MHA 2023: Applied, Interviewed, Rejected, Attending

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jimbo559

Reaction score
Didn't see one of these yet for 2023 so I figured I would create one!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
School: Large state school
GPA: Cumulative and Major: 3.52, 3.88
Major: Health Administration w/ Minor in Developmental Psychology
Experience (professional or otherwise): held leadership positions for club, worked as medical assistant, interned for home healthcare agency, interned for hospital
Extras: have yellow belt in LSS

Applied: VCU, GWU, Cornell, Columbia, Rush, Johns Hopkins, Rutgers, Emory, USC
Interview: VCU (11/11), Cornell (9/30), Columbia (11/18), Johns Hopkins (11/22), Rush (12/23)
Waitlist: Columbia (2/28)
Rejected:
Accepted: VCU (11/14 officially, verbal acceptance 11/11), GWU (11/16), JHU (12/7 official acceptance, 12/2 acceptance notification), Cornell (12/9), Rush (1/5), Emory (1/19), Rutgers (2/27), USC (2/28)
Attending:

Hello everyone!! I've been looking through all the past forums since 2020 and am so excited to finally be able to be a part of the process and share my journey! Good luck to everyone applying!

Last edited:
School: "Medium" state school
GPA: 3.91
Major: Health science, concentration in public health ; double minor in health education and sociology
Experience (professional or otherwise): worked for small non-profit unrelated to health admin; youth mentor for Refugee resettlement agency, health department intern, currently working as scheduler at hospital
Extras: first gen college student

Applied: GWU, OSU, UMN (10/31 for all)
Interview: OSU (11/18), UMN (12/16)
Waitlist:
Rejected:
Accepted: GWU (11/16), OSU (11/28), UMN
Attending:

So far, excellent impression of OSU and they actually seem to care about the students. UMN was my first choice but after my OSU interview I'm leaning heavily towards their program! This will be a tough choice but I believe it will boil down to finances. Good luck to all.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone who has been accepted or interviewed for Cornell MHA,fall 23?

Hi everyone! I am a Canadian applicant looking to do my MHA in 2023. I have applied to some Canadian programs also. Would love to hear anybody's insight if they are in a similar situation or have attended these programs. Wishing you all the best of luck.

Undergraduate School/School type: Top 5 University in Ontario (Canada)
Undergrad GPA/Major GPA: 3.4/4.0
Major/minor:
Public Health Major
Grad GPA (if applicable):
N/A
Grad studies (if applicable):
N/A
GRE(including date taken):
Did not do the GRE as it was not required this year!

Experience/research:
Undergraduate research assistant for 2 years (qualitative research focused on health policy/evaluation),Administrative Associate at Health Sciences Centre, Vaccine/Supply Coordinator for the region, Client Care Associate at 2 healthcare organizations. Did volunteering in the community and within my University for 3 years also focused on health and wellness and hospital fundraising.

Letters of Rec:
2 academic letter of references, 1 was from a well known prof that I did research with and other from a small seminar course I took. 1 professional reference from my current manager.

Interests:
Public Health, Health Equity, Chronic Disease Prevention, Social Determinants of Health and Health Policy

Applied:
UNC-CH (12/07) and Cornell (12/10), Considering applying to Michigan or OSU
Accepted:
Waitlisted:
Rejected:
Attending:

Hi there. Good luck to everyone applying this cycle! I am a first year at Rush University. If you have any questions about our program or any other program, please feel free to message me. I was also in your shoes last year so I am here to help!

Few quick facts about our program for anyone curious:
- Elite 5 Ranking
- Located downtown Chicago
- Small faculty/student ratio
- Cohort model (We take around 25 every year)
- Mandatory PAID internship during 1st academic year (fall/spring)
- Practitioner-Faculty model
- Large network not only in hospital administration but consulting, insurance, and associations.

School: Large state school
GPA: Cumulative and Major: 3.52, 3.88
Major: Health Administration w/ Minor in Developmental Psychology
Experience (professional or otherwise): held leadership positions for club, worked as medical assistant, interned for home healthcare agency, interned for hospital
Extras: have yellow belt in LSS

Applied: VCU, GWU, Cornell, Columbia, Rush, Johns Hopkins, Rutgers, Emory, USC
Interview: VCU (11/11), Cornell (9/30), Columbia (11/18), Johns Hopkins (11/22), Rush (12/23)
Waitlist:
Rejected:
Accepted: VCU (11/14 officially, verbal acceptance 11/11), GWU (11/16), JHU (12/7 official acceptance, 12/2 acceptance notification), Cornell (12/9) Rush (1/5)
Attending:

Hello everyone!! I've been looking through all the past forums since 2020 and am so excited to finally be able to be a part of the process and share my journey! Good luck to everyone applying!
Congratulations on your acceptance to those programs! If you have any questions about Rush, please feel free to ask!

Anyone waiting on Columbia? Do you know when they start releasing next set of decisions?

Hi, I heard back from Johns Hopkins today and have an interview Wednesday (2/8). Just wondering if anyone has interviewed with them and could tell me how it was and any other insight. Thanks.

Just got accepted into USC. Unfortunately, read my admissions decision and no mention of any scholarship :/. Now I'm stuck in a pickle deciding to go to my dream school and being >100k in debt or depressed back at home suffering feeling like I'm not progressing.

Hi, I heard back from Johns Hopkins today and have an interview Wednesday (2/8). Just wondering if anyone has interviewed with them and could tell me how it was and any other insight. Thanks.
How did it go? Did you get a reply?

How did it go? Did you get a reply?
It went well. The interviewer was the Director of the Program and he was very nice and engaging, not only with my questions but with my responses as well. I heard back Feb 13th and was accepted.

Hello everyone!
I’m a bit lost on which graduate school program I should choose. My top choices right now are University of Alabama at Birmingham, University of Minnesota, and University of Michigan. I’m also considering doing a dual degree with an MBA but not sure if it’s necessary given I want to go into an Administrative Fellowship or Consulting after.
If anyone could shed some light on what makes each program unique or if they are a current student there and what they like about the program that would be amazing!

Hey for those who decided on USC for MHA, was there a group chat created that I could be added to?

Greetings fellow applicants, I am a Foreign Medical Graduate (FMG) looking into Online MHA Programs (currently working FT as a a Research Coordinator at one of Nation's best Unis).

Undergraduate School/School type: MBBS, Medicine
Undergrad GPA: 3.0
GRE(including date taken): Not Taken
Experience/research: 4yrs of work (2.5 in Clinical Research and 1.5 in Senior Administrative)
Letters of Rec: 3 LORs from current employer, 1 from previous employer

I have some limitations (working FT and a young family), so looking to apply for online only courses or courses-with-immersion around my area only. Wondering if
- I stand a chance for scholarship
- Thoughts on these colleges Carey, PennState, UMD, Purdue

Looking forward to your responses,
M