Mizzou C/O 2022 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1 down 9 to go! Also rejected this morning

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
rejected :( good luck everyone who got an interview, best wishes!

Rejected from Missouri and got an Interview for Kansas state all on the same day... its hard to know what each school is look at or for! Keep your chin up guys! We'll all end up where we're meant to be.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also rejected this morning, congrats to everyone who got an interview!

I received a rejection email this morning, as well

Also rejected this morning. Don't have high hopes for Kansas either..

soooo... if we have heard nothing - is that the limbo list people were talking about???

anyone know when fall grades are due?

I will be interviewing at Mizzou on Jan 7! Hope to meet some of yall there. Good luck to everyone!!

Still haven't heard anything from Mizzou since they sent out rejections in November. Does this mean I am still being considered?

Members don't see this ad :)
Still haven't heard anything from Mizzou since they sent out rejections in November. Does this mean I am still being considered?
If you are OSS I would definitely call and see what is up, you should have heard something because responding to interview invites closed 12/8. If you are IS, you won't hear for awhile...February I think?

If you are OSS I would definitely call and see what is up, you should have heard something because responding to interview invites closed 12/8. If you are IS, you won't hear for awhile...February I think?
That would be just my luck if I got an interview and of course missed the deadline to schedule. Ugh. Today couldn't be any worse.

That would be just my luck if I got an interview and of course missed the deadline to schedule. Ugh. Today couldn't be any worse.
Hope you hear some good news. The email says "We ask that you respond to this invitation by Friday, December 8. " So I'm not sure how firm that deadline is/was. Has your portal changed?

Hope you hear some good news. The email says "We ask that you respond to this invitation by Friday, December 8. " So I'm not sure how firm that deadline is/was. Has your portal changed?
The supplemental applicant portal hasn't changed at all.. Is there another portal I'm supposed to be looking at?

No that's the only portal. When I got my interview it changed to give me an option to select an interview time. I would definitely call them then and see what's up regardless.
I am a completely and utter idiot. I got my VMCAS ID applicant number wrong by switching 2 numbers and just now caught this. Probably means my application was disqualified and that I wasn't even considered Ugh.

so if I haven't been contacted OOS then I should call them and see what's up? I can't remember the password to the portal

so if I haven't been contacted OOS then I should call them and see what's up? I can't remember the password to the portal
You could be one of those in limbo, however, there was someone last year who missed an email, so it could be helpful to just shoot a quick call/email to Kathy to make sure.

Did everyone get notified through the portal? Or did people get emails? I haven’t received any email from them and I forgot my username and password for the portal. Just emailed support to try to retrieve my info.

Did everyone get notified through the portal? Or did people get emails? I haven’t received any email from them and I forgot my username and password for the portal. Just emailed support to try to retrieve my info.
I got an email

Email and registering for an interview was done on the portal.

Aww, sorry to hear that.:(
So, some good news. got into contact with Kathy on Friday and there was an error in their system and I didn't get sent an email. They should be sending my email later today with the admission committee's decision. Not expecting to get good news but at least I can say I tried. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Got an email about interview details. It's coming up so soon ahh!! How long after interviews do we find out?

Last edited:
Got an email about interview details. It's coming up so soon ahh!! How long after interviews do we find out?
Typically you guys will find out at the tail end of Jan (28 onward), or in the first week or so in Feb.

Did I miss it, or did IS applicants hear anything yet? The only thing I got was an email asking to confirm my fall grades. I'm still over here biting my nails.

Hey guys, I'm interviewing on the 5th and I'm super excited!!! Can anyone tell me how their interviews were? I'm so excited but since it's the first days of interviews I have absolutely no basis about what to expect. Thank you guys in advance :D

Hey guys, I'm interviewing on the 5th and I'm super excited!!! Can anyone tell me how their interviews were? I'm so excited but since it's the first days of interviews I have absolutely no basis about what to expect. Thank you guys in advance :D
From what I've heard just go in knowing yourself really. It's about clarifying points on your application and such, also so they can get an understanding for your exposure and experience to the field. Good luck tomorrow! Let us later people know how it goes!

From what I've heard just go in knowing yourself really. It's about clarifying points on your application and such, also so they can get an understanding for your exposure and experience to the field. Good luck tomorrow! Let us later people know how it goes!

Well, unfortunately I live in NY and we are grounded until Sunday. so i had to reschedule my interview for next weekend. Sorry :( thanks for the advice though!

Anyone interview today? How was it? I interview tomorrow! :)

@BioNerd14 @kjl3e let me know how it goes! I'm flying to KC right now and have my interview on Sunday (tomorrow! ah!!)

It went well! Pretty laid back and just know your application/experiences well. It was a little tricky with questions about my research but not too bad :) good luck!

Hey all, I'm a current OOS 4th year at Mizzou. I helped with interviews yesterday giving tours and serving on the student panel. If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask anything! I'm 1,000 miles from home, but I've lived in Columbia for nearly 4 years now and wouldn't trade my time at Mizzou for anything!

Good luck to everyone interviewing!

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks everyone for making it an awesome weekend! I really enjoyed my visit :)

Thanks everyone for making it an awesome weekend! I really enjoyed my visit :)
Glad you had a good visit!! We ambassadors enjoyed interacting with all of you as well!!

For those who haven't interviewed yet, don't stress yourself out! It is meant to be very conversational and they are not there to interrogate you.

Some things from this weekend:
-Kathy said that decisions will be sent out by (hopefully before) Feb 1.
-If you are one who really wants to know about our school or has a bunch of questions, definitely attend the student panel (lunch is from 12-1, panel normal goes until 2).
-Remember to bring a copy of your fall grades to give to Kathy, though the official transcript won't be due until after acceptance and things.
-If you hang up front by the lobby, there will be tours going on all the time!
- If you are lost, need help with something, or have a question, just ask one of the ambassadors, who will be wearing a gray pullover or black and gold shirt.

I'm gonna go ahead an break the silence here. Anyone know roughly how many students get accepted out of those interviewed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using SDN mobile

I'm gonna go ahead an break the silence here. Anyone know roughly how many students get accepted out of those interviewed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using SDN mobile
The number changes every year, so take this with a grain of salt, but with ~200-240 interviews, they accepted roughly double of seats (so ~120) right off the bat. That doesn't include how many they take off the waitlist, which almost always has a lot of movement for OOS.

Anyone else starting to get nervous?
Not yet because I don't even really consider it a possibility of knowing this week. I would guess next week or early the week after.

Not yet because I don't even really consider it a possibility of knowing this week. I would guess next week or early the week after.
Agree! I figured that they'd take all of this week to figure everyone out and input scores since this last weekend was also interviews then we will pry find out close to end of next week if not later so they can get OUR (right guys?!?!:D) acceptance packet put together and sent out.
I'm not stressing about this especially because I have an interview next week I gotta focus on first! Doesn't help I also start my new job on Monday so I'm plenty distracted:)