ASPCA Spay/Neuter Alliance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoonToBeDVM25

Reaction score
Hello, 4th year at University of Wisconsin here. I’m wondering if anyone else is externing with ASPCA Spay/Neuter Alliance (formerly known as Humane Alliance) in Asheville, NC. I’ll be there from June 23-July 5 and it would be awesome to know at least someone before arriving. Any former externs have tips on how to make the most of this experience, or things you wish you had known? Any and all info is appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, 4th year at University of Wisconsin here. I’m wondering if anyone else is externing with ASPCA Spay/Neuter Alliance (formerly known as Humane Alliance) in Asheville, NC. I’ll be there from June 23-July 5 and it would be awesome to know at least someone before arriving. Any former externs have tips on how to make the most of this experience, or things you wish you had known? Any and all info is appreciated. Thanks!

One of my good friends just got hired there as a tech!!

I'll be there in September! I've known a lot of people that have gone and they highly recommend the hiking and the breweries in the area. Haven't heard as much about the actual externship part :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Go to Noble Cider! It's pretty close by and my favourite cider in NC. And yeah if you like beer the city is basically a mecca of breweries.

It's been a couple years but this was a fantastic externship. I still use some of the techniques I learned daily in surgery. :)

It's been a couple years but this was a fantastic externship. I still use some of the techniques I learned daily in surgery. :)

Ditto! I had a great time. Their doctors and techs are excellent teachers, the area is beautiful, and there is lots to do in down time. Have fun and absorb!

Random question, but how far in advance did you apply for an externship? I heard it fills up super quickly so I'm wondering if I should start thinking about it as a second year?

Reactions: 1 user
Random question, but how far in advance did you apply for an externship? I heard it fills up super quickly so I'm wondering if I should start thinking about it as a second year?
Yes! I applied fall of my second year and they were booking 2019 dates at that time. I ended up having to move some things around and will now be there end of January!

Reactions: 1 users