Need Opinion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arbelm1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately,
I think you should be concerned with your PAT score. You really rocked the other sections, but dental schools definitely hold the PAT in high regard. Now, if were reading comprehension or QR that you scored the 15 in, you might be a little better off. Good luck.

I failed to mention...of course you have a chance! :thumbup:

I would be willing to bet $100 that you are going to get many responses from Dental Schools most likely asking you to re-take the exam.... but here's the awesome thing - they will only look at your improved PAT score. I know 3 students from around the country who got in that way. I am certain their are many many more! Your GPA is great, your science scores are phenomenal, and you have great experience. Consider yourself part of the class of 2011. Oh, my advice to you right now... practice PAT at least 2 hours a day. Make your own drawings, do as many practice tests as possible (repeat practice tests as much as possible). Good luck!
P.S. I'm jealous! ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I would not retake it. That would be pretty pathetic if a school would turn you away with complete disregard to all those other great scores. I believe it would be different if you had that 15 with a bunch of 17s and 18s, but you are solid in my opinion. Additionally, you don't want to risk a decrease in the other sections if you did retake it. Declines never look good. I say enough with the speculation and call the academic affairs office of your school of interest and see for youself. You may be surprised :)

they wont turn him away... they just want their statistics to remain high. There is a lot of politics in this... I am sure you all know. They will most likely ask you to retake the PAT portion (which you cant do)... but you basically know why you are retaking it!

rsweeney said:
I would not retake it. That would be pretty pathetic if a school would turn you away with complete disregard to all those other great scores. I believe it would be different if you had that 15 with a bunch of 17s and 18s, but you are solid in my opinion. Additionally, you don't want to risk a decrease in the other sections if you did retake it. Declines never look good. I say enough with the speculation and call the academic affairs office of your school of interest and see for youself. You may be surprised :)