New Jersey Schools Part II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the phone call from NJMS - - - - I'm in! :cool:

Interview: 11/12
Phone Call: 12/31
Wait Time: 7wks

To my fellow November interviewees - - - - there's still hope!!

Hey, congrats!!! I see you interviewed at RWJ too. Do you know which school you would lean towards if you were accepted to both?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know when classes at RWJ start around? Looking at the academic calender in the Student Handbook it really only has orientation start dates...do regular classes start right after I guess?

Congrats descentfan and anyone I missed! Everyone else, crossin' my fingers for ya!

Members don't see this ad :)
waitlisted...again...i totally dont understand what it takes to get into njms

Sorry to hear that, bud.. Don't take this the wrong way, but did you improve your application since last cycle? Where do you think the weakness might be?

anyone goin to NJMS tomorrow?

I finally got an interview invite from RWJ. Yay! Has anyone interviewed at the Camden Campus?

Hmm so I interviewed at RWJ December 5th (Camden campus)... which means I didn't really get a lot of information regarding the admissions/rejection process. I was told though that it woudl be 4-6 weeks before I heard an answer. Is it safe to assume that it will be closer to 6 weeks due to the holidays? Also, do you only receive a phone call if you are accepted?

*sigh*
how long did it take ur apps to be reviewed? I'm still being reviewed in nearly all the schools i haven't been rejected from...it's so sad T__T"

I finally got an interview invite from RWJ. Yay! Has anyone interviewed at the Camden Campus?

I also interviewed at Camden (12/17/07) and will probably not hear back until the end of Jan/early Feb.

Good luck, guys!

hello, everyone

i'm an applicant who applied to both NJ medical schools this cycle, but i haven't heard a thing from them yet. I'm a PA resident but right now i work in NJ and i might be considered a NJ resident...

i live in Piscataway, 2 min away from Hoes Lane and i feel like going to the RWJ admissions office to ask but the only free times i have are during weekends. They don't open during weekends, do they??

I realize it's getting late in the cycle and i would absolutely love to have a chance to be considered at those schools. Does anybody recommend any way to show my interest? About those "appointments" with deans or representatives.. are they only for those rejected?

Is there anything i can do at this point?

You must be patient, but at this point, I advise you to give them a call and ask about your application status.

I'm an NJ resident working in NY, but I think your state of residency is determined by your address and/or tax returns.

anyone hear anything tonight? not meeeeeeee

Members don't see this ad :)
*sigh*
how long did it take ur apps to be reviewed? I'm still being reviewed in nearly all the schools i haven't been rejected from...it's so sad T__T"

it took approx. 4 months for me to hear from RWJ..i'm in state..i think its faster if they're **reeeaaallly** interested

hello, everyone

i'm an applicant who applied to both NJ medical schools this cycle, but i haven't heard a thing from them yet. I'm a PA resident but right now i work in NJ and i might be considered a NJ resident...

i live in Piscataway, 2 min away from Hoes Lane and i feel like going to the RWJ admissions office to ask but the only free times i have are during weekends. They don't open during weekends, do they??

I realize it's getting late in the cycle and i would absolutely love to have a chance to be considered at those schools. Does anybody recommend any way to show my interest? About those "appointments" with deans or representatives.. are they only for those rejected?

Is there anything i can do at this point?

Those counseling appointments are for anyone, people who haven't applied yet, people who are waitlisted, rejected, etc, so it definitely doesn't hurt to call and set up a meeting with either (or both) schools. To avoid a lengthy trip to Newark you probably could even do phone conferences.

I wouldn't just "show up" to ask about your application, though.

So, this is my first post... I interviewed the first week of Decemeber at NJMS, and have yet to hear anything! Its so hard to stay positive, isnt it? Anyone hear anything from NJMS recently, or know anymore about the time frame we can expect to get decisions????

it took approx. 4 months for me to hear from RWJ..i'm in state..i think its faster if they're **reeeaaallly** interested

XD! 9 + 4 = 13 ==> 1
i'm instate too but this is starting to get under my skin. i've applied to both njms and rwj. lol and i doubt they're really interested in me >.< idk just a feeling? i'm resisting the urge to call once a week. maybe once a mth is ok? (.-.)

So, this is my first post... I interviewed the first week of Decemeber at NJMS, and have yet to hear anything! Its so hard to stay positive, isnt it? Anyone hear anything from NJMS recently, or know anymore about the time frame we can expect to get decisions????

I had my second interview at NJMS in early Novemeber and I still have yet to hear anything...

I had my second interview at NJMS in early Novemeber and I still have yet to hear anything...

So... this could REALLY be a while. I keep STARING at my phone (I'm fairly sure they aren't going to call at 2 AM, but JUST IN CASE!). I'm going to need some serious therapy after all this.

im just HOPING and hoping for an interview.....

i got an invite to RWJ yesterday, and they said they are "backlogged" with applicants to schedule, and would let me know when the next available date to interview is.

what the hell is this?

also, this late in the game, am i interviewing for a spot on the waitlist?

i got an invite to RWJ yesterday, and they said they are "backlogged" with applicants to schedule, and would let me know when the next available date to interview is.

what the hell is this?

I got the same message. I really like the school and would looooovvvee to get in, but is it worth it to fly across the country and let it eat away at my savings? ._. :scared::rolleyes:

what the hell is this?

That's weird. I got an invite last week for an interview this week. They must just do a lot of interviews in January. I really don't think they'd just be interviewing for the waitlist already.

what the hell is this?

I must agree with Runner. Last year I interviewed for RWJ on the last day in Jan and was not accepted until the end of April. They definitely take a while to get back to students. But you are not interviewing for a waitlist spot. Good Luck!!!!!:luck:

bump

Anyone else sure they are going to RWJ?

yeah, I thought it was really helpful! Were you there?

another question: did they call to invite or was it an email or snailmail?
and word on the therapy...

Would it be a bad idea to call the office to get an interview date set up or should I wait for at least 2 weeks before saying anything? (I got that email with the TBD interview date a week ago).....

Congrats to everyone else who's made it in or interviewed!!! :)

you can try to call..they are really nice in the admissions office. When I got my interview invite I was only planning on being in the US for another week or so before going back to Mexico...there were no interview spots open but they helped me to get one so that I wouldn't make a seperate trip back. Um I guess im trying to say that theyre really friendly and accomodating even though they are taking a long time to get back to me post-interview!

you can try to call..they are really nice in the admissions office. When I got my interview invite I was only planning on being in the US for another week or so before going back to Mexico...there were no interview spots open but they helped me to get one so that I wouldn't make a seperate trip back. Um I guess im trying to say that theyre really friendly and accomodating even though they are taking a long time to get back to me post-interview!

Thanks!

Haven't heard anything from NJMS... Its been over six weeks.. The silence is deafening. :scared:

hey dont worry... i called NJMS today and they said they are backed up, and a few committee meetings got pushed off. i wouldnt get too worried.

hey dont worry... i called NJMS today and they said they are backed up, and a few committee meetings got pushed off. i wouldnt get too worried.

Hahah... easier said than done! But it is nice to know that its not necessarily a bad thing to not have heard from them yet! Thanks for the info!!!

So after having 2 interviews and waiting forever I found a nice little letter from NJMS in my mail today...

I got waitlisted, which I think is pretty funny, but just wanted to update those of you that may still be waiting

So after having 2 interviews and waiting forever I found a nice little letter from NJMS in my mail today...

I got waitlisted, which I think is pretty funny, but just wanted to update those of you that may still be waiting

Wow you interviewed in mid September and just now received your decision? That's crazy

I talked to my contact in admissions and he says that they are extremely backed up. I got an interview mid-November and I have not heard anything back from them. Kind of scary because a lot of the med students and my contact say that anything after december is probably more than likely waitlist. I also got an interview with RWJ but who knows when they will email me back to schedule an interview.

:scared:

Kind of scary because a lot of the med students and my contact say that anything after december is probably more than likely waitlist.

I was at NJMS for the accepted students luncheon on dec. 4th and dr. h sat at our table for a little while... someone asked him whether the class was full and he said yes, that the class is pretty much full and that there will be very few outright acceptances being offered post december/january. he said that they like to have the accepted student luncheon in december because usually the class is essentially full by then... his exact words at the lunch were "these are your classmates." i realize this is disappointing news but if i were still waiting i would want to know what he said. he didn't really give us any concrete numbers either so who knows what "very few" is. just fyi.

can someone confirm if the committee at NJMS meets on Tuesdays or Thursdays and if it is weekly or fortnightly?

OMGOMGOMG Dean T from RWJ called my house today at 5:15. I was sitting by my cell all depressed bc no call and I get home and my mom said there was a msg from Dean. T saying she had news for me.
So does this mean i got in?!
ahh omg

HAHAHAH how many do u have a day?! youre crazy!!!!

just kidding xanthooooo, the only person who responds to me :)

wait, xantho, did you get accepted too? from your icon/status or whatever, it seems like you have. in that case, congratulations! if not, then just ignore me.

congratulations surferdoc! that is wonderful news. this thread had started getting depressing.

for those who are wondering about njms, i interviewed in the first week of october, and got a letter back in the beginning of december saying that i was waitlisted. i didn't think they would start waitlisting people who interviewed so early, as it's hard to believe they would have filled the class with september interviews already. so basically, i gather that being waitlisted doesn't necessarily mean that the class is full. so others who are still waiting may get an acceptance. it really didn't matter to me though, because i have my heart set on rwj, and i got the call in october. but even so, i have to admit that my ego was a tad bruised to know that njms would waitlist me that early in the game. oh well, their loss :p