MPH / MSPH 2022: Applied, Accepted, Waitlisted, Rejected, Attending

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear from Harvard on MPH - Health Management (65)?

Reactions: 1 user
CONGRATS TO EVERYONE!!!!! THIS IS SO COOL!

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone else heard back recently for UCLA HPM? I know the first batch came out I think last month

just wondering if anyone who applied to epi in reproductive and perinatal health has heard back!!! i just want to stop looking at my email every two seconds

Members don't see this ad :)
Monday (Feb 21) is President's Day. If Harvard does not send out decisions on Friday, 18 Feb, we would have to wait until Tuesday, 22 Feb.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Would anyone know if Jhu Msph in health education and communication is a good program?

Has anyone on here applied to the University of Georgia and heard back yet? They said 2-3 weeks in their email on 1/26 so it’s been a day or two past 3 weeks. Any advice is welcomed!

did you receive a nice financial aid package? I don't have the best GPA so I'm hoping the need based scholarship is decent otherwise I couldn't afford it.
I didn't get any aid. If you filled out FAFSA before the deadline, you should be considered for need-based aid. If you're also in financial need, getting REAL (Rollins' work-study program) is a possibility too. I think some of the financial awards come out in the weeks following admissions decisions. Loan information for sure came out later cuz it's finalized with the financial aid office.

I didn't get any aid. If you filled out FAFSA before the deadline, you should be considered for need-based aid. If you're also in financial need, getting REAL (Rollins' work-study program) is a possibility too. I think some of the financial awards come out in the weeks following admissions decisions. Loan information for sure came out later cuz it's finalized with the financial aid office.
that’s the thing I didn’t see that the deadline for need based aid was before merit aid. I emailed them just to be sure but hopefully I can actually go.

Any international students apply to Berkeley and receive any merit based scholarships?

• Dislike
Harvard applicants: looks like we wont get any new until Tuesday? Or does it strictly start from Thursday. So far no MPH-45 credit news. Only the SM 80 and the summer only programme.

• Care
hi everyone, i am an international student and applied to yale health care management. completed the application very late. jan 12th. waitlisted now. Did my delay in completion play a role in the decision? delay was because I was not at all confident about my profile for yale, and completely believed that I do not fit there. Are there any chances of admission for wait listed candidates? Didn't come across many Yale wait-listed candidates here. Pretty worried and regretting now.

Last edited:
Has anyone applied standard deadline to UCSD for an MPH and heard back yet? Or do you think they'll wait a little longer?

Hopefully HSPH releases some decisions on MPH-45 credits on Tuesday!

Hopefully HSPH releases some decisions on MPH-45 credits on Tuesday!
Me too but from previous posts it looks like they’ve been releasing mainly on Thursdays and Fridays :/ so we might need to wait a lil longer

Fyi

"As you may be aware, the SOPHAS application system has experienced some significant technological issues over the last week. These glitches have prevented us from being able to review applications for nearly a week. We are happy to report that SOPHAS is back up and running however this delay has caused a delay in our process."

Sent from Yale today, but I imagine this affected many schools' review process.

Hope that this allays some of the anxiety from the delays in admissions decisions.

Fyi
"As you may be aware, the SOPHAS application system has experienced some significant technological issues over the last week. These glitches have prevented us from being able to review applications for nearly a week. We are happy to report that SOPHAS is back up and running however this delay has caused a delay in our process."

Sent from Yale today, but I imagine this affected many schools' review process.

Hope that this allays some of the anxiety from the delays in admissions decisions.
thanks for this, although having sent my application in November I would like to think they have already made their decision either way :-/

Fyi

thanks for this, although having sent my application in November I would like to think they have already made their decision either way :-/
same here! I don't see how this affects applications that have been marked as complete and were already under review...

hi! i was just wondering if anyone had any insight into the community at Columbia vs NYU MPH? easy or hard to make friends? collaborative environment?

Just got accepted to epi at NYU this morning! Still anxiously waiting on Columbia, Hopkins & Brown o_O

Reactions: 6 users
i didn’t get an email but i checked my harvard portal and saw my rejection letter :( just letting y’all know

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users
Has anyone heard back from UNC Chapel Hill about scholarships?
I had emailed back when I was accepted and was told that funding decisions usually come out in mid-March. However, based on previous threads, I don't think UNC usually offers much in the form of aid :(

Got into Columbia's exec MS in Epi program

Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know if the dean’s scholarship for the JHU MPH is set? Is there room for negotiation?

Is anyone in the accelerated program for Columbia? I received a 30k scholarship but wondering if others have been successful at negotiating for more.
Did you have any luck with this? Also at the accelerated program, accepted 14/2 but I am planning on emailing them to ask if I am being offered a scholarship as I now have another on that I need to accept within the next 2 weeks.

Does anyone know if the dean’s scholarship for the JHU MPH is set? Is there room for negotiation?
I tried but sounds like they aren’t open to any negotiation

Does anyone know if JHU open to negotiations about financial aid. I received 75% MTS for the second year, it came with my admission letter. I wanna know if others were notified about scholarship after their admission.