minnesota iv

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey
The minnesota interview results were supposed to be out by end of July. Did any body who interviewed at Minnesota, in may- june, hear anything from them as yet?
Me still waiting for the results

Members don't see this ad.

Hey

I mailed them to ask about the status of admission. I was informed that a meeting has not been held yet. One would be held later this month, means august. We would be informed after that.
Good luck everyone!!

hey elixir and anky can u plz share ur status..?

Members don't see this ad :)
plz tell ur stat....

i got rejection from UMN..my stat is nbde 90/toefl 105/gpa best( 3.58) , comprehensive (3.24)..

is my gpa to do something wid it..?

plz tell ur stat....

i got rejection from UMN..my stat is nbde 90/toefl 105/gpa best( 3.58) , comprehensive (3.24)..

is my gpa to do something wid it..?

HOLY!!!! :confused:
WHAT DO THEY WANT?..... WITH OR WITHOUT INTERVIEW?
i just got a mail saying right now they cannot give me an interview, but are keeping my application open. what does that mean?

dont worry, with ur score, u r gonna get through easily. good luck

nop...i got rejected b4 interview...i wasnt called for it...n even my application is not active :(

seriously i feel like i will not be called by ay uni...wats ur stat..?

When did you send your application? I haven't yet heard back from them and my appliication was completed on 26th June.

nop...i got rejected b4 interview...i wasnt called for it...n even my application is not active :(

seriously i feel like i will not be called by ay uni...wats ur stat..?

seriously i feel like i will not be called by ay uni...wats ur stat..?[/Q

Don't worry, u will get through. i am sure about that, ur hard work is gonna pay.

Last edited:
My stats are 91/111/3.85.. Good luck everyone.. Dont lose hope.. Hard work always pays off.. Just keep on going..

hi all,

i got an inteview call from uminn today. have any of u got a call as well??? I would appreciate your valuable guidance regarding what the interview would be like , what kind of questions are asked etc. pls reply to this message!!

Members don't see this ad :)
hi all,

i got an inteview call from uminn today. have any of u got a call as well??? I would appreciate your valuable guidance regarding what the interview would be like , what kind of questions are asked etc. pls reply to this message!!

hi smilemeter
congratulations!! If you check back the earlier posts in this thread, you will find information abt umn interview. I remember reading the experiences of students who got interviewed in may, june this year. I think its quite a cool interview as shared by interviewed students.
Do you mind sharing your status? and also when did you apply to umn? just curious to know if I stand any chance for interview. gudluck.

hi smilemeter
congratulations!! If you check back the earlier posts in this thread, you will find information abt umn interview. I remember reading the experiences of students who got interviewed in may, june this year. I think its quite a cool interview as shared by interviewed students.
Do you mind sharing your status? and also when did you apply to umn? just curious to know if I stand any chance for interview. gudluck.

Thanks for replying pbkal. I ll chk it out asap! my stats are 83 /118/4.00 i got a completion of application by the 21st of June.

If there is anybody else who has been called for interview in the same batch as mine it would be gr8 to have few inputs from you guys as well

Thanks for replying pbkal. I ll chk it out asap! my stats are 83 /118/4.00 i got a completion of application by the 21st of June.

If there is anybody else who has been called for interview in the same batch as mine it would be gr8 to have few inputs from you guys as well

What date is your interview scheduled on?

thanks smilemeter for sharing your status. wish you a very gudluck with the interview.

hey guys ,

am really nervous about how to go about preparing for the inteview..although i have read the earlier posts in this thread, I would greatly appreciate your help on specific questions which might might be asked. Please guide and your knowledge on the interview would be greatly appreciated. can anyone tell me what specific q's were asked? i really don see a point in asking what they expect cuz each person s profile furnishes different expectations....I also have a q regarding the ranking of the school. I know its an amazing school and some sites mention it in top 10 while others do not...can anyone throw some light on that part as well. I mean with specific links? would be extremely happy to secure your guidance . thanks all

super duper great dental school, small school for large state. Dr.Berthold has been awesome all the time at all levels, so is Janet and all the other clinical instructors. don't be nervous, relax and enjoy the long day of interview.you will be fine. when you go for interview , just talk to Janet and Dr.Berthold that " Rain says hi from NYC to you, Janet and Dr.Berthold." Thanks a lot.

god bless and good luck, doc.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
Got into UMN. Am so happy today. Its like a dream come true.
Good Luck to all those waiting for the decision.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Good Luck to all those waiting for the decision.​
congrats,you deserve it, I am allso hoping to get into school in 2011.
maiya

Good Luck to all those waiting for the decision.

Congrats!! When did you hear from them?? And did you get a phone call or an email??

Thanks Maiya. I am really happy.

Anky, I got a phone call yesterday afternoon. Good luck to you.

Congratulations, Drsrn!!! And welcome to Minnesota. It'a a very friendly state, you should like it here.

We'll be classmates. I got the call yesteday as well. :) Now I will give up my spots at interviews at Loma Linda and U Penn. UMN is the best ! At least for me:)

Thanks Maiya. I am really happy.

Anky, I got a phone call yesterday afternoon. Good luck to you.

Congratulations to all the accepted applicants.
I wonder if all the 10 seats are filled as i'm thinking if at all I should apply there.

hello,
just want to know did anyone received anything from may 26 batch.

Congratulations, Drsrn!!! And welcome to Minnesota. It'a a very friendly state, you should like it here.

We'll be classmates. I got the call yesteday as well. :) Now I will give up my spots at interviews at Loma Linda and U Penn. UMN is the best ! At least for me:)

A very very congratulations zobarste!!! this is awsum news....at least u won't have to wait any longer, as we have to!!! so happy for u...good luck!!!

u jst said u r going to leave ur spots for i.v at upenn. Could u please tell which date were u scheduled for an i.v at penn. Jst asking to get an idea till what date they have already called students...thanks and congrats again!!!

Thank you and the best of luck to you and everyone whose applications are pending!

U Penn sends out invitation letters via regular mail. In the letter, they are asking you to call them and set an interview date with them over the phone. It's nice that they give you that option! They are interviewing one day a week starting Sept 21. I don't know how many people are planned per day, but I'd guess that not many. When I called them last week, they said that 21st is already booked, but they had openings for the 28th. I'd guess that they are just starting to send out invitations. I think U Penn is an awesome school. Good luck in applying there!

A very very congratulations zobarste!!! this is awsum news....at least u won't have to wait any longer, as we have to!!! so happy for u...good luck!!!

u jst said u r going to leave ur spots for i.v at upenn. Could u please tell which date were u scheduled for an i.v at penn. Jst asking to get an idea till what date they have already called students...thanks and congrats again!!!

thanks zobarste for the info...

If u don't mind could u share ur stats and experience with us...jst wana know if we stand a chance at penn...

My numbers are pretty "typical". NBDE1/2 85/76. TOEFL 111. GPA 3.7. I think now it's the rest of your package which can make your application special. All forms of demonstrated committment to the profession such as observerships, other degrees from dental schools in the US, dental-related work, re-taking NBDE and TOEFL exams with improved scores, and re-applying next year if you get rejected this one... all of this matter at least as much as scores as I know now. Last year I almost lost my hopes, but now I am very happy that I did not give up.

All the best of luck to you.

thanks zobarste for the info...

If u don't mind could u share ur stats and experience with us...jst wana know if we stand a chance at penn...

Congratulations Zobarste !
Am sure its a much deserved one. Thanks for sharing your inputs. I wanted to know, what areas did you focus on when you re-applied ? Sure NBDE scores are impossible to deal with, but retaking TOEFL helps is it? also how did you work on your US experience in the re-application cycle?
THANKS AGAIN FOR THE MOTIVATION TO ALL OF US.

thanks a ton zobarste!!!! u have been really very helpful. God bless you. and as ddsMSD said, it is indeed a much deserved one!!!

Thanks guys for all your well wishes. As far as I know there should be plenty of positions available still (may be 6-7). So, keep your hopes high and wishing everyone all the luck needed to get into the program.

I re-took NBDE 1 while I still could. I took it 3 times in the last two years, all 3 times with passing and slightly improving scores :). Now it's not an option, I know.

This year I did some observerships. I think it's really important.

I also included continuig education classes I had taken in the US while working in dental industry. Forgot to do it last year.

Hopefully this helps. Thank you for the good words.

Congratulations Zobarste !
Am sure its a much deserved one. Thanks for sharing your inputs. I wanted to know, what areas did you focus on when you re-applied ? Sure NBDE scores are impossible to deal with, but retaking TOEFL helps is it? also how did you work on your US experience in the re-application cycle?
THANKS AGAIN FOR THE MOTIVATION TO ALL OF US.

Congratulations to all those who got acceptance..

@ Maiya and @ drsrn
Congratulations again....

Can you please share your app. profile/scores ?

I re-took NBDE 1 while I still could. I took it 3 times in the last two years, all 3 times with passing and slightly improving scores :). Now it's not an option, I know.

This year I did some observerships. I think it's really important.

I also included continuig education classes I had taken in the US while working in dental industry. Forgot to do it last year.

Hopefully this helps. Thank you for the good words.

congratulations zobarste..i have applied with 84/96/3.18./pg degree/8 years experience/publications/research exp./presentations/sports awards/observership.Do i stand a chance at this point of time in minnissota or any school.really worried.
kindly tell me about doing continuing dental education programs.

I got my continuing education courses at major dental conferences, like ADA, AGD, Chicago MidWinter, Greater New York. It was mostly lectures, but I did couple hands-on courses like Filtek Supreme layering for class 4 defects and one course at UMN with Dr. Mark Malterud. I think that ADA convention is the best place for CE.

I got my continuing education courses at major dental conferences, like ADA, AGD, Chicago MidWinter, Greater New York. It was mostly lectures, but I did couple hands-on courses like Filtek Supreme layering for class 4 defects and one course at UMN with Dr. Mark Malterud. I think that ADA convention is the best place for CE.

thank you zobarste for the information.when did u apply to UMN.how long does umn takes to inform about interview call status?does anyone when with such stats got a call from umn?

UMN has rolling admission. It's very important to apply early. This year I applied in April, and got an interview in June.

Good luck to you!

thank you zobarste for the information.when did u apply to UMN.how long does umn takes to inform about interview call status?does anyone when with such stats got a call from umn?

Good luck for your future. Thanks to all others who shared and motivated us again to keep hopes in this stressful phase. Good luck to applicants waiting for results , hope we all hear the good soon news.

Good luck for your future. Thanks to all others who shared and motivated us again to keep hopes in this stressful phase. Good luck to applicants waiting for results , hope we all hear the good soon news.
hey...long time no new interview calls from umn....are they done with the admissions or taking time in reviewing the applications.