NAVLE Score Transfers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjmanutd24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!
Im a foreign veterinary graduate from India. I recently passed the ECFVG and the NAVLE after almost 2 years of hard work.
So i took the NAVLE in Connecticut and I am currently waiting for my Connecticut state license (i took it here because I was working as a Vet Tech at a hospital here). So my question is that now since I am free to work anywhere I want, and if i want to move to another state, how does the process of transferring scores work?
I understand that certain states require you to take the NAVLE again but I believe there are some that just require a score transfer from ICVA?

I have also applied for a Rotating Internship to a bunch of universities and If i do get into them, I believe I would need to get a license in that particular state.

This has all happened so fast and there are so many doors opening all of a sudden and its very overwhelming. I would appreciate any help you guys can provide!
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys!
Im a foreign veterinary graduate from India. I recently passed the ECFVG and the NAVLE after almost 2 years of hard work.
So i took the NAVLE in Connecticut and I am currently waiting for my Connecticut state license (i took it here because I was working as a Vet Tech at a hospital here). So my question is that now since I am free to work anywhere I want, and if i want to move to another state, how does the process of transferring scores work?
I understand that certain states require you to take the NAVLE again but I believe there are some that just require a score transfer from ICVA?

I have also applied for a Rotating Internship to a bunch of universities and If i do get into them, I believe I would need to get a license in that particular state.

This has all happened so fast and there are so many doors opening all of a sudden and its very overwhelming. I would appreciate any help you guys can provide!
Thank you!
Congrats!

I would look up the new state's veterinary board info and see what they require. Worst case, you can always contact the state board (I've found these websites difficult to navigate/interpret, but that could just be me!).

On the AAVSB website, it was pretty self-explanatory when I changed mine over after matching in 2015. There was an online form to fill out, you paid about $80 and they sent it to whatever state board you requested. Then I just needed to fulfill the other state requirements (which for where I was going was basically a longer form, background check, and pay them a few hundred dollars). The state I was transferring to did not require any state board exam, but many do so you may have to complete that. None of the places I looked into prior to match day required NAVLE again as long as you had passing scores within the few years prior.

Members don't see this ad :)
On the AAVSB website, it was pretty self-explanatory when I changed mine over after matching in 2015. There was an online form to fill out, you paid about $80 and they sent it to whatever state board you requested. Then I just needed to fulfill the other state requirements (which for where I was going was basically a longer form, background check, and pay them a few hundred dollars). The state I was transferring to did not require any state board exam, but many do so you may have to complete that. None of the places I looked into prior to match day required NAVLE again as long as you had passing scores within the few years prior.

Okay great thank you so much!! :D