minnesota iv

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi pbkal,
I dont think that you need to provide proof of your shadowing or clinical experience through letters. You should be fine with listing them it in your CV or Personal statement. They are very clear as to what things they need as part of your application. So, just include those things. Do not forget to include your Internship completion certificate though since they do not mention it in their application package list.

thanku very much drsrn. I really appreciate it. did u apply to umn? are you sure? did u get iv call from umn? please reply as soon as possible. I want to post my application by tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys!!
I know i'm killing you guys with my doubts, please bear me.
Are you guys including LOR's with the application packet?? Document check list doesnt ask for it. I have mentioned regarding that in CV. My question is- do we have to include LOR's from the professors of my BDS college in the application packet or provide them during interviews??
Please reply anyone who is now applying to UMN or have already applied. Please suggest.....urgent. Thankyou very much.

Hey Pbkal..i for one did not send LORs to UMN...in their FAQs they have said that you can send LORs if you want but it will not make much of a difference...

Members don't see this ad :)
thanku very much drsrn. I really appreciate it. did u apply to umn? are you sure? did u get iv call from umn? please reply as soon as possible. I want to post my application by tomorrow.

I did apply in April and did not hear from them till date. I am pretty sure about the experience documentation. Dont worry about it, you dont need to send it. Also, they mention that LORs may be send but wont make a difference. I did not send any LORs though I had them with me. However, its upto you to decide about the LORs. Just send whatever is listed in the application PLUS Internship completion certificate.

Hey Pbkal..i for one did not send LORs to UMN...in their FAQs they have said that you can send LORs if you want but it will not make much of a difference...

Thank you very much appu09. I guess you already got an interview call from UMN, right?? Wish you good luck with it.

I did apply in April and did not hear from them till date. I am pretty sure about the experience documentation. Dont worry about it, you dont need to send it. Also, they mention that LORs may be send but wont make a difference. I did not send any LORs though I had them with me. However, its upto you to decide about the LORs. Just send whatever is listed in the application PLUS Internship completion certificate.

Hi drsrn
Thank you very much for all your help. I believe you will hearing them soon from them as their website says they need 6-8 months time to respond after they receive our application. Wish you good luck with it.

Thank you very much appu09. I guess you already got an interview call from UMN, right?? Wish you good luck with it.

yeah i got a call...its on wednesday..thanks :)

Hi drsrn
Thank you very much for all your help. I believe you will hearing them soon from them as their website says they need 6-8 months time to respond after they receive our application. Wish you good luck with it.

Thanks pbkal. Good luck to you as well

Good Luck appu09 for your interview. God bless you!! Mine is on June30th.

dear frens,appu09 and anky.
all the best fo your interviews.I am waiting for the magic call
maiya

thank you anky and maiya for the wishes

@anky all the best for the interview on 30th

@maiya ..hope you get the magical call soon all the best.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thankyou maiya and appu09 for the best wishes.
And best of luck for the call...

Thankyou maiya and appu09 for the best wishes.
And best of luck for the call...
Hi guys
My score is 86. Can you please suggest me if i should apply to Minnesota. Anyone here who got a call from there with a similar score. Please let me know.I would be really thankful as i am tired of wasting money applying everywhere. my stats are 86,3.91,110..Kindly let me know if i stand a chance.
Thanks

Hi guys
My score is 86. Can you please suggest me if i should apply to Minnesota. Anyone here who got a call from there with a similar score. Please let me know.I would be really thankful as i am tired of wasting money applying everywhere. my stats are 86,3.91,110..Kindly let me know if i stand a chance.
Thanks
86 is not bad if u have taken it this yr.as u have only one chance now.u could try uni of minnesota as ur gpa is good.if u ve work experience that definitely adds up..no harm in trying..

hey guys i am a student at uni of minnesota.if u ve any q's feel free to shoot..

hey guys i am a student at uni of minnesota.if u ve any q's feel free to shoot..

Hi att3........... it would be great if you tell us wht we have to take in mind during interviews...........and what is their selection criteria according to you.

Hey att3, well even i had the same question!! Could you please tell how is the interview like and what is it based??? personal, clinical??? If clinical how is it like???

well you volunteered to come forward to help, it is apprecited!!! Thanks!!!

clinical experience is what they r looking for.it can either be as an assistant,observer in the US or dental hygienist.
the interview is pretty cool.they jus wanna know why u chose minnesota,what ur career plans are.they jus wanna see n know u better.thats all.so dont put up an act,just be urself and u will be good.
i hope that answers ur q's.if theres anything else feel free to ask.

clinical experience is what they r looking for.it can either be as an assistant,observer in the US or dental hygienist.
the interview is pretty cool.they jus wanna know why u chose minnesota,what ur career plans are.they jus wanna see n know u better.thats all.so dont put up an act,just be urself and u will be good.
i hope that answers ur q's.if theres anything else feel free to ask.

Thankyou so much for the information.How long will the interview last.And absolutely no clinical or ethical questions?Wow!And also can you tell me the minimum score with which some one has got in.

there are 3 separate interviews ..2 for 15 mins each and the one with Dr. Berthold is for around 30 mins..but just a very casual chit chat...a very relaxing environment..

there are 3 separate interviews ..2 for 15 mins each and the one with Dr. Berthold is for around 30 mins..but just a very casual chit chat...a very relaxing environment..

hey appu09!! how did your interview go? what abt the other 2 interviews which are 15 min each? How did you feel? What do they focus on during interview? I know many questions.......please do not mind.

86 is not bad if u have taken it this yr.as u have only one chance now.u could try uni of minnesota as ur gpa is good.if u ve work experience that definitely adds up..no harm in trying..
Hi att3, I have 9 months of dental asst. exp... I havent applied yet. I do research for a proff at columbia and I am waiting for his recc .letter. Do they really care abuot lors as I dont see it anywhere mentioned that they even require it? kindly let me know. Should I wait for a couple od days for the lor or just send it without lor. I see that they have already conducted ivs and they just have 10 seats. I really dont know what to do? please guide.Thanks

hey appu09!! how did your interview go? what abt the other 2 interviews which are 15 min each? How did you feel? What do they focus on during interview? I know many questions.......please do not mind.

Hey pbkal..the other 2 interview were also just a casual talk..like hobbies..diff in america and india in terms of lifestyle and dentistry..why did you choose dentistry...above all you just have to be yourself..thats all that they want...you will not even feel its an interview...

u r good.applying early in the cycle is very important.atleast uni of minn doesnt require lors.research exp is good.mention that in ur resume.u dont need to wait for ur prof to give u the reco.
its not too late now.jus give it a shot.all the best.if it makes u feel any better,there is someone in our batch with 86.no harm trying

Hi att3, I have 9 months of dental asst. exp... I havent applied yet. I do research for a proff at columbia and I am waiting for his recc .letter. Do they really care abuot lors as I dont see it anywhere mentioned that they even require it? kindly let me know. Should I wait for a couple od days for the lor or just send it without lor. I see that they have already conducted ivs and they just have 10 seats. I really dont know what to do? please guide.Thanks

guys i ve noticed that most of u are worried abt the interviews.atleast for uni of minn u dont have to worry abt that.
that should be the least important thing on ur mind.jus be urself.there r no clinical or theory q's asked.so jus relax..
all the best...

Hey Guys,
I got an interview call for 11th August. Is anyone scheduled for the same date?

@ drsrn .. can you please tell us .when did you appy and wat are your stats..
I know direct comparison does not make sense as each profile has some strong point and thats the basis for selection .. but just of curiosity ...I applied in may1st week .. wondering iF I still have a chance

Janet called me first and then in about an hour she emailed me all the necessary information about the interview.

Hey Guys,

Those who already have been interviewed, can you please let me know how many students do they interview in one day....just wondering if we still have chance for the interview call.....

Thanks

i got an email fron UMN : This letter serves an notification that you,at this time, have not been chosen for an interview. However, we are keeping your file active and will notify you via email/letter in the event that you will be invited for an interview.
Is that mean they will consider my application for second phase of interview for 2011 classes. Or I have no hopes for this year.
plz explain i applied in may.

i got an email fron UMN : This letter serves an notification that you,at this time, have not been chosen for an interview. However, we are keeping your file active and will notify you via email/letter in the event that you will be invited for an interview.
Is that mean they will consider my application for second phase of interview for 2011 classes. Or I have no hopes for this year.
plz explain i applied in may.
i think you are wait listed so still there is hope:thumbup:.Can you pls share your statistics.It would give us an idea..Thnx

@bdsgirl: they call 4 people on one day for an interview

@dds soon: it means that you are waitlisted for now and may or may not get a interview call this year

Thank you Appu09 for your answer.....So it is different from Colorado because they invited over 60 people in one day.....Hope to get a call soon.....

Thank you Appu09 for your answer.....So it is different from Colorado because they invited over 60 people in one day.....Hope to get a call soon.....

yeah its different..they cal 4 people and each have 3 interviews..2 for 15 mins and one for half an hour..the whole thing goes on from 8 am to 4 pm..its a very relaxing and pleasant experience..

yeah its different..they cal 4 people and each have 3 interviews..2 for 15 mins and one for half an hour..the whole thing goes on from 8 am to 4 pm..its a very relaxing and pleasant experience..
hi att3.. i am a FTD..84/3.18/96/pg degree/publication/research exp/teaching/clinical. i will be filling my application now.how many seats left...Do i stand any chances.. really worried.

dont worry abt how many seats are left.jus apply asap.if ur resume is strong and ur communication skills are good,u should get thru.all the best

hi att3.. i am a FTD..84/3.18/96/pg degree/publication/research exp/teaching/clinical. i will be filling my application now.how many seats left...Do i stand any chances.. really worried.

dont worry abt how many seats are left.jus apply asap.if ur resume is strong and ur communication skills are good,u should get thru.all the best
Thank you att3..

I am just wondering if anyone is aware abt the admissions at Uni of Minnesota ? Are they still calling for Ivs ?

hi i just applied and i was wondering do they send an application complete e- mail first or they give a phone call directly.

hi i just applied and i was wondering do they send an application complete e- mail first or they give a phone call directly.

They do send an application complete email as soon as your application is received and complete. The phone call is for interview invitation and is roughly after 6-8 weeks after the application complete email.

Just be laid-back during the interview.

Janet and Dr.Berthold are very nice and sweet people, so are the Minnesotan people.

Have fun and good luck.

Did anyone of those interviewed in May/early June get acceptance/rejection or waitlisted emails? Please respond.

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know how many students University of Minnesota accept each year....I cannot find anything on their website......

Thanks

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know how many students University of Minnesota accept each year....I cannot find anything on their website......

Thanks

I have heard its around 10 candidate a year...
nothing s on their website though!!!

Hello,
I'm having a question. My wife did BDS in India. I just heard that an international student can go with MDS directly without DDS in USA. Is this true?

Thanks for your prompt response.

I applied ard 20th mar.... for 2011...
my stats
90/3.37/107 BDS from India
i got a call... they are very busy with new class starting...
will get a mail in couple of days as they said... will update as soon as i know something