MPH Fall 2014: Applied, Accepted, Waitlisted, Rejected!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone apply to HPM at HSPH? Hearing anything from them? What's the timeline like for them? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cool! Have you heard anything about funding yet?
You should start a UMich forum..I was going to but didn't know how lol

I haven't heard back about funding yet, but they told me that the department of epidemiology usually gets back to students regarding funding by late January/early February, but hopefully they get back to us earlier.

I never thought about starting a UMich forum. I guess I can start one sometime this week.

Figured I'd finally post after stalking for the past month.

Under/grad School: University of Michigan
Under/grad GPA: 3.58 (SOPHAS)
Major/minor: Neuroscience, Honors
GRE: 156V (70%) 160 Q (78%) 4.0 AWA (54%) - Oct'12 =(

Experience/Research:
- 3 years NIH Research Coordinator/Data Analyst on major NIH neuroimaging protocol, rare population
- 7 month clinical experience at NIMH schizophrenia ward
- 3 years undergraduate research - Senior Honors Thesis - Parkinson's disease research
- 1 year undergraduate teaching assistant
- 1 year student group leader, Organic Chem
- 2 summers as a Day Camp Coordinator/Counselor
- 4 first author/presented abstracts at major conferences, 10 co-authored abstracts
- 6 month UK study abroad (Medical Neuroscience)
- 4 year UM athlete

Mailed by SOPHAS: 12/11

Applied: Johns Hopkins (MPH/MBA), Dartmouth (General), (UMICH-HPM), Yale (HCM), Harvard (SM2-HPM), Columbia (HPM), BU (International Health- HPM), UC Denver (Global Health- HPM) -
Accepted: Dartmouth (1/17/2014), Michigan (2/6/24014), Yale (2/6/2014), Johns Hopkins MPH/MBA (2/12/2014), UC Denver (2/17/2014), Columbia (2/20/14), Harvard (2/26/2014)
Waitlisted: BU (1/9/2014)- withdrew (2/6/2014)

Good Luck to everyone! The waiting is rough stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Experience/Research:
- 3 years NIH Research Coordinator/Data Analyst on major NIH neuroimaging protocol, rare population
- 3 years undergraduate research - Senior Honors Thesis - Parkinson's disease research
- 4 first author/presented abstracts at major conferences, 10 co-authored abstracts

Applied: Johns Hopkins (MPH/MBA), Dartmouth (General), (UMICH-HPM), Yale (HCM), Harvard (SM2-HPM), Columbia (HPM), BU (International Health- HPM), UC Denver (Global Health- HPM) - Also plan to add a few more I'm just still deciding on which programs/locations I like best..these are definitely my top choices, just not feeling super confident about my stats)
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

Looking at your stats I must say....D!MN lol you're probably going to be accepted to most (or even all) the programs you applied to! Great job and good luck!

Experience/Research:

Applied: Johns Hopkins (MPH/MBA), Dartmouth (General), (UMICH-HPM), Yale (HCM), Harvard (SM2-HPM), Columbia (HPM), BU (International Health- HPM), UC Denver (Global Health- HPM) - Also plan to add a few more I'm just still deciding on which programs/locations I like best..these are definitely my top choices, just not feeling super confident about my stats)
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

Wolverines are representing on this thread! I think you have great stats and experiences. You seem very competitive for all of the schools that you are applying to. SPH admissions are competitive, but not as competitive as other graduate/professional programs, at least in my opinion. I think you'll be fine. Good luck and Go Blue!

Wolverines are representing on this thread! I think you have great stats and experiences. You seem very competitive for all of the schools that you are applying to. SPH admissions are competitive, but not as competitive as other graduate/professional programs, at least in my opinion. I think you'll be fine. Good luck and Go Blue!

Looking at your stats I must say....D!MN lol you're probably going to be accepted to most (or even all) the programs you applied to! Great job and good luck!

Ah! Thanks for the confidence boost guys, much appreciated, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Michigan/ Ann Arbor is the best! Wouldn't trade my undergrad experience for any other in the world! Congrats on your acceptance NeurosciTMS ! Go Blue!

Undergrad School: International Med School (MBBS)
Undergrad GPA: 4.00(WES evaluation)
Major/Minor: Professional Undergraduate degree in Medicine & Surgery

GRE : V151, Q162, AW 3.0 :'( in August '13
TOEFL: 98 on 120 in September '13
Experience/Research (please, be brief):
1 undergraduate research study
10 months clinical rotation at my medical college hospital
2 months rural service as medical doctor
6 months research and experience at Emergency management and Research Institute
Volunteered as doctor at a non-government organisation for 6 months

***Please include the following whenever possible: specific concentration/track, dates, type of correspondence (phone, email, letter, etc.), scholarships/grants. Judging by last year's thread, yes we are this obsessive and neurotic.***

Applied: I applied to 3 sets of universities as advised by my friend, as my chances were not too good being a international graduate and bad test scores.
1st Competitive: Harvards, UNC, Boston, Emory,UMich,
2nd Preferences: UTHSC, UIllinois, UAlabama, USF, Drexel,
3rd Safe bets: U Kentucky, USC, Texas A&M,

I know applying for so many university may seem crazy, but I don't want to take any chance.:ninja:

Accepted: Drexel (with Deans Scholarship of $17k/yr), University of Kentucky, USF, University Of Texas Health Science Center Houston
Rejected: U Mich :(
Waitlisted:

I am anxiously waiting for decision from other SPH.:thumbdown: But, for now UTHSC looks good for me. :)

Hi everyone! I've really been enjoying reading everyone else's stats - wishing you all the best with your applications through this waiting game! I'll update my post as admissions results (and hopefully acceptance letters!) arrive. (And, yes, NeurosciTMS - SO nice to see so many Wolverines here! Go Blue!)

Here's some info about me:

Undergrad School: University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
Undergrad GPA: 3.51
Major/Minor: Sociology (Honors) (major), Biology (minor)
GRE: 08/01/2013: 162V (89%), 162Q (84%), 5.0AW (93%)
Experience/Research:
-Current AmeriCorps VISTA member in a public health-related position
-Wrote an Honors thesis in Sociology, with original research on the life histories and experiences of counter-vaccination activists
-Volunteer at the UMich Hospital - Pediatric ICU
-Co-founded a course at Michigan - not health related, but was very involved with developing course material and facilitating the pilot discussion section.
-Two summers of study abroad, one about USA/UK health policy.
-Two years as an RA in the residence halls.

Applied: Michigan (EHS: Env. Quality & Health), Boston (EH), Columbia (EHS: Climate and Health or Env. Health Policy), Emory (EH), GW (Env. Health Science & Policy) (all mailed 12/12/13).
Accepted: Michigan (!!!) (1/17), Emory (1/17), GW (2/3)
Rejected:
Waitlisted:
BU (1/9/14)

Last edited:
Undergrad School: Boston University
Undergrad GPA: 3.41 (SOPHAS)
Major/Minor: B.S. Health Science/ minor Public Health
GradGPA (if applicable):
Grad Studies (if applicable):
GRE (including date taken) or Other Test (if applicable): 162Q 157V 4.0Writing taken beginning of november
summer internship in developing country
internship at WHO
part of 2 separate research teams
president of club at BU

***Please include the following whenever possible: specific concentration/track, dates, type of correspondence (phone, email, letter, etc.), scholarships/grants. Judging by last year's thread, yes we are this obsessive and neurotic.***

Applied: Tulane, BU, Columbia, GW, Yale
Accepted: Tulane (just heard yesterday)
Rejected: N/A
Waitlisted: N/A

Undergrad School: Boston University
Undergrad GPA: 3.41 (SOPHAS)
Major/Minor: B.S. Health Science/ minor Public Health
GradGPA (if applicable):
Grad Studies (if applicable):
GRE (including date taken) or Other Test (if applicable): 162Q 157V 4.0Writing taken beginning of november
summer internship in developing country
internship at WHO
part of 2 separate research teams
president of club at BU

Applied: Tulane, BU, Columbia, GW, Yale
Accepted: Tulane (just heard yesterday)
Hi alexandra! Did you hear back from Tulane via email or mail?
& when did you submit your apps to Tulane and GW? I'm getting so eager to hear back!

Members don't see this ad :)
Undergrad School: University of Hawaii
Undergrad GPA: 3.05 (SOPHAS) (3.65 last 60 Credits)
Major/Minor: BA Biology / BA English
GradGPA (if applicable): 3.8
Grad Studies (if applicable): 9 PH Credits
GRE (including date taken): 158Q 154V 4.0 Writing, October 2013
1 yr. Indigenous Pop. Drug Prevention Research
1 yr. Intern at State DOH (Epi/Policy)
2 yr. Student Assistant at UH Office of Public Health
700 Hours of Health Volunteer Service

Applied: UW epi, U Hawaii epi, Columbia epi, Emory global epi, Boston epi, UCLA health management
Accepted: N/A

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
I submitted all my applications in late November, and am starting to get pretty nervous. Good luck to everyone!

Under/grad School:
Columbia University
Under/grad GPA: 3.52
Major/minor: Double Major in Biological Sciences and Middle Eastern/South Asian Studies
GRE: 164 V (93%) 162 Q (84%) 5 AW (93%) - June 2013
Experience/Research:
Research/Health-related Professional Experience
1) Summer analyst at Pfizer (Department of Global Outcomes Research/Health Economics)
2) 3 yrs undergraduate researcher at Columbia Med (Department of Neurosurgery and Neuropathology): 3 publications
3) 2 summers undergraduate researcher at Harvard Med (Department of Genetics)
Other Experience (yrs committed with org)
1) Chair of Global Health Committee (4 yrs) Led trips to Peru, Guatemala
2) Co-founder of Global Health teaching curriculum (4 yrs)
3) Editor-in-Chief of Columbia Undergraduate Science Journal (4 yrs)
4) ESL teacher to recent immigrants (4 yrs)
5) GED tutor to Rikers Island inmates (2 yrs)
6) Muslim Students Exec Board member (2 yrs)

Applied: Columbia (MPH in Epi, global health certificate), Yale (MPH in Health Policy, global health concentration), Harvard (MS in Global Health), Johns Hopkins (MSPH in International Health- Health Systems)

Decisions: Waiting!

Hey everyone! A quick update, I just got an acceptance Email from GW today and Johns Hopkins offered me admission on December 11th. Still waiting on the rest!

Hey everyone! A quick update, I just got an acceptance Email from GW today and Johns Hopkins offered me admission on December 11th. Still waiting on the rest!

Congratulations! Was this JHU's MPH, MHA or MHS program?

Undergrad School: Loyola University Chicago
Undergrad GPA: 2.9
Undergrad Major: History
GRE: 164(V), 153(Q), 5.0(AW)
Experience: 2 Years as an EMT in college, and 3 years of full-time work as a Paramedic for Hennepin County EMS in Minneapolis, MN.

Applied: GWU (HPM), Minnesota (HPM), Pitt (undecided), Columbia (undecided) (SOPHAS MAILED 11-21-13)
Accepted: GWU (12-16-13), Minnesota (1-7-13)
Attending: Minnesota!!!

Basically why I bothered to post this is to help reassure others. I've got 3 F's on my college transcripts and took 6 years to graduate. My GPA is less than 3.0. Write a good essay, and get involved outside of school, do well on your GRE and things can be forgiven (at least from GWU apparently hahaha). I thought my undergraduate GPA would haunt me till the day I died!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

I heard from GW today too!

Ahhh I can't wait to hear back from JHU!

Accepted to GWU today for MPH - epidemiology!

Congrats on your acceptance!!!!!

Just curious, did it say in your acceptance email that you were accepted for epidemiology? I applied for epi too, and was accepted too, but my email was very generic...it just said I was accepted to the School of Public Health and Health Services.

Sorry, I am a bit neurotic.

Thanks!

Congrats on your acceptance!!!!!

Just curious, did it say in your acceptance email that you were accepted for epidemiology? I applied for epi too, and was accepted too, but my email was very generic...it just said I was accepted to the School of Public Health and Health Services.

Sorry, I am a bit neurotic.

Thanks!

While it didn't specify, I'm sure they'll be a bit more specific in the acceptance packet they're sending us. Probably just a more general email... I wouldn't worry yourself!

I didnt see as many people on this forum as last year, maybe because (at the time) my life revolved around this forum it seemed like more. Anyway, I hope that there are fewer applicants this year and many of your get into your dream school.

In my experience, almost everyone should have their decisions by Feb 2014.

Good Luck!

Hi Guys,
I submitted all my applications in late November, and am starting to get pretty nervous. Good luck to everyone!

Under/grad School:
Columbia University
Under/grad GPA: 3.52
Major/minor: Double Major in Biological Sciences and Middle Eastern/South Asian Studies
GRE: 164 V (93%) 162 Q (84%) 5 AW (93%) - June 2013
Experience/Research:
Research/Health-related Professional Experience
1) Summer analyst at Pfizer (Department of Global Outcomes Research/Health Economics)
2) 3 yrs undergraduate researcher at Columbia Med (Department of Neurosurgery and Neuropathology): 3 publications
3) 2 summers undergraduate researcher at Harvard Med (Department of Genetics)
Other Experience (yrs committed with org)
1) Chair of Global Health Committee (4 yrs) Led trips to Peru, Guatemala
2) Co-founder of Global Health teaching curriculum (4 yrs)
3) Editor-in-Chief of Columbia Undergraduate Science Journal (4 yrs)
4) ESL teacher to recent immigrants (4 yrs)
5) GED tutor to Rikers Island inmates (2 yrs)
6) Muslim Students Exec Board member (2 yrs)

Applied: Columbia (MPH in Epi, global health certificate), Yale (MPH in Health Policy, global health concentration), Harvard (MS in Global Health), Johns Hopkins (MSPH in International Health- Health Systems)

Decisions: Waiting!

praying for you!

Undergrad School: Queens University of Charlotte
Undergrad GPA: 3.78
Major/Minor: B.S. Nursing B.A. Spanish
GRE (7/13): V (155:66%) Q (155:61%) W (5.5:97%)
Experience/Research: 1 yr work experience as Pediatric Nursing Assistant, President of Student Nursing Association, NCAA Cheerleader, Bi-lingual office management volunteer at community health clinic, SE Asia international medical team member volunteer, study abroad Ecuador

Program: MPH/MI
Concentration: Maternal and Child Health

Applied: Tulane, Minnesota, Colorado, GW, & Loma Linda
Accepted: n/a
Rejected: n/a
Waitlisted: n/a

Accepted to both Tulane and GWU in the concentration of Maternal and Child Health! Still waiting to hear back from the others, but those were my top two schools. Which do you all believe is the better choice?

I did...and I did HORRIBLE! :eek::confused::( V: 144, Q:149 (yikes!!)
But I deserved it. That's what I get for literally cramming 3 weeks before.. and already lacking a diverse vocabulary.

It was SO overwhelming.. I didn't even write a complete essay on the Issue portion, and I got a time cut-off on a few sections..automatic WRONGS!

OH WELL..
I'm not even going to try to take it again...
no use, because I knowingly suck at standardized testing. hahha

SO, fingers crossed my high GPA will help me.
Unfair they judge us on testings anyways :(

Hi,

I m a dentist from India. Wanna do MPH from states or canada.
GPA is more than 3.
I also got my GRE as V:145, Q:148, & AWA -3.. I knw its not good enough, bt no time to retake. :(

I am having 2 yrs of clinical work experience as a dentist. And also I work with some non - profitable organizations.

So, can u help like which schools I can apply either in States or Canada.

Thanx.... waiting fr ur reply.. :)

Finally some news, accepted at Pitt for Epi! Still waiting to hear from others, including my first choice, Minnesota!

Alright, I guess I'll finally stop lurking and post :p

Undergrad School: VCU
Undergrad GPA: 3.78
Major/Minor: bioinformatics / chemistry and French
GradGPA (if applicable): n/a
Grad Studies (if applicable): n/a
GRE (including date taken) or Other Test (if applicable): >.< MCAT - 30
- HHMI Summer Scholars research on developing heart pump, resulted in publication (second author)
- 1 year research assistant
- bioinformatics work on influenza, other coursework w/ paratransgenic vector control
- 2 years ER medical scribe
- 1 year free clinic volunteer

Applied: Yale (MPH EMD), Tulane (MPH Epi), U Mich ( MPH HME), GWU (MS Public health microbio and emerging ID), SOPHAS mailed 12/5 ;
U Pitt (MPH IDM PEL), Emory (MSPH Global epi) SOPHAS mailed 12/12
JHSPH MS MMI (submitted 1/27)
Accepted: University of Michigan, Tulane, University of Pittsburgh (accepted 01/06), Emory (MSPH Epi, 2/4), GW (2/10), JHSPH (!!! 3/19), Yale (4/24)

Rejected: n/a

Waitlisted:
Yale (2/7) ... accepted! 4/24

Attending: JHSPH ScM MMI

For U Mich, I received an e-mail confirming they received my app on 12/9, received an e-mail that I was recommended for admission on 12/11, and received the official offer on 12/12
For Tulane, I was offered admission on 12/12

I still haven't received a confirmation e-mail from Emory, do they usually send one shortly after SOPHAS mails the app or are they a bit slower?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Please anyone has information about MPH program in Grand Canyon University, in terms of the rating and efffectiveness of the MPh program in that university? Pls help with any good info

Hello, I know this is not the exact place for this question, but this is also the one thread that has gotten the most action in the last few weeks.
I already have a thread of this info, but this will be the quick to the note of what I am asking:
-Have not taken GRE
-Plan on taking GRE in late January to early February
-My parents really want me to re-consider medicine but I want to go into an MPH for Epidemiology program
-3.15 GPA in Physiology with minor in Philosophy through Michigan State (I can explain the low GPA in a brief part of personal letter)
-I already know the deadline dates for the programs I am looking at.

My questions now:
-If the school I am applying to is "apply through SOPHAS" can I put my application through BEFORE I get my GRE results?
Reason I ask is because a couple of the schools I am interested in have a deadline of February 15th, in which if the GRE results are like the MCAT it would take 30 days to get the results.
-If I apply before February 15th at these schools through SOPHAS but I have not yet received my GRE score could I still be accepted to this program?

Hello, I know this is not the exact place for this question, but this is also the one thread that has gotten the most action in the last few weeks.
I already have a thread of this info, but this will be the quick to the note of what I am asking:
-Have not taken GRE
-Plan on taking GRE in late January to early February
-My parents really want me to re-consider medicine but I want to go into an MPH for Epidemiology program
-3.15 GPA in Physiology with minor in Philosophy through Michigan State (I can explain the low GPA in a brief part of personal letter)
-I already know the deadline dates for the programs I am looking at.

My questions now:
-If the school I am applying to is "apply through SOPHAS" can I put my application through BEFORE I get my GRE results?
Reason I ask is because a couple of the schools I am interested in have a deadline of February 15th, in which if the GRE results are like the MCAT it would take 30 days to get the results.
-If I apply before February 15th at these schools through SOPHAS but I have not yet received my GRE score could I still be accepted to this program?

Hey,

SOPHAS will verify your application even if they haven't received your GRE scores, but I'm not sure if they'll send it. You should definitely call them and ask about this ASAP.

It will take about 2 weeks to get your GRE score, and if you select your school at the testing center then your school will receive the scores as soon as you do.

SOPHAS must have the minimum required documents and your app needs to be verified by your school's deadlines in order for them to mail it. SOPHAS may send an incomplete application (i.e., not all LORS have been received) but if your school doesn't have it by their deadline they will probably not consider you. If you call some schools and tell them your situation, they might be willing to work with you, but only the schools would be able to tell you this.

Are you at all considering a postbac for med school? If you are, then there's no harm in applying to both programs and figuring it out later, but it would work in your interest to apply to them as soon as you can.

Also, I'm sure so many other people have told you this, but remember that it's not your parents going through 7-10 years of medical school + residency + fellowship, it's you. And then it will be you going to work every day and practicing medicine until you a) change jobs or b) retire (or c) become a stay at home parent.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Got into yale today, Chronic Disease Epi!

AHH congrats! I applied to the program as well and am anxiously waiting. Did they tell you via email?

Yeah! I saw that I had an e-mail from them, and just thought "this better not be another disappointing 'Happy Holidays' e-mail", but nope it was real!

Yeah! I saw that I had an e-mail from them, and just thought "this better not be another disappointing 'Happy Holidays' e-mail", but nope it was real!
Congrats!! How long did it take for Yale to get back to you?

Congrats!! How long did it take for Yale to get back to you?

I submitted SOPHAS on 11/14 but it wasn't mailed until 11/27....I'm not sure if there was some delay in communication or something though because I got both the receipt confirmation and the application complete notification from Yale right after SOPHAS marked it as sent!

Undergrad School: Lagos State University College of medicine,
Undergrad GPA: 3.25 (WES)
Major/Minor: Medicine & Surgery (M.B; B.S)
GradGPA
(if applicable): N/A
Grad Studies (if applicable): N/A
GRE : Quant (156), Verbal (158), AWA (4/6)October 2013 or Other Test TOEFL 114/120(if applicable):
i. Medical officer Pearl Clinic, 6 months
ii. Medical officer, National Youth Service Corps Directorate HQ, 1 year
iii House officer/ Intern Federal medical center 1 year
iv. Research- Nutritional Asssessment of Children Using Anthropometric Measurements- 3 months
v. Volunteer- Breast Without Spot 1 year( promoting Breast Cancer Awareness)
vi. Volunteer- Speakers Corner Trust

Applied: Harvard(Quantitative Methods), BU(Epi), University of Texas(Epi),
Drexel(Epi), Texas a and M(Epi), University of North Texas (Epi), Minnesota (Epi)

Accepted: Univ of Texas, Minnesota, Drexel($10,000/year dean scholarship)
Rejected:-
Waitlisted:-

Hoping for positive responses from the rest of the schools. In between has anyone who applied at the University of Texas, received scholarship awards via email? Anyone admitted in Minnessota here?

Looking forward to your feedback. Thanks.

Last edited:
Congrats on the schools that you've so far been accepted in. Ive also been accepted at the University of Texas, Houston, Have you received any e-mail from Texas as regards scholarship awards?

Undergrad School: International Med School (MBBS)
Undergrad GPA: 4.00(WES evaluation)
Major/Minor: Professional Undergraduate degree in Medicine & Surgery

GRE : V151, Q162, AW 3.0 :'( in August '13
TOEFL: 98 on 120 in September '13
1 undergraduate research study
10 months clinical rotation at my medical college hospital
2 months rural service as medical doctor
6 months research and experience at Emergency management and Research Institute
Volunteered as doctor at a non-government organisation for 6 months

Applied: I applied to 3 sets of universities as advised by my friend, as my chances were not too good being a international graduate and bad test scores.
1st Competitive: Harvards, UNC, Boston, Emory,UMich,
2nd Preferences: UTHSC, UIllinois, UAlabama, USF, Drexel,
3rd Safe bets: U Kentucky, USC, Texas A&M,

I know applying for so many university may seem crazy, but I don't want to take any chance.:ninja:

Accepted: Drexel (with Deans Scholarship of $17k/yr), University of Kentucky, USF, University Of Texas Health Science Center Houston
Rejected: U Mich :(
Waitlisted:

I am anxiously waiting for decision from other SPH.:thumbdown: But, for now UTHSC looks good for me. :)

Congrats. Ive also been accepted by the University of Texas Houston for Epi as well as Drexel. As regards Texas, have you gotten any email as regards whether or not youve been awarded scholarships? Also for Drexel, did u get the Deans Scholarship notification via the admission packet that they said would be sent via postal mail or was it your notification via email you received it?

Undergrad School: Syracuse University
Undergrad GPA: 3.6
Major/Minor: Public Health (B.S)
Mcat : 32
Experience/Research:
1) Summer community participatory research intern at UNM
2) 1 semester public health internship at SUNY Upstate
3) 3 years of volunteering at local hospitals
4) Internship at Caring Hospice Inc.
5) Was involved with multiple on campus orgs
6) SMDEP intern at Duke Med school

My SOPHAS app will be mailed out sometime next week.

Applied: Columbia(SMS), NYU(Community & International health), Brown University, SUNY Downstate(Epi), New York Medical College (Behavioral sciences), UIC (Community health sciences), Arkansas(Health behavior), Kentucky(Health behavior), Mercer

Accepted: SUNY Downstate (notification by mail)
Rejected:-
Waitlisted:-

Has anyone who's applied to UCLA/UC Berkeley heard any updates yet? UCLA confirmed that they had received both my SOPHAS and supplemental app on 12/11, but nothing yet for Berkeley. Very eager to hear back from both of these schools!

Has anyone who's applied to UCLA/UC Berkeley heard any updates yet? UCLA confirmed that they had received both my SOPHAS and supplemental app on 12/11, but nothing yet for Berkeley. Very eager to hear back from both of these schools!

I got mail from Berkeley that they received my SOPHAS application. Thats it.. :)

Figured I'd make an account and get in on this

Undergrad School:
Columbia University School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Undergrad GPA: 3.33 (SOPHAS)
Major/Minor: Earth and Environmental Engineering with a focus on Water Resources and Climate Systems
GRE: 610 (84%) V, 800 (93%) M, 4.5 (78%) W, October 2010
*Peace Corps Volunteer, Water and Sanitation Engineer, Dominican Republic (2 years when I finish in May) - built a water system, did health and sanitation education, plus a little HIV/AIDS work
*Student Intern, Columbia Water Center (2 years)
*2 week research course in Chile
*5 day research trip to Haiti to check on water qualify following the 2010 Earthquake
*1 month teaching STEM to high school students in Ghana
*Engineering Student Council (3 years)

Applied: Emory (MPH Global Environmental Health), Columbia (MPH EH with Global Health Certificate), UNC Chapel Hill (MSPH in Environmental Sciences and Engineering), Tulane (MSPH in Global Environmental Health Sciences) - All submitted end of October
Accepted: N/A

I'm surprised I haven't heard anything from Tulane - it's been 2 months, and some people had a 2 week turn around! Maybe my department is slower?

Was accepted to Mount Sinai this morning! So nice to have at least one acceptance in the bag haha

Undergrad School: Large New England State University
Undergrad GPA: 3.68 (SOPHAS)
Major/Minor: Public Health with a Minor in Political Science
GRE: V 162, Q 156
*Undergraduate research assistant on a NIH funded study about gestational diabetes
*Currently work (2.5 yrs) at a large/well known public health research company. Work on projects evaluating major ACA initiatives as an analyst and project coordinator.

Interested in continuing with health policy management and/or health care administration (I like the focus on financial skills), but somewhat worried about low quant score. Any thoughts would be welcome. Good Luck everyone!

Applied: Univ of Minn (MHA), UNC Chapel Hill (MHA), Emory (MPH HPM), UCLA (MPH HPM), Univ of Michigan (MHSA), Berkley (MPH HPM), Harvard (SM HPM), Yale (MPH HPM), JHU (MHA) All submitted end of November

Accepted: UNC Chapel Hill (MHA), Emory (MPH HPM), UCLA (MPH HPM), Univ of Michigan (MHSA), Yale (MPH HPM), JHU (MHA)
Withdrew:
Univ of Minn (MHA)

Last edited:
Has anyone who applied to Boston University heard anything yet?

Has anyone who applied to Boston University heard anything yet?

I recieved an email says that my application is complete and being forwarded to the department. They also said that it will take up to 6 weeks to review and this was on 12/22.