Opinions needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PBPL

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took my DAT.... 18 TS. 17 AA.
Worth applying?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Can't tell without more stats. GPA, Extracurriculars, etc.

Someone applying with a 4.0 and a 17 AA is a lot different than someone applying with a 3.0 and a 17 AA.

Can't tell without more stats. GPA, Extracurriculars, etc.

Someone applying with a 4.0 and a 17 AA is a lot different than someone applying with a 3.0 and a 17 AA.
GPA in hygiene school 3.9
GPA for BA 3.6
Have been a hygienist for three years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I would apply, but can you consider retaking meanwhile applying?
You should apply to many schools though 12-15

If I have few thousands dollars around, I would give it a shot, if not, I would spend $420 for the DAT

Yes that's the dilemma ... Is it worth applying...
why don't you retake? are you just tired or are you afraid that by applying late you won't get in.
But if you get high scores, your chances will be much higher thank now if not for this cycle then for the next one.

why don't you retake? are you just tired or are you afraid that by applying late you won't get in.
But if you get high scores, your chances will be much higher thank now if not for this cycle then for the next one.
The fear is there that I might not do better with the mind set of "you have to get it done". And it might be too late for this cycle if I decide to retake.

I'd retake the DAT and apply next cycle. Doing well enough on the retake combined with your previous dental experience and pretty good GPA would make you a strong applicant at a lot of schools. Right now, the odds aren't in your favor.

The fear is there that I might not do better with the mind set of "you have to get it done". And it might be too late for this cycle if I decide to retake.

and you might walk out, drive your car, get hit by someone and something bad happen
The possibilities are endless. I just think you have a chance if you score well.

You think you will score lower? You might score higher, who knows! Your re-take is inevitable. So you might as well do it now when the information is still fresh in your mind.

Like feralis said retake and apply next year, but if you retook and got stellar scores I would apply this cycle too. If you are still in September, might be late but worth trying ( if you can afford it).
Why waste a year if you can help it.

How did you prepare, what happened, what made you take 18 17

But in the end, follow your heart, if you feel you can get accepted with 18, you might. Just be sincere, give them a great personal statement, be great in the interview and life can surprise you.

Ps. I know it's rare, but it happens and I know Touro is not accredited yet.

I'd retake the DAT and apply next cycle. Doing well enough on the retake combined with your previous dental experience and pretty good GPA would make you a strong applicant at a lot of schools. Right now, the odds aren't in your favor.
Thank you. I might apply and see what happens. But I will definitely retake in 3mo as well.

and you might walk out, drive your car, get hit by someone and something bad happen
The possibilities are endless. I just think you have a chance if you score well.

You think you will score lower? You might score higher, who knows! Your re-take is inevitable. So you might as well do it now when the information is still fresh in your mind.

Like feralis said retake and apply next year, but if you retook and got stellar scores I would apply this cycle too. If you are still in September, might be late but worth trying ( if you can afford it).
Why waste a year if you can help it.

How did you prepare, what happened, what made you take 18 17

But in the end, follow your heart, if you feel you can get accepted with 18, you might. Just be sincere, give them a great personal statement, be great in the interview and life can surprise you.

Ps. I know it's rare, but it happens and I know Touro is not accredited yet.

Thank you. I will apply and see what happens. You never know.