Missing Publix pharmacist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CetiAlphaFive

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
UGA grad and presumably grad intern about to get his license.

It's been a week since they retrieved the body. I am doubtful they find the human garbage who did this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guy gets approached and harrassed by 5 people before work.
They ask him how much he makes, etc...
He goes missing that night after leaving work.
His car is left open and ransacked.

Scary times, y'all.

Stay safe.

UGA grad reported missing after not returning home from Publix pharmacy job

Is that part about employees being told to park as far back as possible real? I would not even follow that rule, my car would be the closest car to the front door. Even when I work at the hospital, I forged up some documents to park in the attending physician only spots.

Reactions: 4 users
Perhaps its Publix new way of downsizing.

Is that part about employees being told to park as far back as possible real? I would not even follow that rule, my car would be the closest car to the front door. Even when I work at the hospital, I forged up some documents to park in the attending physician only spots.
Probably. If you go to a Walmart, look at the color of the lines separating the parking spots. About halfway back, they’ll change color. That’s the closest employees are supposed to park.

Reactions: 1 user
Haha, hard for them to do since we both quoted it ;)
I’ll delete mine if he delete his lol
I just can’t believe any well adjusted person would joke about something like this...

Reactions: 1 users
I’ll delete mine if he delete his lol
I just can’t believe any well adjusted person would joke about something like this...

Eh, I suspect it was a momentary lack of good judgement or not realizing how the comment might come across. I mean personally I think humor is a great tool even for dealing with terrible events. But yeah, it's too soon and in far too poor taste to joke around about the tragedy of a real person getting killed as a possible corporate downsizing tactic.

Members don't see this ad :)
Eh, I suspect it was a momentary lack of good judgement or not realizing how the comment might come across. I mean personally I think humor is a great tool even for dealing with terrible events. But yeah, it's too soon and in far too poor taste to joke around about the tragedy of a real person getting killed as a possible corporate downsizing tactic.
Yeah, you are probably right. I make some extremely crude jokes with my coworkers, jokes that will probably get me in a world of trouble if HR heard it, but even I shuddered when I read that statement.

Several years ago, similar incidence with a soon to be engineer, same area (GIT)...abandoned car. Turns out he committed suicide

Wasn't that determined to be what happened to the CDC doctor who disappeared under similar mysterious circumstances a while back?

Just a joke and not a good one but corporate makes me jadedo_O

Sadly, I feel it was a suicide but to early to know.

Wasn't that determined to be what happened to the CDC doctor who disappeared under similar mysterious circumstances a while back?
There's more to it than that in the case of the CDC MD. There is an ongoing AIB on the death with FBI cooperation.

As for this guy, hopefully this is not a hate crime on top of a probable death.

Wh
There's more to it than that in the case of the CDC MD. There is an ongoing AIB on the death with FBI cooperation.

As for this guy, hopefully this is not a hate crime on top of a probable death.
What is an "AIB"?

I don't come to the pharmacy forums much, but when I do, its awfully depressing.

Wh

What is an "AIB"?

In this day and age where the POTUS with no shame discriminates and attacks racial and religious minorities in this country- misguided and perverted supporters can and have been doing some horrendous things. I will not be surprised if this is a hate crime too.

In this day and age where the POTUS with no shame discriminates and attacks racial and religious minorities in this country- misguided and perverted supporters can and have been doing some horrendous things. I will not be surprised if this is a hate crime too.

There were no hate crimes before Trump?

That's news to me.

That's news to me.

Unfortunately there was and there will continue to be. However, you’d be lying to yourself if these things are not increasing trends in our society. By the way I’m not trying to pursuade you because what I’m saying is real phenomenon that doesn’t warrant any proving.

This is why minorities should stick to areas where there is a strong minority presence.

When I think of Georgia, the last race I think of is probably Indians.

Unfortunately there was and there will continue to be. However, you’d be lying to yourself if these things are not increasing trends in our society. By the way I’m not trying to pursuade you because what I’m saying is real phenomenon that doesn’t warrant any proving.

Guess it depends on your source and what the media wants to report.

Not saying it isn't true, fyi.

This is why minorities should stick to areas where there is a strong minority presence.

Lol there are plenty of people here from India

That's news to me.
If you’d pay attention to other news sources besides Fox News you’d know hate crimes have increased since the charletan took office.
Wagrxm2000 only pays attention to Fox News. He doesn’t realize that what this racist charlatan of a president says has an effect on society.

If you’d pay attention to other news sources besides Fox News you’d know hate crimes have increased since the charletan took office.

Wagrxm2000 only pays attention to Fox News. He doesn’t realize that what this racist charlatan of a president says has an effect on society.
You realize hate crimes have been increasing even before Trump right?

While it's impossible to know the exact numbers due to the way it's reported, most say the peak was in the early 2000s for recent numbers.

Oh and I've never watched fox news, shocking I know. I watch CNBC.

I stay away from those bias channels. They are pretty pointless to watch. I may read what each has on a topic though.

Wh

What is an "AIB"?
Administrative Investigation Board. Turns out that a bunch of people at work created a hostile work environment for him. Nothing will come of it , of course.

That really sucks to be that pharmacist. Despite our gloom and doom, getting disappeared under these circumstances is a waste of human resources though like normal, I expect Georgia to screw up the investigation.

Unfortunately at this gentlemen's expense its an opportunity for others to learn how to protect themselves. The biggest rule is do not go to secondary site. If you are being kidnapped fight at the initial site as your life depends on it because it does. If you are kidnapped overwhelmingly you will be killed at the secondary site.

Also, how crazy does carry conceal sound now?

Unfortunately at this gentlemen's expense its an opportunity for others to learn how to protect themselves. The biggest rule is do not go to secondary site. If you are being kidnapped fight at the initial site as your life depends on it because it does. If you are kidnapped overwhelmingly you will be killed at the secondary site.

There's not a single reason why a pharmacist shouldn't be allowed to conceal a gun.

Sad thing is news like this will go away within days with very little media coverage.

That’s exactly what I have been thinking. It’s better to try to fight at the initial site even if the other party has a gun (worst case scenario you will get shot and might end up dead.). But once you are kidnapped who knows what they will do to you? It’s a very disturbing thought.

Uhhh...

Why are people assuming it was white people?

In that part of Georgia, it may very well have been someone else

Hiiiiiiijole, que ricos son tus memes

Last edited:
If this guy really was accosted in the morning, he may have given off signs of weakness. Possibly racially motivated. 5 guys, way overpowered. Doesn't matter if you're an expert MMA fighter...

I keep my .40 with Hydra Shoks loaded at pharmacy 24/7/365. I don't care about next of kin coming after me.

What's wrong with Fox News? That's like saying nothing is wrong with CNN.

That shouldn’t be a point of contention as most media outlets aren’t completely free of bias. However any person with some commonsense will tell you Fox is absolutely biased to the right.
So yes if you’re only watching Fox you’re more than thinking America is great again.

That shouldn’t be a point of contention as most media outlets aren’t completely free of bias. However any person with some commonsense will tell you Fox is absolutely biased to the right.
So yes if you’re only watching Fox you’re more than thinking America is great again.

Fox is absolutely biased, just like CNN is. I don't want to devolve this thread into a discussion concerning Hillary and Trump so let's just agree that dogs and cats are awesome.

Yep. Absolutely. I can’t imagine any other president getting away with things he say or does. But unfortunately we are reaping the hate and divisiveness he sow.

The metro Atlanta area is quite a diverse area; TONS of Indians, Koreans, African Americans, Hispanics (we have some Spanish burrows), fair amount of Phillipinos & Middle Easterners.
Strangely enough, there were hardly any Jewish. Relatively low cost of living in suburbs compared to other major cities (commute is a b*tch)

Northern/rural Georgia on the other hand...

Last edited:
What kinda car was this dude driving to work with?

If this guy really was accosted in the morning, he may have given off signs of weakness. Possibly racially motivated. 5 guys, way overpowered. Doesn't matter if you're an expert MMA fighter...

Assuming the five guys really existed. Did anyone see them?

Excuse me? I thought this was 2018 and we lived in a post-racial society.

:wtf::boom::beat::troll::wow::wideyed:

Assuming the five guys really existed. Did anyone see them?

The entire story just seems weird. The Grad-Intern reportedly spoke openly about the 5 guys asking questioning him before his shift to his co-workers and had the entire day to mull over it.

Then he just gets kidnapped?