Neutering dogs is against the law in Norway?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I did actually know this because I worked with a veterinarian from Norway. She explained to me that most people use neutering to "correct" behaviors. In her exact words," we believe in training, not just cuting something off in hopes your animal will stop marking or being aggressive."

Members don't see this ad :)
I think a professor told our class that neutering was illegal in much of the UK because they viewed it as "cruel". Interesting two different worlds perspectives.

I don't think they euthanize the number of dogs that we do here in the US.

Neutering is legal in the UK.
Scandinavia does not have the overpopulation issue that much of the world does.
Does that go for cats too? I can't imagine living with intact cats.

Neutering is legal in the UK.
Scandinavia does not have the overpopulation issue that much of the world does.
Does that go for cats too? I can't imagine living with intact cats.
Does anyone know (or venture a guess) why Scandinavia does not have the over-population issues that much of the world has? It can't be just because of cold winters since Russia has a stray dog over-population problem--another country that doesn't really spay/neuter their pets given my experiences.

Did she forget about the other minor details of population control and some health issues:confused:

They don't have issues with population control, she said everyone is extremely responsible over there. As for medical issues, we didn't go there.