Midwestern vet c/o 2026 hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received acceptance to Glasgow over the weekend and also received my acceptance to Midwestern in the mail today. I will be attending Glasgow, is my #1 school, and will be declining my offer to Midwestern. Good luck to all of you and I hope someone on the waitlist ultimately gets my spot!
Mind if I ask you about the glasgow interview? any high level advice you can give me? :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone interview on October 20th hear back yet? I'm getting antsy!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was interviewed on Oct. 21. Checked my portal yesterday and I was accepted! OOS (international) applicant.

Mind if I ask you about the glasgow interview? any high level advice you can give me? :)
Just be yourself. It is a quick interview and from what I have gleaned from SDN it is really about your speaking, your reasoning, how you articulate your thoughts and knowing your application. I really focused on my application, my reasons for Glasgow, knowing the school's value to me and what attracted me to it. I really focused on thinking of my replies before I said anything. I had several questions on my current Vet assistant role - one question led to many questions getting more and more detailed. I practiced A LOT! While it was 20 minutes scheduled it was really closer to 30 minutes with two personnel from the school. I only had one question at the end as all of mine were answered in their Zoom Q&A session I attended. I hope that helps.

I'm interviewing virtually very soon and I was wondering if anyone can give some tips about the interview! I stalked this year and previous years' threads but still feel so nervous... ahhh!!

I'm interviewing virtually very soon and I was wondering if anyone can give some tips about the interview! I stalked this year and previous years' threads but still feel so nervous... ahhh!!
I know everyone says it but I’d say to just relax and enjoy it. They know they like you enough to interview you, they just want to get to know you more.
You’re also there to interview them as much they are you. Take advantage of this time to ask things you really want/need to know that’ll help you decide if you get into multiples.

Accepted!!! 💕 Found out today via portal change! Literally cried and screamed when I saw 😅

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
recieved email acceptance this afternoon following in person interview nov 3 :)

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone received acceptances or given notice of waitlist/denied after their nov 4th interview?

Hi all! I interviewed on Nov 18, hoping to stay in the loop to see when other Nov 18 interviewees get their decisions!

Anybody have any virtual interview feedback? I have my interview on December 8th!

Anybody have any virtual interview feedback? I have my interview on December 8th!
make sure you have chargers for all of your devices... I had to move around to a bunch of different locations because you need to stay logged in for the whole period and my headphones and cell phone all died, and because my headphones died I had to move outside to where there was no laptop charger. it was way more nerve wracking than the interview!

When people say they got their acceptance via portal changes, what exactly is it that lets you know you were accepted?

When people say they got their acceptance via portal changes, what exactly is it that lets you know you were accepted?
If you look up the accepted student list and there are something under it, that means you’re accepted.

If you look up the accepted student list and there are something under it, that means you’re accepted.
Well in that case I think I've been accepted? I assumed I was rejected since most other people who interviewed on my day seem to have been accepted before me. Has anyone gotten any official emails/calls with admission offers?

Well in that case I think I've been accepted? I assumed I was rejected since most other people who interviewed on my day seem to have been accepted before me. Has anyone gotten any official emails/calls with admission offers?
I got my official email about 2-3 days after my portal changed, and received my official letter 1 week later

As an update -- I interviewed Nov. 18th and still haven't heard anything back. Just wanted to let others know in case they interviewed around the same time!

As an update -- I interviewed Nov. 18th and still haven't heard anything back. Just wanted to let others know in case they interviewed around the same time!
thanks for the update - I did as well and still nothing!

Just got my acceptance today via voicemail and email! Super stoked.

Reactions: 4 users
Is anyone else interviewing on the 8th? I'm still confused if we need to be online for the full x hours or if we are going to get a schedule sent to us ahead of time for a portion of the full time. ty

Is anyone else interviewing on the 8th? I'm still confused if we need to be online for the full x hours or if we are going to get a schedule sent to us ahead of time for a portion of the full time. ty
When I did the virtual interview we had to be logged in from the beginning to the end, most of the time was hanging out in the zoom room with other applicants while 3 people hopped out to interview

I interviewed on November 3rd in person and I found out I was accepted Tuesday November 30th that I was accepted via email. I noticed changes in my portal, meaning I had an "accepted student checklist", the day before I got the email. Good luck to everyone still interviewing or waiting for a response!

Has anyone else not heard anything back at all?

Applied OOS back in early August, haven’t heard a single thing apart from portal creation.

Applied OOS back in early August, haven’t heard a single thing apart from portal creation.
I would email them because I know people that applied after you and have been waitlisted for an interview

Does anyone know anything about the financial aid recipient message on the portal??

my portal updated this morning and now I have something under my accepted student checklist (prerequisite list, looks like transcript list from the colleges I've attended, as well as documents for matriculation agreement)..does this mean I've been accepted?....

Reactions: 1 users
my portal updated this morning and now I have something under my accepted student checklist (prerequisite list, looks like transcript list from the colleges I've attended, as well as documents for matriculation agreement)..does this mean I've been accepted?....
I believe so!!

Omg okay, i interviewed Nov. 18 and saw my portal update this morning for acceptance! (OOS applicant, non-WICHE) 🥳

• Love
My accepted student checklist also just updated!!! OOS acceptance!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed on the 17th and just got accepted OOS!! 2nd time applicant/1st time MWU!!! Im so excited!!!!!!!

On that note, anyone know how to apply for housing?

Got accepted a week ago! finally yay!

Reactions: 6 users
Hi guys!! I interviewed on Nov.14th & I still haven't heard anything back aside from an email thanking me for attending. Has anyone else interviewed on this date and heard back anything?
I've been checking my portal everyday & nothings changed ):

Good luck, everyone!

Hi guys!! I interviewed on Nov.14th & I still haven't heard anything back aside from an email thanking me for attending. Has anyone else interviewed on this date and heard back anything?
I've been checking my portal everyday & nothings changed ):

Good luck, everyone!
i interviewed Nov. 18 and heard back yesterday.

I didn't hear back until several weeks after many other people from my interview date were accepted, and I still received an acceptance, so a delay in response isn't necessarily a rejection.

i interviewed Nov. 18 and heard back yesterday.
Do you mind telling me what letter your last name starts with lol i'm curious... & congrats on your acceptance!!!! Will you be accepting their offer?

I didn't hear back until several weeks after many other people from my interview date were accepted, and I still received an acceptance, so a delay in response isn't necessarily a rejection.
Thank you so much for saying that, because I've been so nervous. The interview was not what I expected at all & I don't think I did as well as I'd like to.

Thank you so much for saying that, because I've been so nervous. The interview was not what I expected at all & I don't think I did as well as I'd like to.
I practiced a bunch for my interviews and chatted with past students to get a feel for how they are (conversational, intense vs laid back etc). Even with all that preparation I was still stuttering, not saying what I meant to say, and was on the verge of tears the whole time because I was so nervous... and I now have 2 acceptances under my belt! Even if you didn't feel your interview went as well as it could have that doesn't mean it went badly!