~~~MSU CHM Class of 2012~~~Come on in!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nice to see you all still rolling in! Congrats on your acceptances!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all, just thought I would introduce myself quick. Before I do that though, congrats to everyone who has been accepted.

I am a first year at MSU and can really attest to what a great school it is. If anyone has any questions that I might be able to answer, then by all means let me know. I don't check this board too often, so please be patient if I don't get back to you right away, but school always comes first.

Again, congrats and I am sure that you will love MSU

Members don't see this ad :)
Welcome Misty!! COngrats!

Thanks mjbjhu, that's very kind of you.

Hello everyone! My name is Brett and I am a 24 y/o male from Colorado. I requested a deferral last year and will be joining you all in August. I look forward to meeting each of you!

For those of you who haven't been able to attend the dinner/drink gatherings, you are certainly missing out! Also, if you happen to be looking for a room/roommate, we have a discussion going on the Facebook group MSU CHM c/o 2012~BFF's

Congratulations to all who have been accepted so far, and best of luck to those still waiting. Looks like it will be a wonderful class to be a part of!

Woohoo! I'll be part of the MSUCHM c/o 2012. Just got the call from Dr. Shafer tonight. I completely was not expecting this considering I was put on hold in October, finally had a LOR request in Jan, and didn't interview until 2/26. I am sooo excited! :D

Congrats to everyone - not in your class, but we may see each other from time-to-time!?

Hey everyone, I'm a first year student at CHM, going to Flint in my 3rd and 4th years.

:hardy:CONGRATULATIONS:hardy: to everyone who's been accepted!
Your hard work and passion will continue to reap you rewards. I can't wait to meet you!

A few words to those who are still waiting for an acceptance: I interviewed on February 22, was put on the alternate list May 2, and I was accepted June 14. (For some reason they emailed me before calling, so there I was, sitting at my laptop eating breakfast and the good news made me almost spit out my cereal at the screen!)

Until I was accepted, I clearly remember having doubts about whether I could do this, or if I even wanted to anymore. It's easy to lose hope, but if you're facing the possibility of having to reapply, you can take some steps to become an even better applicant than before. It looks impressive to the admissions committee when someone cares so much about becoming a physician that they put in the extra effort and tried again.
1. There's a Self Assessment Guide in the Premedical Handbook part of the admissions website. You can fill it out and mail it in with a cover letter requesting feedback on how to strengthen your application.
2. Apply a little earlier.
3. If you have a year off, make it worthwhile (travel, work on a Masters, earn some money, etc.). Keep yourself busy and enjoy life!

Feel free to PM/email/Facebook me with me any questions you have.

-Jeff Stearns-
[email protected]

PS If anyone's interested in psychiatry or neurology, I really really want to hear from you because I'm in charge of the interest group

hey everyone! for any of you who aren't on the facebook group, i wanted to give you a heads-up about our CHM '12 get-together this saturday 4/12.

details & RSVP on the FB events page:
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=25074471088

and if you don't have facebook, here are the details--
-------
Come join us for dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings, then drinks and music and lovely conversations and new friendships as we make our way over to Rum Runners piano bar.

Saturday, April 12th
6:30pm- ??

Buffalo Wild Wings

360 Albert Ave
East Lansing 48823

Rum Runners
601 E. Michigan Ave
Lansing 48912
-------

if you're planning on coming late, PM me and i'll give you my phone # so you'll know where to find us.

hope to see you! ~julie

Congrats to all. If I may offer some advice for choosing a community campus in 3/4th yr, choose a campus with resources and good campus administration. I rotated in Flint before getting a residency in Kalamazoo. The resource available in Kalamazoo is amazing compare to Flint. Also office administrator Ms.Ass** is not the best qualified person to help you through med school. My classmates excelled despite lack of support in Flint. Take it for what its worth. All the best.