid about filling out my AMCAS application and didn't put a lot of thought into it. So at the least it can't hurt to keep updating your file if you have anything to add just to show you're interested and really want to be there.

She's right. I sent a total of 3 update letters to this school, and sent my spring grades. It can only help, I think. Also, Dean Heinrich is awesome, if you want to go there and its too late for this year, def. contact him to help you for next year. He really cares about students.

UMDNJ has got to have the quickest and most user friendly financial aid application. i did the entire thing in about 35 min. if anyone has any questions, ill do my best to help.

UMDNJ has got to have the quickest and most user friendly financial aid application. i did the entire thing in about 35 min. if anyone has any questions, ill do my best to help.

Are you just referring to RWJ... because NJMS has a $hitload of fin aid papers on their website, not to mention all the health documents !

Members don't see this ad :)
i called NJMS a few days ago (i still havent heard anything) and i was told since i didnt get an interview invite yet, the chance of me getting an interview this late is very very slim...

:(

i called NJMS a few days ago (i still havent heard anything) and i was told since i didnt get an interview invite yet, the chance of me getting an interview this late is very very slim...

:(

Hi Jae9970,

I am sorry you didn't hear from them. I know how much you wanted to go. Are you waiting to hear from anywhere else, and are you going to reapply? Best wishes.

Hey guys,

So I emailed Ms. Kramer from RWJMS yesterday and she told me that I am on the agenda for the Admissions Committee meeting later on today. So, I hope all of you are supporting me at this important juncture. I was wondering if anybody knows how long it takes Dr. T to make the calls for acceptance and when I should figure it out that I am not accepted. Thanks and hopefully, I will be in medical school soon!!:luck:

Anybody hear anything yet from RWJMS who was scheduled to be on the Adcom meeting agenda today? Let me know!!! I am waiting in suspense...

Sorry, but how long does it take after the RWJMS adcom meets to get an acceptance call? What's the latest point to expect such a call so I know that the hard reality has set in?

You should hear back soon, probably within a week or two.

can someone post NJMS match list please??

Indeed. I'm the slow one here; I still have to send them my 1040 and W-2 forms. :rolleyes:

As to everybody else who are still waiting to hear back from UMDNJ, don't fret over it; everything should be more or less in stone by the first two weeks of April.

Indeed. I'm the slow one here; I still have to send them my 1040 and W-2 forms. :rolleyes:

As to everybody else who are still waiting to hear back from UMDNJ, don't fret over it; everything should be more or less in stone by the first two weeks of April.

Don't forget the online Entrance Interview too.

Don't forget the online Entrance Interview too.

Yeah; that was the easy part. UMDNJ sent me a *threatening* letter w/ a list of things I should do regarding my financial aid. The Entrance Interview was one of those things...

...it took about 10min to do.

my cousin graduated NJMS two years ago. he said his fellow residents are all wallowing in a quarter million (+) dollars worth of debt while hes making his low monthly payments.

he told me that cost shouldnt be the only thing to consider when choosing a med school, but its pretty damn important. good advice.

So I had heard that Dr. T will be out for the week and that no one will know for a few days or even a week. Thus, it has been quiet on the Western front...

So I had heard that Dr. T will be out for the week and that no one will know for a few days or even a week. Thus, it has been quiet on the Western front...

BTW, Have you petitioned NJMS yet? While waiting for RWJ, maybe it's best to write to NJMS expressing your interest.

BTW, Have you petitioned NJMS yet? While waiting for RWJ, maybe it's best to write to NJMS expressing your interest.

Well, I have sent an update of my application a day after the dated alternate notification letter to UMDNJ-NJMS. I understand that they do not have an update of my status until June 1. Is there a HP Alternate List or is it just one waitlist this year at NJMS? Anyways, I am considering doing it since it may make a difference. In the words of my advisor, "The squeakiest wheel gets the most oil!"

i was told at both UMDs that a waitlist this year means dont hold your breath.

hey no problem, im in the same boat.

hey no problem, im in the same boat.

I hear 'ya. The moment I got my waitlist letter from RWJ, I sent an e-mail asking for my application to be withdrawn. Plus, I didn't like the school anyway...

Is anyone else on the high priority alternate list?

Well, whoever said that we would hear in a week from RWJ must know more than me. I had no call and I called my house and parents told me no letter yet. We'll see what happens I guess...

Hey guys, so I got a call from my mom and told me that I just received a letter from RWJMS. It was scanned and emailed over to me and here is what is written:
March 26, 2008

Dear ___________:

I hope you enjoyed your interview day at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. The Admissions Committee has met and has selected your application to be among those in the very competitive category. A decision regarding acceptance or placement on our alternate list will be made in April, 2008.

Please do not hesitate to call me or Ms. Meryle Kramer if we can be of further assistance.
Thank you for your interest in our medical school. We will be in touch as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Carol A. Terregino, M.D.
Associate Dean for Admissions
Chairman,
.Admissions Committee

I was wondering if there were any other SDNer out there that got this same letter this week. I also wondering if there are any other SDNer that got this letter at any point of the admissions cycle and what was the final decision made. What are my chances of getting in at this point and what should I do, if there is anything, to maximize the chance of getting an acceptance call? Give me your thoughts.

I recently received such a letter from UMaryland. To me, this probably means that you would've been accepted, but the class is full, and they're waiting for people to drop out before offering you any promises.

This means there is still hope, albeit a bit small...

Talked to Dr. H the other day and found out that last year no one was accepted off the alternate list at NJMS last year. He said that this year was shaping up to be like last year but he withheld from making any predictions.

He did give me some good news though. I'm keeping my fingers crossed to get off the waitlist and I'll be volunteering at my local hospital in the meantime so that I wont have that holding be back for 2009.

can someone post NJMS match list please??

I don't think the match list is online, but if you stop by campus it is hanging on the wall in the Dean of Student Affairs office (1 door down from the admissions office). I took a look at it today. Lots of people matched to surgery, neuro, ortho, and some awesome programs for IM, peds, etc.

I don't know if you have been noticing but RWJMS is still accepting people. Is NJMS still accepting people as of the moment?

Hey guys, I've been in contact with Dr. H and crew for a while now and I had a meeting with them on thursday. They basically told me that if you are waitlisted at either nj school, chances are very slim. I was told that as of right now, in their priority grouping, I'd be the first, but because last year neither school had to touch the wait list, theres basically no hope there. I'm going to be reapplying in the fall, hopefully with a stronger application. Good luck to you all, maybe ill see you in school with me some day.

Hey guys, I've been in contact with Dr. H and crew for a while now and I had a meeting with them on thursday. They basically told me that if you are waitlisted at either nj school, chances are very slim. I was told that as of right now, in their priority grouping, I'd be the first, but because last year neither school had to touch the wait list, theres basically no hope there. I'm going to be reapplying in the fall, hopefully with a stronger application. Good luck to you all, maybe ill see you in school with me some day.

I see. I heard different from some of the SDNers who are applying to RWJMS. They say that HPWL do get an offer of admission, and just the other day, two SDNers got in their. Btw, I am not currently waitlisted but I am not accepted either; I am in limbo as RWJ meets in mid-May to decide once and for all.

anyone else high priority?

rwj high priority here. might withdraw next week though so good luck to all.

rwj hp as well. Not sure when we'll be hearing back...it seems like only a handful so far. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting!

i'm curious as to how many people are actually on this high priority list. in past years it seems there was a lot more, at least on sdn.

congrats on your other acceptances, cuba, and good luck with the cornell waitlist.

zephyr is rwj your first choice?

hi jdecoast,

yup, rwj is my top choice. i'm curious too about how large our list is. i called the admissions office yesterday and ms. kramer said that the class is still very overbooked. is this typically what's said at this time of the year, or is this an anomaly? i'm anxious to hear back from them since i'm leaving the country in a couple wks to visit family and correspondence will the patchy at best. oh well, i guess.....

I'm also RWJMS high priority and still waiting. Camden City representing!

It would be so great to be able to take the 419 bus from my house to class in the morning...

Good luck to everyone.

hate to sound like a broken record here but any news or speculation on NJMS waitlist movement?