Mississippi State CVM Class of 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if they’ve finished calling IS? My nerves can’t take much more lol

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS alternate… bummed they aren’t giving out a rank

Reactions: 2 users
Alternates, keep your head up high! OOS waitlist is known to move pretty high up the list. Don’t give up!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think they still tell you what quartile you’re placed in if you call?

Not sure. Mississippi is my top choice. I figured once I heard from all my other schools then I’d call and see if they would tell me if I had a good chance at getting pulled from the waitlist. MSStates admissions has been so kind and helpful I would be surprised if they didn’t give me something

Not sure. Mississippi is my top choice. I figured once I heard from all my other schools then I’d call and see if they would tell me if I had a good chance at getting pulled from the waitlist. MSStates admissions has been so kind and helpful I would be surprised if they didn’t give me something

Agreed they are always super helpful! I had a similar thought, or at least asking if we can know how many people are on the waitlist to manage my expectations. Like if it’s 150 vs 300 people… that is quite a difference!

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah if someone could find out how many people are on the waitlist that would be amazing lol

What time did people get their alternate emails? Mine was 711pm cst

Do you think they’ll be providing quartiles? I was wondering if we’d be able to call and find out what quartile we are in on the waitlist.

Do you think they’ll be providing quartiles? I was wondering if we’d be able to call and find out what quartile we are in on the waitlist.
They did say we could do that during the interview orientation but after reading that email I’m not so sure. It wouldn’t hurt to ask!

Just gave up my alternate seat. Good luck, everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
If anyone finds out any information on quartiles, let us know!

my friend`s an alternate :/. They were super exicted for Mississippi and since they were rejected from IS they had high hopes for it. Does anybody know if you got the bardsley scholar packet thing can you still interview for it if your called off the alternate list?

Congrats to everybody who got in!!!

Do they also send rejections after interviews? or does basically everyone that didn’t get an offer get placed on the alternate list ?

Do they also send rejections after interviews? or does basically everyone that didn’t get an offer get placed on the alternate list ?
I’m pretty sure a current Mississippi State student said there are people who get rejected after the interview. It was in the 7th page of the thread.

IS alternate :( does anyone know how much movement there normally is on the IS list? should I give up hope now lol

I just called the office and they said they were giving out any information about the placement for this cycle :(
Yeah they responded to my email from this morning saying they would be unable to provide quartile information. Now we just have to play the waiting and hoping game.

I was an OOS alternate last year. As for movement of the alternate lists, right before classes started they sent out an email saying that for the at-large/non-resident alternates they got to the 2nd quartile, and only pulled off the 1st quartile for MS, SC and WV seats. I didn’t make it off the list last year and I was in the 2nd quartile of the non-resident list. Its unfortunate they arn’t releasing quartiles ranking this year. I’m wishing the best of luck to yall!!!

I was an OOS alternate last year. As for movement of the alternate lists, right before classes started they sent out an email saying that for the at-large/non-resident alternates they got to the 2nd quartile, and only pulled off the 1st quartile for MS, SC and WV seats. I didn’t make it off the list last year and I was in the 2nd quartile of the non-resident list. Its unfortunate they arn’t releasing quartiles ranking this year. I’m wishing the best of luck to yall!!!
Do you remember when the class was filled last year? Did they let you know what place you were in once it was filled to see if you wanted to stay on the list in case someone changed schools? I am terrified of getting called off in May or June and having to leave my job without two weeks notice and find a place to live

Do you remember when the class was filled last year? Did they let you know what place you were in once it was filled to see if you wanted to stay on the list in case someone changed schools? I am terrified of getting called off in May or June and having to leave my job without two weeks notice and find a place to live
I saw on the c/o of 2025 SDN that someone was called off middle of May.

On 2/15 I was notified I was an alternate. On 4/16 we were told that next 10 alternates on the list were notified of their position. They also said they were at the bottom of the first quartile at that time. Then on 6/3 they sent us the email I described above and stated their class was full and not expected to change. So, it is possible to get called off up until right to June. I was on 3 waitlists last year (Mississippi, Colorado and Kansas) and was never called off any. The waiting sucked so I feel for yall. But again I really hope it works out for everyone. Just hang in there!

Reactions: 1 users
On 2/15 I was notified I was an alternate. On 4/16 we were told that next 10 alternates on the list were notified of their position. They also said they were at the bottom of the first quartile at that time. Then on 6/3 they sent us the email I described above and stated their class was full and not expected to change. So, it is possible to get called off up until right to June. I was on 3 waitlists last year (Mississippi, Colorado and Kansas) and was never called off any. The waiting sucked so I feel for yall. But again I really hope it works out for everyone. Just hang in there!
I’m starting to think I may be better off assuming I was rejected. I don’t think I can keep waiting for 3-4 more months

• Care
I’m starting to think I may be better off assuming I was rejected. I don’t think I can keep waiting for 3-4 more months
Don’t lose hope yet! So many people will be hearing back from their IS schools and will be rejecting their seats! For all you know you’re the first person in the alternate list! Don’t give up :)

• Care
I’m an OOS alternate and am just so disappointed. It’s frustrating cus who knows if or when we’d get called off. Makes it hard to be able to make any decisions…

• Care
I’m an OOS alternate and am just so disappointed. It’s frustrating cus who knows if or when we’d get called off. Makes it hard to be able to make any decisions…
I agree that it’s frustrating (mainly because we don’t know the rank) but hey, At least we are still in the game! Keep your head up - the waitlist moves faster once other school let put their decisions. Plus we have months to make a decision!

I agree that it’s frustrating (mainly because we don’t know the rank) but hey, At least we are still in the game! Keep your head up - the waitlist moves faster once other school let put their decisions. Plus we have months to make a decision!
I wish all schools had at least similar timelines to release decisions, then it wouldn’t be such a waiting game. But let’s hope some of us hear soon (ish) :)

With Mississippi starting its curriculum much earlier than a lot of other schools, is it common for people to leave having been taken off other waitlists even after Mississippi has begun its school year? Like if someone accepted their seat and began classes but was then taken off the waitlist at their dream school, could they go? Is that even allowed?

With Mississippi starting its curriculum much earlier than a lot of other schools, is it common for people to leave having been taken off other waitlists even after Mississippi has begun its school year? Like if someone accepted their seat and began classes but was then taken off the waitlist at their dream school, could they go? Is that even allowed?
I would assume you'd have paid tuition if you started classes and you'd have found a place to live, so not sure who would then leave all that. But honestly I'm not entirely sure if it's possible or how that works

I would think that you are free to leave at any time but it would be very difficult to transfer already dispersed loans, break a lease you just signed and move again. I don’t think we sign anything that states we HAVE to stay. You’d just be forfeiting ALOT of money and time for that matter so that is something to consider before accepting your seat.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm on the OOS wailtist, hoping that I'm higher up on the list 🙏

Does anyone know when they are deciding and/or notifying the Bardsley scholarship winners or has anyone has been notified yet? I know they said by end of February, but I am deciding between schools and I am eager to find out!

Does anyone know when they are deciding and/or notifying the Bardsley scholarship winners or has anyone has been notified yet? I know they said by end of February, but I am deciding between schools and I am eager to find out!
I actually emailed them today and they said everyone who qualifies will be notified whether they got it or not within the next 2-3 weeks!