Opinion on my DAT scores (Should I write American or even rewrite?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dgap16

Reaction score
Currently a junior at a Canadian university and am looking to apply to both Canada and U.S schools in 2019! I recently wrote the Canadian DAT a couple months ago and got:

21 AA
23 GC
18 BIO
20 TS
18 PAT
21 RC

cumulative GPA: 3.79

I'm looking to apply in the upcoming cycle and am looking for any insight on these stats and what people would recommend doing. I don't know whether to keep these scores, risk writing the aDAT in the summer, or even potentially re-writing the Canadian DAT in November (only offered 2x a year).

Thank you and any advice would be appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

Well you have good DAT scores and a decent GPA so you could probably get into dental school without having to rewrite.

But if you do want to take the DAT again, I would avoid taking the american DAT under any circumstances since it's much more difficult than the Canadian DAT (you'll have to study organic chemistry and quantitive reasoning in addition to the other sections). So if I were you, I would just apply with your current scores and retake the Canadian DAT during the fall. If your scores are better, you can tell the CDA to mail your new scores to AADSAS. If you do worse, then no need to update your AADSAS account.

Reactions: 1 users
Well you have good DAT scores and a decent GPA so you could probably get into dental school without having to rewrite.

But if you do want to take the DAT again, I would avoid taking the american DAT under any circumstances since it's much more difficult than the Canadian DAT (you'll have to study organic chemistry and quantitive reasoning in addition to the other sections). So if I were you, I would just apply with your current scores and retake the Canadian DAT during the fall. If your scores are better, you can tell the CDA to mail your new scores to AADSAS. If you do worse, then no need to update your AADSAS account.

Thank you so much for your advice :) Noted.