minnesota iv

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imlucky11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys, I got an iv call from minnesota for may 26th.... i got the call literally 30 mins back.... anyone else got it.... can some one tell me what they expect in the iv and how it proceeds.... they will mail me tomorrow and i will share the info

Members don't see this ad.

Guys, I got an iv call from minnesota for may 26th.... i got the call literally 30 mins back.... anyone else got it.... can some one tell me what they expect in the iv and how it proceeds.... they will mail me tomorrow and i will share the info

Congrates imlucky11...........all the best for your interview.......can you share you stat with us?? thanks

congratulations...how did they contact you..did they call up or email...when did you apply?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey ..congrats..can you please let us know when did you apply there..and if you dnt mind can you share your stats?

Thanks

Hi IMLUCKY,

Congrats for the interview...Can you please let us know that when did you apply to them...... is it for 2011 class or 2010?

Thank you

I applied ard 20th mar.... for 2011...
my stats
90/3.37/107 BDS from India
i got a call... they are very busy with new class starting...
will get a mail in couple of days as they said... will update as soon as i know something

Thankyou..I got application complete e-mail on 20 april, so I think I have to wait....My stats are 91/3.74/114 BDS from India.....Do you think I stand a chance or they would have done with their interviews? Oh God.....I just wish I get a call......

Good Luck

Thankyou..I got application complete e-mail on 20 april, so I think I have to wait....My stats are 91/3.74/114 BDS from India.....Do you think I stand a chance or they would have done with their interviews? Oh God.....I just wish I get a call......

Good Luck

hi bddsgirl
how many students does uni of minnesota take every year?what is the class size?

10 students

@bddsgirl u don't have a chance because you have very low scores![pun intended] come on, you will forfeit every one's chance with these scores

does anyone know how many people they call for iv.... also any idea about what they ask in the iv...
some specific weird q's

are their admissions on a rolling basis? It doesn't mention so on their website,but I think it might be, that's why they already invited for interviews.

they have 10 seats and they have rolling admissions.

Hi 3rdorder,

Well thanks for encouraging me.....but after 5 months of writing my exams and getting my scores and waiting to get just one interview call, I have forgotten how to be hopeful.

Hey pbkal,

They take 10 students per year....

Members don't see this ad :)
it is very important to apply early , so stick to that

did anyone else get interview calls???

hey all,
do you think we can apply now also?or there is no use now since they have rolling admissions.??

hey all,
do you think we can apply now also?or there is no use now since they have rolling admissions.??

I think you should apply. They have just started calling out for interviews.

Thank you anky , pm me your USA ph no. Where are you now? Need to talk to you yaar!

did anyone else got calls??/
pls help me what is the diff b/w official transcripts and marks sheets???
did you all submit certificate of internship????
help is greatly appreciated.
thanks.

This is so strange, just one person got the IV call from Minnesota......

anybody got a call for 23rd june from UMN

Congrats Appu .. when did you hear from them .. I tooo applied 4 weeks back .. hoping to hear from them ..

hey appu, when did u apply and could u share ur stats....please, it gives us a relative idea where we stand....thanks appu

hey DocSur and dental genius..thanks...i got a call from them today ( phone call) ..i had applied in april 1st week...my stats are: 87/106/3.77 +a lot of awards and volunteer work...and i am a re applicant( last time i applied had an 81..got rejected)

any female willing to share accomodation for june 23 iv at minnesota...pm me

Dear frens,need help

I applied to minnesota and they have a asked me transcripts and intership completion certifiate.Any one from rguhs,how you got transcript from rguhs india,and if anyone can forward me the fax no of isp of minnesota ,I will be thankful.Hoping to grt reply soon

maiya

is there anyone else who have heard for interview from UMN??? it seems till now two dates have come out, the one already done on 26th may and the next on June 23rd....

Dear frens,need help

I applied to minnesota and they have a asked me transcripts and intership completion certifiate.Any one from rguhs,how you got transcript from rguhs india,and if anyone can forward me the fax no of isp of minnesota ,I will be thankful.Hoping to grt reply soon

maiya

Hi Maiya..I am also from RGUHS university and after coming here just last week i needed the transcript and i have gone through a lot just to get it. Here is a easy way, You need to send chalan of 1000rs from SBM and just fill out the form . You can get the form by www.rguhs.ac.in . You also have to send your marks card xerox and degree certificate xerox. They say that they will mail the transcript but you can ask some of your friend or anyone to go and pick it up.

Hope it hepls.

Hi,

I might be looking dumb asking this question.... but why do we need to get transcripts from RGUHS now? we already have our original marksheets and internship completion certificate when we were passing out of dental school in india. does minnesota need sealed copies??

Hi Maiya..I am also from RGUHS university and after coming here just last week i needed the transcript and i have gone through a lot just to get it. Here is a easy way, You need to send chalan of 1000rs from SBM and just fill out the form . You can get the form by www.rguhs.ac.in . You also have to send your marks card xerox and degree certificate xerox. They say that they will mail the transcript but you can ask some of your friend or anyone to go and pick it up.

Hope it hepls.
hi fren,
thanx a lot for the reply.I did that but they send us stamped copies of our marksheets and degree certificate when we apply for transcript.I already send copies of marksheets to minnesota but they are asking for transcript that means all years marks in one sheet,I am confused,I don;t think RGuhs will issue anything like that.
anyways lots of thanx for the info
all the best for application cycle
maiya

hi fren,
thanx a lot for the reply.I did that but they send us stamped copies of our marksheets and degree certificate when we apply for transcript.I already send copies of marksheets to minnesota but they are asking for transcript that means all years marks in one sheet,I am confused,I don;t think RGuhs will issue anything like that.
maiya
i'm not from your university, but let me tell you, even if your college doesn't issue all in one certificate, request them to send you a certificate which shows number of hours/credits spent against each subject ,lab work, clinic. like an attendance sheet in which number of hours allocated to each subject, and the number of hours you attended.
with this certificate and mark sheets that you already have will suffice the requirements.

hi fren,
maiya

Yes Unfortunately RGUHS consider that as transcript.they dont give all in once certificate. Just stamp from registrar will become transcript. Sad but true.. I hav not applied to Minnesota but just informed them that this what our univercity give us as a transcript...

ya RGUHS transcripts are like that ,thats hw our uni is,no prob just make sure all marks sheaths n degree certificate are signed and the envelope is signed n seal is placed across..

Anyone got a call for interview for June30?? Any female willing to share a room for the same??

They started interviews so early?? I have not even aplied yet. shd i apply or they r done with the iv?

go ahead and apply..there still time for their deadline

hey anky,
when did you apply-around which date?

hey great.... they interview 4 people at one time... very friendly atmosphere.... make sure u r fresh and energetic for whole day as its a long day....

Last edited:
hey great.... they interview 4 people at one time... very friendly atmosphere.... make sure u r fresh and energetic for whole day as its a long day.... there will be 3 interviews for 20-30 mins each and rest of the day they have general interaction. READ ABOUT MINNEAPOLIS.... thats all i can guide u about the IV

Oh Thank you so much for the advice... Your help is appreciated. Good luck to u.. God bless U.

hey great.... they interview 4 people at one time... very friendly atmosphere.... make sure u r fresh and energetic for whole day as its a long day.... there will be 3 interviews for 20-30 mins each and rest of the day they have general interaction. READ ABOUT MINNEAPOLIS.... thats all i can guide u about the IV

thanks a lot for the great input...all the best to u

Last edited:
I am gonna apply only trw!!! wrd if i have a chance!!!!????

Hey guys
can any one guide me where should we write' the number of days/ week one worked' in the dental experience at home country column. i did not find any spot to write it. Do we write it in the spot date/mth/year.....
Please reply soon ...
help will be appreciated.

thanks a lot for the great input...all the best to u

hey great.... they interview 4 people at one time... very friendly atmosphere.... make sure u r fresh and energetic for whole day as its a long day....

hi imlucky11!!
thanks for all the information. its really helpful.
do u mind sharing your status? just to know what status candidates are being invited for interviews. thanku very much.

i applied around mid april and i received mail today saying we can't grant you interview this year. Second jolt after being waitlisted at colorado.
Good luck to all of you!

@ 3rd order..pls share ur stats...
i wantd to apply to umn...we can probably estimate our i/v chances by knowing your stats...actually i'll decide whrt to apply or nt aftr hearing frm u
thanks

part-1-84/toefl-97 and lots of experience and extra curricular activities.
each one of you have your own merits/chances so keep applying you never know...

part-1-84/toefl-97 and lots of experience and extra curricular activities.
each one of you have your own merits/chances so keep applying you never know...

hi 3rd order, happy2010, florarose
can anyone guide me with this information. im applying to umn now. do i have to include my shadowing experience letters with the application?? since the check off list doesnt say anything, got doubt. do we have to provide the clinical experience letters with the application package or during the interviews?? please suggest as soon as possible. thanku very much.

hi 3rd order, happy2010, florarose
can anyone guide me with this information. im applying to umn now. do i have to include my shadowing experience letters with the application?? since the check off list doesnt say anything, got doubt. do we have to provide the clinical experience letters with the application package or during the interviews?? please suggest as soon as possible. thanku very much.

Hi pbkal,
I dont think that you need to provide proof of your shadowing or clinical experience through letters. You should be fine with listing them it in your CV or Personal statement. They are very clear as to what things they need as part of your application. So, just include those things. Do not forget to include your Internship completion certificate though since they do not mention it in their application package list.