MPH / MSPH 2022: Applied, Accepted, Waitlisted, Rejected, Attending

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone hear about Emory's MCH Fellowship yesterday?
Nope, I haven't heard back yet. I emailed the program administrator to see if decisions had gone out yet, but I haven't received a response.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted to Yale!!

I also checked my Emory portal and it says “deny” but haven’t gotten an email yet. I never selected another program to be considered for but just added two, I wonder if it’s too late for it to be routed to other departments though?

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Received full tuition fee waiver from UW today !!

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got into Yale as well! will need to make a decision in the next couple of weeks so very happy but also extremely stressed!

Applied: Harvard MPH-45 Global Health (27/11), JHU MPH (28/11), Columbia Accelerated MPH General Public Health (30/11), Yale Advanced Professional (Global Health concentration) (14/12), BU MPH Global Health PDME (2/1), Northwestern MPH (Global Health) (15/1)
Admitted: JHU (8/2) + 34K (22/2), Columbia (14/2), Yale (23/2)
Still waiting: Harvard, BU, Northwestern

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
did anyone else get an email from BU's assistant director titled BUSPH on the road: California, but no actual decision from BU? Why are you doing this to me BU

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry for the rant, at this point I would just like to know if theres an acceptance from HSPH or not, I can then move on with my life. Even if I was accepted, theres the huge issue of funding it. I am not sure if it is worth such a huge financial risk as well. Do not like the limbo state we are in..

Reactions: 2 users
Is it common for some people to not get any funding? I got accepted into a lot of programs, but haven’t been offered anything financially. Emory has sent out their merits, GWU did not offer me anything, waiting to hear back UW, etc. I’m just overwhelmed with anxiety right now.

• Care
Is it common for some people to not get any funding? I got accepted into a lot of programs, but haven’t been offered anything financially. Emory has sent out their merits, GWU did not offer me anything, waiting to hear back UW, etc. I’m just overwhelmed with anxiety right now.
super common

hopefully we will get some HSPH news today, fingers crossed!

Reactions: 7 users
ACCEPTED AT HARVARD!!! Check the portal!!

Reactions: 17 users
Also accepted at HSPH MPH-65!! No email, just an update in the portal!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted for Harvard MPH 45 in occ/environmental health!
No funding - int'l student

Reactions: 10 users
Accepted into Harvard's 45 Generalist program! Never thought I would get in. Definitely goes to show apply even when you don't think you will get it.

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted at Harvard MPH-45 Global health as well. No funding!

Applied: Harvard MPH-45 Global Health (27/11), JHU MPH (28/11), Columbia Accelerated MPH General Public Health (30/11), Yale Advanced Professional (Global Health concentration) (14/12), BU MPH Global Health PDME (2/1), Northwestern MPH (Global Health) (15/1)
Admitted: JHU (8/2) + 34K (22/2), Columbia (14/2), Yale (23/2), Harvard (24/2)
Still waiting: BU, Northwestern

Reactions: 8 users
Congrats everyone on your acceptances! Hopefully I hear back from Harvard soon!

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to everyone accepted to HSPH! Do we know if admission decisions are typically sent out in one big wave, or is it possible to hear more throughout the day?

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
The wait was a thousand times worth it!!!! Accepted via portal update + email to Harvard's MPH-45 in Health Policy this morning with a ***full-tuition Presidential Scholarship*** :) I have been crying all morning and truly have no words for how excited I am. Congratulations to everyone who heard back today/fingers crossed for those still waiting, and I can't wait to meet some of you in August <3

• Love
Reactions: 22 users
I'm so excited and happy for everyone on their Harvard acceptances today!!! I applied for MPH45 in Health Management so I'm thinking I'm def in the rejection pile because I didn't receive anything this morning. I'm assuming they send out acceptances by department? Anyone have insight on whether that's correct?

I'm so excited and happy for everyone on their Harvard acceptances today!!! I applied for MPH45 in Health Management so I'm thinking I'm def in the rejection pile because I didn't receive anything this morning. I'm assuming they send out acceptances by department? Anyone have insight on whether that's correct?
I’m not sure how they send out acceptances because I think a lot of departments heard back today. Applied to SBS 65 and didn’t hear back either. Also wondering if I’m in the rejection pile

• Care
I was accepted to MPH-65 Health and Social Behavior program this morning! Super excited and big decisions to make

Reactions: 4 users
So happy for everyone who’s in! But crying cuz I didn’t make it this time :(

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Accepted into the Harvard Chan MPH-45 Quantitative Methods with a scholarship this morning!!!! I’ve been over the moon ALL DAY!! 🥲🌙✨

Reactions: 10 users
Just received a somewhat unexpected scholarship from Columbia, making it even more difficult to choose Harvard now :cryi:

Admitted: JHU (8/2) + 34K (22/2), Columbia (14/2) +30K (25/2), Yale (23/2), Harvard (24/2) (no funding)

Did anyone who applies to Columbia, Boston University, and NYU in the beginning of January start to hear back yet? I applied like a week before the deadline to these schools and I'm starting to get a little worried since a lot of people already started hearing back.

Hi, I apologize if this has already been posted but I couldn’t find an answer on a simple search.
Is there a groupme or discord that has been created for accepted students at Berkeley? Would love to join if so, thanks in advance!

Just received a somewhat unexpected scholarship from Columbia, making it even more difficult to choose Harvard now :cryi:

Admitted: JHU (8/2) + 34K (22/2), Columbia (14/2) +30K (25/2), Yale (23/2), Harvard (24/2) (no funding)
Did you receive additional funding?

Did anyone who applies to Columbia, Boston University, and NYU in the beginning of January start to hear back yet? I applied like a week before the deadline to these schools and I'm starting to get a little worried since a lot of people already started hearing back.
I heard back from NYU on 2/22 and I applied on 2/1! But I haven’t heard from Columbia or BU yet either and I applied on the deadline for those!

Did you receive additional funding?
What do you mean by ‘additional’ funding? I am international student and received scholarships from JHU and Columbia (still waiting from Yale), but not from Harvard which was my first choice.

What do you mean by ‘additional’ funding? I am international student and received scholarships from JHU and Columbia (still waiting from Yale), but not from Harvard which was my first choice.
Sorry I think I interpreted your post wrong

I finished my Columbia checklist on 12/06 and haven’t heard anything yet. I’m an international applicant for the MS Biostatistics (Pharmaceutical Statistics track). The fact that I haven’t heard in over 2 months, is that good/bad?