My girlfriend is too evil for long-distance

H_Caulfield

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend is a wicked, nasty, deceitful b*tch. Since I've gone to medical school she has:

1. complained like mad about how lonely she is, yet is too lazy to ever drive up and see me (5 hrs.), and throws a fit when I can't answer the phone at 11:00am (even though I leave lecture and call her immediately thereafter). Her response to the latter is to embark upon a few spiteful days of not answering HER phone.

2. been allowing her ex to come around every weekend, spending hours and hours on end at her house, though he was out of the picture for the full 2 years before I left (could only make his move once I was 600 miles away...coward...). I can't comment on how inappropriate this is, because she'll accuse me of not trusting her and, frankly, goes into wild b*tchy hysterics to avoid talking about it. She lets him try again and again to talk her into going back to him, puts up no resistance or objection to his blatant attempts, and swears she hasn't done anything wrong because she hasn't done anything "physical" with him. I'm a bit skeptical about this last claim...

3. been refusing in any and all ways to acknowledge that things were great between us for years before I left for school, insisting that we're "not compatible" anymore. Her stupid *ss thinks the past 12 months of talking on the phone once a night are a better indication of how good we are together than were the blissful years before I left.

So, to anyone reading this and about to go away to school, evaluate your significant other beforehand. Decide whether he or she is WILLING to put the effort into making it work at distance. It takes a great deal of effort, and do yourselves a favor by trying to determine, first, whether YOUR significant other is too much of a lazy, deceitful, selfish piece of **** to fight through that time for the sake of what you've had together in the past.

Currently waiting for her to call; 3 hours ago said she would contact me "in 15 minutes," but has apparently gotten lost in some big dumb jock's lap. But thanks, guys; thanks for listening. I feel a little better now.

Members don't see this ad.

My girlfriend is a wicked, nasty, deceitful b*tch. Since I've gone to medical school she has:

1. complained like mad about how lonely she is, yet is too lazy to ever drive up and see me (5 hrs.), and throws a fit when I can't answer the phone at 11:00am (even though I leave lecture and call her immediately thereafter). Her response to the latter is to embark upon a few spiteful days of not answering HER phone.

2. been allowing her ex to come around every weekend, spending hours and hours on end at her house, though he was out of the picture for the full 2 years before I left (could only make his move once I was 600 miles away...coward...). I can't comment on how inappropriate this is, because she'll accuse me of not trusting her and, frankly, goes into wild b*tchy hysterics to avoid talking about it. She lets him try again and again to talk her into going back to him, puts up no resistance or objection to his blatant attempts, and swears she hasn't done anything wrong because she hasn't done anything "physical" with him. I'm a bit skeptical about this last claim...

3. been refusing in any and all ways to acknowledge that things were great between us for years before I left for school, insisting that we're "not compatible" anymore. Her stupid *ss thinks the past 12 months of talking on the phone once a night are a better indication of how good we are together than were the blissful years before I left.

So, to anyone reading this and about to go away to school, evaluate your significant other beforehand. Decide whether he or she is WILLING to put the effort into making it work at distance. It takes a great deal of effort, and do yourselves a favor by trying to determine, first, whether YOUR significant other is too much of a lazy, deceitful, selfish piece of **** to fight through that time for the sake of what you've had together in the past.

Currently waiting for her to call; 3 hours ago said she would contact me "in 15 minutes," but has apparently gotten lost in some big dumb jock's lap. But thanks, guys; thanks for listening. I feel a little better now.

my advice...
Dump her and move on. :) :) :)

my advice...
Dump her and move on. :) :) :)

:thumbup::thumbup:

I had the same exact problem during my first quarter of M1 year. I dated some crazy attention-seeking ***** and I got kicked in the ass by it. You dont need **** like that screwing you up during school. F!ck that bitch!!

Members don't see this ad :)
You wouldn't be from Philly would you? Are her intials E.S? Sounds like my old ex got a hold of you after I finally moved on...

A long time ago (in a galaxy far, far away)... pushing 12 years now... I went away to Penn State from Philly (4 Hour drive). This same thing happened to me... and it only resulted in me:

-taking a bus home twice a month for weekends
-spending all night every night on the phone listening to her cry... then hanging up on her... fighting... etc, maxxing out calling cards, running up massive phone bills, getting phone service shut off and going to collections over phone bills
-moping EVERY night because I felt guilty for going away
-falling behind in my schoolwork because I was on the phone or just feeling bad
-not going out with friends (then losing friends), not making new friends
-getting into fights with guys that would come over her place while I was away

Basically wasted away what should have been some of the best years of my life over a dumb girl who did nothing but make ME FEEL BAD.

Took me 5 years before I got the common sense to dump her.

Do yourself a favor and move on. If she's doing this now... it will only get worse.

LOL....this is a great post.

Dump her, like asap. There are a tons and tons of single women crawling all over by the time you hit your mid to late 20s and you dont even hit your stride until your 30s. If I had to do it all over again I wouldnt have dated ANYONE from 21-32 after I acquired the neccessary experience.

Can you list anything positive about this woman?

I think you need to "make like a banana and split" from her.

you know what you have to do..

bombs away, baby

You wouldn't have dated anyone, as in, not gone out on dates, or not become exclusive?

LOL....this is a great post.

Dump her, like asap. There are a tons and tons of single women crawling all over by the time you hit your mid to late 20s and you dont even hit your stride until your 30s. If I had to do it all over again I wouldnt have dated ANYONE from 21-32 after I acquired the neccessary experience.

I agree with everyone else. You need to dump this girl. Long distance is hard, and if it's the right person and you are both willing to work on it, then it can be great. But if she's acting like *this,* and inviting her ex over (soooo in appropriate) then get rid of her. Don't put up with it another second. By inviting her ex, she's being manipulative and dishonest. You don't need that.

(Side note: Not all girls who cry about a guy are doing so to be manipulative. Some of us might (gasp!) actually love the guy and miss him.):)

There are a tons and tons of single women crawling all over by the time you hit your mid to late 20s and you dont even hit your stride until your 30s. If I had to do it all over again I wouldnt have dated ANYONE from 21-32 after I acquired the neccessary experience.

"Tons and tons of single women crawling all over you." WOW. What a great way to define the female gender. If that's how you feel about women, then please do us a favor and don't date any of us, EVER. I certainly wouldn't date a guy with your attitude.

I, for one, am not a "single girl who crawls all over guys." They crawl all over me. :cool: I currently have six guys practically begging me to date them. This is one girl who won't be crawling for your attention. :rolleyes:

If you're a decent guy, you shouldn't be looking for the best time in your life to have "all sorts of women crawling all over you." The real point should be - when does God bring an AWESOME woman into your life? If she's beautiful, smart, has a heart for the things you do... Then go for it! Don't worry about your age or the station of your life! Worry about her heart and her soul (trust me, decent, beautiful girls who are not deceptive don't come around every day.)

As for me... If I wanted, I could be dating 6 or 7 guys right now, despite my terrible work hours and the strain of residency. But I'm not willing to settle for decent. I want God's will, and someone amazing who has a heart for Him. I won't get that sitting around deciding not to date while I'm between certain ages. I will get that by taking a step of faith - not fear - when God brings the right guy along - whenever that might be. :)

The responses are great, guys; many thanks. It's relieving to hear from people who've also been drug through the dirt by pure evil. I do know what I have to do; it's inevitable, and people like her are selfish in a hard-wired way and will never change or be willing to compromise at all.

As was mentioned above, I've wasted SO much time on her and jeopardized my schoolwork at times. How f*cking ridiculous: sitting around the night before a big exam, worrying and arguing with her, instead of studying, over why her "friend" (the one who used to bang her) is over her house until 11pm on alternate nights and she won't answer the phone while she's with him. What a scumbag!

There's no reason anybody should be in lecture thinking about some b*tch and what selfish, manipulative thing she's just done the night before (instead of about the topic being taught). I just didn't realize how easy it would be to lose sight of the important things due to some petty crap; it took this woman to drag me down to that level.

I just didn't realize how easy it would be to lose sight of the important things due to some petty crap; it took this woman to drag me down to that level.

It won't happen again-- right? :cool: Sometimes Satan comes disguised as an angel-- it sounds like he came to you as a harpe-barnacle!

Members don't see this ad :)
Beth, you can't fault LADoc too much. He's absolutely right about single women being all over MD's in the mid 20's to mid 30's range. It ramps up, increasing from medical school day 1, with a huge jump at residency, and with a massive jump on the attending level.

Other than that, you kinda lost me at the station in life argument. What was the point?

I agree with everyone else. You need to dump this girl. Long distance is hard, and if it's the right person and you are both willing to work on it, then it can be great. But if she's acting like *this,* and inviting her ex over (soooo in appropriate) then get rid of her. Don't put up with it another second. By inviting her ex, she's being manipulative and dishonest. You don't need that.

(Side note: Not all girls who cry about a guy are doing so to be manipulative. Some of us might (gasp!) actually love the guy and miss him.):)

"Tons and tons of single women crawling all over you." WOW. What a great way to define the female gender. If that's how you feel about women, then please do us a favor and don't date any of us, EVER. I certainly wouldn't date a guy with your attitude.

I, for one, am not a "single girl who crawls all over guys." They crawl all over me. :cool: I currently have six guys practically begging me to date them. This is one girl who won't be crawling for your attention. :rolleyes:

If you're a decent guy, you shouldn't be looking for the best time in your life to have "all sorts of women crawling all over you." The real point should be - when does God bring an AWESOME woman into your life? If she's beautiful, smart, has a heart for the things you do... Then go for it! Don't worry about your age or the station of your life! Worry about her heart and her soul (trust me, decent, beautiful girls who are not deceptive don't come around every day.)

As for me... If I wanted, I could be dating 6 or 7 guys right now, despite my terrible work hours and the strain of residency. But I'm not willing to settle for decent. I want God's will, and someone amazing who has a heart for Him. I won't get that sitting around deciding not to date while I'm between certain ages. I will get that by taking a step of faith - not fear - when God brings the right guy along - whenever that might be. :)

Actually, if you're a single female resident, you probably won't date any guys anyway.

Statistically speaking, that is.

Beth, you can't fault LADoc too much. He's absolutely right about single women being all over MD's in the mid 20's to mid 30's range. It ramps up, increasing from medical school day 1, with a huge jump at residency, and with a massive jump on the attending level.

But I can fault him on that, unless that's what you guys are looking for. Personally, the godly men (yes, I'm a Christian) that I know who are worth their salt are the guys who are looking for *one* woman. We have names for men who want "tons of women crawling all over them." :rolleyes: Granted, I don't know any of you guys. If being a player is what you want, and if breaking hearts is your idea of fun, then fine - wait until your in your mid-20s to mid-30s and find TONS of women to date. If honoring God with a godly wife and godly family is what you want, then look for that ONE woman whose character stands out above the rest. Clear as mud?

(Note: I don't expect everyone here to share my values. If you're not a Christian, then my argument doesn't apply to you, no hard feelings...)

In other words... Whether it's true about "tons of women" isn't the point. It's whether the guy is WANTING said women crawling all over him...that is the point.

Other than that, you kinda lost me at the station in life argument. What was the point?

Station in life argument... Ugh! Lack of sleep is making me lose my track. I reread my post but didn't see that phrase in it. Can you tell me exactly which part of the argument you didn't understand? I'd be more than happy to explain it for ya.

Actually, if you're a single female resident, you probably won't date any guys anyway.

:laugh:

On another message board I used to visit, long before residency, they had the best smiley ever. It had feet, and it laid on its back, kicking its legs up and down and laughing. I really wish I had that smiley right now. :)

It amuses me the number of people who think most statistics are actually true. Or who (shudder) live their lives by them. I have family in scientific polling, statistics, etc. I know firsthand how these "statistics" that get bantered around can be misused, skewed to fit one person's perspective, etc. Such as global warming (shudder). A lot of statistics actually don't point to global warming. But if you take them within a small time period and ignore certain other factors, you can make them seem like global warming is a true-never-to-be-dismissed fact. Ah liberals! :rolleyes:

I think liberals live their lives by statistics, while the rest of us try to live our lives by a higher power. :)

Oh, hope this doesn't offend anyone. :eek:

;)

Seriously, I have enough personal experience to know that the statistics about female residents not dating is profoundly untrue. Have a nice day. :)

Such as global warming (shudder). A lot of statistics actually don't point to global warming. But if you take them within a small time period and ignore certain other factors, you can make them seem like global warming is a true-never-to-be-dismissed fact. Ah liberals!

I think liberals live their lives by statistics, while the rest of us try to live our lives by a higher power.

OK, totally off-topic... but I didn't start the fire here... ;)

I am not a liberal, far from it... I am not total conservative either... to put it this way... I am a Republican, although I'm more of a Guilliani man than a Bush guy (even though I did vote for him... mostly because I disliked the other guy more)... anyhow politics aside, I don't think your comment linking statistics to global warming and liberals is a fair assumption.

Statistics can be manipulated, but not all statistics are widely inflated or exaggerated, some are based on scientific fact. One should definitely not live according to statistics... but using the statement that all statistics are bogus to support your own idea that Global Warming is a farce does not fly with me.

I happen to agree whole heartedly that modern heavy industry and american capitalism is quickly changing the face of the Earth in a bad way. Burning coal for electricity is cheaper than building a wind-farm. So what incentive do people have to do the latter? Fear of global warming... Is the sea going to rise by 6 feet next year? I don't think so, but carbon dioxide output is at it's all time high, and that's a fact. Things need to change, and I am not a "liberal" for agreeing with that. Global warming is not a political tool (or at least it shouldn't be), to me it's a fact.

Anyhow... I did not mean to open up a side conversation that belongs in a different forum. Back to the topic...

Not sure where this statistic came from... but I think it depends more on the person and the type of residency.

In other words... Whether it's true about "tons of women" isn't the point. It's whether the guy is WANTING said women crawling all over him...that is the point.

I dare you to find me a red-blooded american (christian or not) straight man who would not like the idea of "tons of women" crawling all over him.

We have names for men who want "tons of women crawling all over them."

I'd call them normal.

I'm happily married, but don't we all like to feel attractive?

OK, totally off-topic... but I didn't start the fire here... ;)

Hee hee! Debate... I love it! ;)

I am not a liberal, far from it... I am not total conservative either... to put it this way... I am a Republican, although I'm more of a Guilliani man than a Bush guy (even though I did vote for him... mostly because I disliked the other guy more)... anyhow politics aside, I don't think your comment linking statistics to global warming and liberals is a fair assumption.

I can see how you can be conservative and Republican and not like Bush. He's made some crazy decisions that have caused me pause... But Guilliani? Seriously. He's a Democrat in disguise.

Statistics can be manipulated, but not all statistics are widely inflated or exaggerated, some are based on scientific fact. One should definitely not live according to statistics... but using the statement that all statistics are bogus to support your own idea that Global Warming is a farce does not fly with me.

I didn't mean to say that all statistics are bogus, cuz they're not. I just meant that they can be skewed to the person's desires. I actually was using global warming (I prefer it in lower caps, lol) as an example of how some stats can be skewed, not the other way around. Sorry if I didn't make that clear in the last post.

I happen to agree whole heartedly that modern heavy industry and american capitalism is quickly changing the face of the Earth in a bad way. Burning coal for electricity is cheaper than building a wind-farm. So what incentive do people have to do the latter? Fear of global warming... Is the sea going to rise by 6 feet next year? I don't think so, but carbon dioxide output is at it's all time high, and that's a fact. Things need to change, and I am not a "liberal" for agreeing with that. Global warming is not a political tool (or at least it shouldn't be), to me it's a fact.

Ahhh. I do agree that we need to be more careful with the environment, polluting, etc. But I do not believe we need the farce of global warming to back up this need. People do need great motivations outside themselves in order to act, sadly enough. But let's motivate folks with truth. I know, off topic... I apologize for that too. :)

I don't think your comment linking statistics to global warming and liberals is a fair assumption.

I actually just meant to link statistics to liberals. :rolleyes: I was using hyperbole to make a point. I bet most would agree that the Christian right is mostly conservative (or should be). If someone doesn't have a belief or trust in a higher power, then they have to rely on something ... like statistics. You're more likely to rule your life by statistics if you don't believe in something greater than yourself. Just an observation I've made.

Not sure where this statistic came from... but I think it depends more on the person and the type of residency.

I'll agree with you wholeheartedly on this. Especially when it comes to the type of person.

Gosh, I hope this makes sense. I'm writing on break.

I dare you to find me a red-blooded american (christian or not) straight man who would not like the idea of "tons of women" crawling all over him.

LOL! Oh my friend, there are PLENTY. It really depends on where the guy's priorities are. Does he want one, godly woman with a trustworthy heart and soul to make a life with and who will raise his children well? Or does he want to be a player and have tons of women crawling all over him? Sure, there may be a base desire for tons of women, but it doesn't mean he has to be ruled by that, or even truly desire that.

Sadly, the love of money and the love of power are huge corrupters (sp?) There's nothing wrong with a man striving for great heights (and he should!) But sometimes, the more he succeeds, the more he gets "stars" in his eyes and starts desiring things to pump up his ego, rather than things to honor God... (This can happen to women too...)

I could cite Solomon as a perfect example. But I don't know if that would get me banned? :scared:

I'm happily married, but don't we all like to feel attractive?

Of course we do, both men and women! But there's a difference between finding that attractiveness in the arms of a loving woman God sent to you, versus finding it in a bunch of random nurses following you around... :p

I can see how you can be conservative and Republican and not like Bush. He's made some crazy decisions that have caused me pause... But Guilliani? Seriously. He's a Democrat in disguise.

He's more in the middle and that's where I sit... (although slightly to the right). Better than crazy Hillary!!! :eek:

People do need great motivations outside themselves in order to act, sadly enough. But let's motivate folks with truth.

Most business will not act on "what is right", but on "what costs less". And status quo "costs less", reinventing a newer, cleaner, more efficient system is "what is right". Population increase is exponential, things are only going to get worse. Oil will not be a viable energy source within a period of about ten years due to global demand. Global warming (although maybe not as cataclismic as some would like you to think) is the truth.

Sorry, off topic again...

How did My girlfriend is too evil for long-distance turn into an argument about global warming??? :laugh:

Hee hee! Debate... I love it! ;)

:rolleyes:

But Guilliani? Seriously. He's a Democrat in disguise.

You are clearly evaluating him only on his social stances, probably only his positions on gay rights and the right to abort. Do you really think that those are the only important components of a candidates political "platform"?

I do not believe we need the farce of global warming to back up this need. People do need great motivations outside themselves in order to act, sadly enough. But let's motivate folks with truth.

A lot of very smart people believe that global warming is happening and is significantly exacerbated by the activities of human beings. These people may be incorrect, but to simply label their position as farcical is a juvenile "debate" tactic. If you want to argue with the data, then do so. It is not an inevitable, obvious, foregone conclusion that your position is the correct one. Defend it. (But start your own thread if you do.)

...the Christian right is mostly conservative (or should be).

Of course the Christian right is conservative. Just as obviously, the Christian left is liberal. These statements are true by definition. Both "sides" are sizable, though the Christian right is much more vocal these days. It's only anecdotal, but in my tiny world most of the Republicans that I know are atheists or indifferent to the question of God, while many (though not most) of the Democrats that I know are devout, God-fearing people. I know that there are many others who do not fit this pattern.

I actually just meant to link statistics to liberals. :rolleyes: I was using hyperbole to make a point. I bet most would agree that the Christian right is mostly conservative (or should be). If someone doesn't have a belief or trust in a higher power, then they have to rely on something ... like statistics. You're more likely to rule your life by statistics if you don't believe in something greater than yourself.

Do you really think that conservatives use statistics less than liberals do? Both use them, both depend on them, both manipulate them. That's part of the game of persuasive rhetoric. What makes you think that this is unique to the left?

How did My girlfriend is too evil for long-distance turn into an argument about global warming??? :laugh:
Isn't that weird?! I would've expected Godwin's Law to have been invoked by now... :laugh:

OP, I hope that you've extricated yourself from this unhealthy and unhealthful relationship. It seems (from your presentation of it, at least) that nothing good can come of it. Get out and move on. Do keep us posted.

1. 1. complained like mad about how lonely she is, yet is too lazy to ever drive up and see me (5 hrs.), and throws a fit when I can't answer the phone at 11:00am (even though I leave lecture and call her immediately thereafter). Her response to the latter is to embark upon a few spiteful days of not answering HER phone.
  2. 2. been allowing her ex to come around every weekend, spending hours and hours on end at her house, though he was out of the picture for the full 2 years before I left (could only make his move once I was 600 miles away...coward...). I can't comment on how inappropriate this is, because she'll accuse me of not trusting her and, frankly, goes into wild b*tchy hysterics to avoid talking about it. She lets him try again and again to talk her into going back to him, puts up no resistance or objection to his blatant attempts, and swears she hasn't done anything wrong because she hasn't done anything "physical" with him. I'm a bit skeptical about this last claim...
  3. 3. been refusing in any and all ways to acknowledge that things were great between us for years before I left for school, insisting that we're "not compatible" anymore. Her stupid *ss thinks the past 12 months of talking on the phone once a night are a better indication of how good we are together than were the blissful years before I left.
  4. Caused global warming:p

Yeah, OP, did you ever end up dumping her and taking out her sister? Come on my man post the carnage!

Dude... rescue yourself... Run like the wind!!! Much better women out there.. Don't let this one b***ch turn your life into miserable hell. (Sounds like my x got a hold of you.)

Dump her or you are going to have a miserable life 'nuff said. You are a fool if you stick around with this woman any longer. She's already proven her trustworthiness and reliability and that among anything should teach you a lesson as to what type of girl you want in the future. There are lots and lots of beautiful girls in this world, try to find the ones that are humble, modest, and trustworthy (it's hard to find but if you work hard you'll find one).

Op, if you don't dump her then you've already failed at life

:thumbdown:

Poor OP, I apologize for taking this so off topic! Call it stress, lack of sleep... You know the drill! I won't divert the thread anymore to talk of politics and global warming. :cool:

Caused global warming:p

ROTFL!!!!!

So OP, did you dump her? I sure hope so! I mean, even though I'm a woman, I won't defend the female gender if they're being stupid! If she's letting an ex over to her place and doing that other manipulative stuff, it is so disrespectful to you and your relationship. We each deserve far better than that. Long distance is great & fine if you're both in love and each respect the other. But it's horrible, long distance or in the same town, if the person is manipulative. Been there, bought the T-shirt!

How many at one time???

Haha! Cute. :laugh:

PS - If anyone wants to start a thread on some of our other topics in here, message me the link and I'll join in on the fun. :)

OP, my classes are about to start and soon we shan't have time to come here very often. Please let us know ASAP as to when you broke up with your evil xgf and post it on youtube for us.

Love,

Pekoe

PS: If you changed your mind because she :biglove:promised to change, we will hunt you down and lash you with wet noodles. +pity+There will be no excuse for that kind of nonsense. :beat:

I think liberals live their lives by statistics, while the rest of us try to live our lives by a higher power. :)

It's people like this that make religious people seem ignorant and whatnot. It's enough to make god shudder.

I don't look to a higher power when I want to know whether there is a hurricane coming this way or not, I look at the weather channel... similarly I don't analyze different circumstances by looking at a higher power, I look at statistics. Anyone who doesn't, whether they believe god or not, are well... somewhat crazy.

To the other poster, yeah I am sure women are just 'crawling' over you now. Please. :rolleyes: To the OP, she's an evil bitch... conclusion.

So, OP, did you dump her yet?

5 hours away is not 'long distance' these days. If it doesn't work at 5hrs away, it never will.

5 hours away is not 'long distance' these days. If it doesn't work at 5hrs away, it never will.

5 hours is definitely long distance, especially when you are in med school.

You were smart enough to get into medical school, but not smart enough to figure out you need to break up with this chick and move on? Hmm....

You were smart enough to get into medical school, but not smart enough to figure out you need to break up with this chick and move on? Hmm....

One sort of intelligence has nothing to do with the other.

One sort of intelligence has nothing to do with the other.

That is clearly obvious in this case. Hopefully the OP will pay attention the advice on this thread and get rid of her like she was lice.

Did the OP ever think this would wind up with so many responses? He needs to change his name but print this up and mail it to her!

(Not really. No contact is best.)

Hi. I feel for you. It sounds like you're really suffering. Falling in love is like an addiction. It's hard not to be miserable when the beloved is absent even when the beloved is as bad for you as crack. You are going to feel bad for a while. Best bet? Go Cold Turkey. Take the 6 week cure. Don't call. Don't take her calls. Change your number. Change your e-mail address. Don't talk to her for 6 weeks. Try to get better and get over this relationship. Otherwise you'll keep trying to recapture the same feelings you had to the detriment of some innocent gal who just wants to be happy.
I've gone long distance in both of my marriages (the first one and the current one). I never cheated while we were separated even when I was mightily tempted. Never hung out with the ex for fun. I didn't because I had a sense of honor about the mission. I loved the person and cared about them. I wanted to have some integrity about it. A lot of women feel the same way. Not because they're trying to catch a doctor or lawyer, but because they want to be in a faithful, honest relationship and they know the road goes both ways.
Marriage is an endurance test. Even if you're in med. school nothing is guaranteed. Maybe you'll finish. Maybe you'll change your mind and become a poet. Wouldn't you want someone who wants the real you whoever that is? You should feel the same way about whoever she turns out to be. If you're planning to watch someone grow, love you, suffer to have your babies, get fat, get tired slumped over nursing etc. etc. you'd better damn well be into her. She should feel the same way about you. You just haven't found her yet. Good luck.

aww sorry things didn't work out..its obvious you're gone on her, and she seems very insecure and needy..been there done that..you have to remember that as a med student, you're pretty outstanding and expected to be more mature than most people to save lives etc..not everyone is up to that maturity yet..she may not be mature enough to keep up with you yet, but that doesn't mean shes an awful b*tch..maybe shes just a normal girl who's insecure..

maybe shes using the guy to try to get more attention from you as a "test"..but yea it seems hard that this will work out..can she move closer to you?

Let me guess...you are 22-23? Guess what...in general that is WAAAAAAAAY to young for most people to know what they want. In the best case....your g/f doesn't know what she wants. In the worst case, she knows what she wants, and it isn't you.

I'd bail and live my life.

-t

Im no medical student but Ive heard its very stressful, with her adding on to the problem, is there any peace in your life?

I would have to agree with you...at least 5 hr is within driving distance or possible quick flight away. I'm approx 3,000 miles away... now THAT'S a long distance relationship!!

an in-person relationship is a challenge all by itself already. and to make it long-distance, that's even tougher...might be do-able if there is light.

for your case, runs*

If being a player is what you want, and if breaking hearts is your idea of fun, then fine - wait until your in your mid-20s to mid-30s and find TONS of women to date. If honoring God with a godly wife and godly family is what you want, then look for that ONE woman whose character stands out above the rest.

1. It is possible to want that "one" woman and still date. You can't force a square peg into a circular hole. H._Caulfield, you need to let this girl go. If you believe there is one right woman for you, this isn't the one. If you don't believe that, you are really torturing yourself for nothing.

2. It is possible to want that "one" woman without "honoring God..." In my life, I have had 4 serious, long-term girlfriends, the fourth being my wife, and never really "casually dated. as that just isn't my bag. I am not doing so to honor God, nor would my wife claim to be, yet her character stands out above the rest. You can't make claims that sound like only godly people choose to live the "one man one woman marriage." It is insulting to those of us who do have those values who are not religious, as we generally don't want to be included in the short-sighted group that sees all good as religious and all that is bad is secular.