New Fellowship position @ Mayo Clinic, Rochester: Pulmonary only!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Super Turrican

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I just came to know that they will have a new fellowship option at my home program. One spot for 2 years Pulmonary only track starting next match season. We will have all options: 3 years PCCM combined, 2 years Critical Care and 2 years Pulm!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone able to shed some light on this program? I know it's very new, but any information would be great. In particular, worthwhile for IMG (Canadian) to apply?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Let's put it this way, the future of Pulm CCM will be separate. Do one or the other for happiness, both is beneficial now but talk to a 55 yo in the field and I'd be surprised if they said any differently than my first sentence.

Let's put it this way, the future of Pulm CCM will be separate. Do one or the other for happiness, both is beneficial now but talk to a 55 yo in the field and I'd be surprised if they said any differently than my first sentence.

What employment opportunities do you see for a Pulmonary fellowship trained physician (no CCM)? For example, an inpatient/outpatient model, vent management on stepdown and MICU units, bronchoscopy etc

What employment opportunities do you see for a Pulmonary fellowship trained physician (no CCM)? For example, an inpatient/outpatient model, vent management on stepdown and MICU units, bronchoscopy etc

Inpatient and outpatient consults, LTAC opportunities, building a center of excellence in your field of interest. Open icu is also a possibility if that's your cup of tea. I haven't seen many pulm only docs but the fact that Mayo is opening one despite having pccm and ccm, I'd take a notion of that.